Exclusive

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sneak Peek: Coulson and May Are Dressed to Thrill

Loading video...

This Tuesday on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 9/8c), after an undercover Coulson and May dance for real, they must “tango” with an intricate security system, as revealed in this exclusive sneak peek.

RELATED S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits White Collar Star to Play Ward’s [Spoiler]

As seen in a previously released clip (posted below), Coulson and May’s covers find them dressed to kill (or at least Night-Night) and engaging in some fancy footwork. Then, after doing proper recon, they make a run for their target, only to be stymied by a laser grid.

With the clock ticking, can Coulson limber up fast enough to slink through the web of lasers, Charlie’s Angels-style? Or is there a better solution? Watch our sneak peek above to find out.

Want more scoop on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. sladewilson says:

I love May. Tied with Coulson as my fave characters on the show. I just hope she has an all out fight scene again – she kills those…

2. Lynn says:

I think Coulson wants to rip that dress off May and have some fun right there and then.

3. lariet50 says:

First: Clark Gregg is ROCKING that outfit. Second: I know they’re probably gearing up to a Coulson/May relationship at some point, but can they not? I just really don’t see those two together.

• Dan says:

Are you kidding? May/Coulson are the ONLY relationship that’s interesting! I wouldn’t mind something more happening between those two.

But the Skye/Ward thing has to stop! There is no redemption for a cold blooded massmurder and it would really kill the show for me if they try and force that.

• Badpenny says:

I have to wonder if we are going to eventually see Ward undergo the same mental conditioning that Hydra’s using on their agents to make him ‘loyal’ to SHIELD. I really don’t think they want to write Brett off the show and they can’t keep him a prisoner forever, so Brett either goes full Hydra or he comes back to the team.
        As for the rest, I agree. May/Coulson is the only interesting grouping – though I would not mind Fits/Simmons going somewhere eventually.

• OCD Geek says:

That idea with Ward’s amazing! They gain another asset who feels like one of the good guys and a part of the team. But everyone else is uneasy around because this isn’t real (not to mention the atrocities he committed). You get endlessly complex possibilities with Ward’s relationships with the other characters. And the showrunners could then deal with the moral ambiguity of SHIELD brainwashing Ward and whether or not they’ve gone too far. I hope they take your idea and run with it.

• lariet50 says:

No, I’m with you on Skye/Ward, they need to stop trying to make that happen. But I can’t get with May/Coulson. Maybe if they’d flesh May’s character out a little and make her more than just the resident badass.

• murley says:

Ever since Ward went evil I am that much more intrigued to see where the Ward/Skye story goes! And as much as I love pretty much every Coulson and May interaction I am not sure I want it to turn romantic. I think I prefer the mutual respect and partnership vibe they have.

• @ Dan says:

ITA. May/Coulson are the only ones that I find interesting, as well. I like Fitz/Simmons but only as good friends. And Skye and Ward seem contrived as well. Love all of the characters separately, just not as potential couples (except M/C, of course) 😉

4. Joey Padron says:

Good clips. Can’t wait to see next new episode next Tuesday!

5. side3 says:

Ming-Na Wen is 50 years old and puts women half her age to shame. So gorgeous.

6. Evelyn says:

Love these undercover episodes that focus on May and Coulson. I’d love to see more of them, they make such a great team! Their relationship is also my favorite on the show so I hope we get to see it continue to grow as time goes on.

7. You know if Ming-Na announced to the world she was in fact immortal I’d believe her. Her and Paul Rudd.

8. Robyn says:

I would have liked it better if the dress had been retroreflective.

9. John Moshier says:

is it me or all the girls starting to look a like sky simmons and now this agent 33 they need some blonds or red heads so I can see a diffrences

10. Shiloh says:

Could on and May are the best. Love this clip.