Exclusive

The Originals Sneak Peek: Klaus and Elijah Clash Over Hybrid Hayley

Loading video...

Now that Hayley’s hybrid instincts are kicking in on The Originalsjust ask Francesca(‘s ghost) about that — it’s time for Klaus and Elijah to figure out the best course of action. Spoiler alert: They don’t exactly see eye to eye.

RELATED Nina Dobrev, Joseph Morgan on Tatia’s Originals Crossover: ‘It’s Shocking’

In TVLine’s exclusive first look at Monday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), the Mikaelson brothers’ casual chat about the state of Ms. Marshall’s inner beast takes an ugly turn.

“She is embracing this,” Klaus assures Elijah. “A little less criticism from you and Hayley will be just fine.”

Elijah’s response? “Niklaus, the mother of your child deserves much better than ‘just fine!'”

All right, it’s time to pick a side: Do you agree with Klaus’ laid-back approach, or should Elijah intervene? Hit PLAY on the preview clip above, then drop a comment below with your thoughts.

1. James says:

I agree with both.

2. Diane says:

Well we all know the way Klaus cares about Hayley now…He loves that they’re murder buddies

3. Sara says:

Ugh.

Why does everything have to revolve around Hayley?

• Erika says:

I absolutely agree with you Sara. That was one concept I found to be annoying in season one -seriously what is so great about her anyway? She’s an unappreciative wolf who won the hybrid baby lotto (a child she initially contemplated aborting). It was ridiculous how these incredible Mikkaelsen men were fawning over her and all I kept thinking was ‘why’. I wish they would stop referring to her as a ‘queen’ because that only gives her an inflated ego a boost. I miss Rebecca and feel that Cami would be a positive influence on Klaus and think there are feelings there. I wish they would tone down the Elijah and Hayley thing.

• JoAnn says:

Eww not Cami she’s even worse. Please kill her.

• Andie says:

Agreed. Even though I didn’t like Hayley much in the beginning (she has grown on me), I have never been able to warm up to Cami. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but I never quite saw the point of her character. It’s like she was stuck in the middle of a vampire show so they could have the “pretty blond human” character. The actress who plays her is a decent actress, but she just doesn’t have any chemistry with the other actors on the show (either romantic or platonic chemistry). I would much rather they did away with her altogether.

• pebbles51 says:

I agree on toning down the Elijah/Hayley thing. Elijah should be helping them take down the witches not worrying about Hayley being better than fine. Let her work it out like everybody else had to. Maybe we will get some new female characters this season thst will distract our brothers!

4. ramitha c.r says:

I just love joseph Morgan he just luv hayely dey r lyk made fr each other

• Khairina says:

I know right… Elijah is soo annoyying.. I love the couple klayley. I hope they’ll intensify their relationship in season 2 and put elijah awayy

5. pebbles51 says:

What do they eant her to do? Sit and knit booties after the witches slit her throat snd tried to kill her baby.

6. Escarlata says:

Stay away Elijah,Why the writers insist on bringing Hayley with Elijah is Klaus who has similarities with Klayley, they ‘go together Please Plec.

7. Ivy says:

Do ever talk about anything else?

8. zed says:

I think that Elijah should just stay out of it and let Klaus and Hayley figure things out, and they so get one another- they are kindred.
    It’s annoying to see Elijah tell Klaus what to do… I love Elijah, especially the one that appeared on TVD…but this love sick puppy going after Hayley is so annoying!

• Andie says:

I agree. On the other hand though, I think it sort of is in character for Elijah to be, well…out of his usual character when love is involved. He is very cool, calm, and collected, but we saw even on The Vampire Diaries that when his heart is involved (either with family or with love, as with Katherine), he allows himself to get distracted from his goal and pulled into dramas that he might otherwise stay away from. As much as I prefer Elijah when he is not being all love sick, I think it sort of fits his character for him to be drawn into a state of over-involvement when he truly cares about someone.

9. fri says:

in season1 episode22 the original elijah simply were bitten by Francesca’s brothers(just in a second !!!) and Francesca’s brothers killed vampires one by one.
    in episode 13 or 14 elijah was bitten by kiaus but nothing happend (just fever )
    but in sesone2 healy alone simply killed nine of them including Francesca.

10. Hope says:

I agree with Elijah all the way. I am a big Elijah and Haley fan. Elijah cares about her. I think Klaus just want her to be like him. No love triangles. I fear for my couple.

• Andie says:

Ha – I’m with you there. Honestly, I don’t much care who is right as long as TO stays away from love triangles with these characters. I don’t care what direction they take Elijah and Hayley – just please, please keep Klaus and Hayley’s relationship platonic!

11. Hope says:

And Klaus may care about her, but Elijah loves her. He is the one that has been there for her. And he cares about her a little to much at times. I love Elijah and I agree with him. I agree he wants Haley to be his murdering buddy just like Klaus. I knew there was going to angst for Elijah and Haley but I don’t know how much more I can take. I am tired of Elijah getting blamed when he just cares. Hes a gentlemen. Elijah and haley are endgame. I guess us fans will have to deal.

12. Abby says:

Can Elijah get a life.

13. dana says:

I disagree, I dont really like or understand cami , s role she is playing. She has a boring character. I prefer hayley has more character/action playing a strong kick ass female standing up for her ppl and believe in them.

14. sara says:

why is hayley always referred to as a “queen” or the “mother of your child” it doesn’t make her more likeable and we don’t need the constant reminder…

15. Guest says:

Only female character worth my time is Davina. Haley and Cami can go away any time now (if only..haha) I need my no nonsense Elijah back :/ this love sick Eli is just boring..klaus I still love probably because he hasn’t changed much >:) really excited Finn and kol are back! Really want at least kol back in his original body but that’s because I miss my Isaac on teen wolf lol also totally can’t wait for mamma and papa original to find each other again :) don’t know much about their relationship when they were both still kicking but from her affair with the werewolf that created klaus and just the way her family is I hope it’s volatile and sexy :D hahaha

16. tayslick09 says:

They both right but Esther need to get down in that basement where Kol and Finn coffins at and do magic

17. Chantall says:

Eww cami and klaus are bad for each other i can see the connection between hayley and klaus now…she is and alpha female and he is and alpha male they would make such a power couple and klaus is the only one who would understand how she feels since because mikael made him feel ashamed of being a hybrid so its good that his trying to help her

18. Jessie says:

I really loved the vampire diaries for the first three season than the love triangle .it just made me not like the show of how that damon and Stephen brother relationship became because of elena . I love the orignals it is amazing . I love the charters and relationship . I love klaus and hayley together they have a lot in common the would make a great couple .i also love Eligh character I hope they just don’t screw him over by making it a love triangle between him hayley and klaus.