Transparent Renewed for Season 2

Transparent Renewed Season 2

Citing Transparent‘s “overwhelming success” and “incredibly positive viewer response,” Amazon Studios has greenlit the acclaimed dysfunctional family drama for a second season, it was announced on Thursday.

RELATED Jeffrey Tambor: Amazon’s Transparent Is Part of a Civil-Rights ‘Revolution’ (and It’s Funny, Too)

Transparent, which stars Jeffrey Tambor (a TVLine Performer of the Week) and released its 10 freshman episodes on Sept. 26, stands as the most binge-watched TV series on Prime Instant Video — with nearly 80 percent of all viewers watching two or more episodes of the series in the same day, a consumption rate higher than any previous release.

“We are absolutely thrilled that the response to Transparent has been so positive,” Amazon Studios VP Roy Price said in a statement. “Given all this great feedback, it only makes sense to bring the Pfeffermans back next year in Season 2.”

RELATED Amazon’s Man in the High Castle Adaptation Casts Alexa Davalos

Transparent Season 2 will be released sometime in 2015.

1. E. says:

Fantastic! Such a great show. I immediately wanted more after binge watching the ten episodes in two days.

2. Matt says:

I definitely had some issues with this show. Only a few really. But all-in-all it really is a great show. I’m excited that it got another season.
    (One issue I had that comes to mind right now is the casting of Melora Hardin and how she plays Tammy as if she’s Justin Bieber with the mannerisms and “yeah man”‘s. Another is the wig they gave to Judith Light to wear in present day. Horrible. Oh and the fact that there wasn’t nearly enough Judith Light.

3. Geo says:

Hooray! Best new show of the season. If Jefferey Tambor doesn’t get a major Emmy nom, it’ll be the biggest snub since Tatiana Maslany.

4. Jonathan says:

Great news, the first season was not enough!

5. Olivia says:

I have only watched the first episode but I was hooked so I guess that the following eps will be great as well. Therefore, a second season is great news. The more I watch cable and web produced shows, the more I’m frustrated by network tv. Even my usual faves sometimes feel dull or downright boring. I get why, they don’t have the same liberty; but as a viewer I still wish there were more shows like OITNB or Transparent.

6. HAP says:

This was a no-brainer. Excellently written, cast and acted show that has been the recipient of major Emmy buzz from the day it was released.

7. Sam says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

8. Jeannette Helps says:

Can’t wait!! Wish it was available in Canada!

9. krystal says:

i would love to be on the show i am a trans parent

10. Robyn Fenson says: