NBC Eyes Say Anything TV Series

Say Anything TV Show NBC

Here’s a present that’s way better than a pen: A Say Anything TV show!

NBC is developing a sequel series to the 1989 Cameron Crowe film that would catch up with Diane Court and Lloyd Dobler 10 years later, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites!

The single-camera comedy from writer Justin Adler (Better Off Ted) finds Lloyd single after long ago being dumped by Diane. His life hasn’t exactly turned out like he thought it would. But then Diane surprisingly returns home, inspiring him to “dare to be great” once again, win back his girl and reboot his life.

The project is being produced by Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV.

Are you excited to revisit Diane and Lloyd? Or are you heartbroken to imagine a future in which the two split?

1. kd86953 says:

If they get John Cusack and Ione Skye, I’m 110% on board with this.

2. Gerald says:

At this point they’re not even trying- also known was NBC new slogan.

3. madhatter360 says:

10 years later, so is it taking place in 1999? Or will it be both ten years later and current day?

4. K says:

I say no thank you. Leave it how it ended.

5. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since
    exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

6. PattyStamps says:

This makes me feel how I did when rumors spread that Justin Bieber would be playing Marty McFly in a Back to the Future remake. There is only one Llyod Dobbler.

• Tracy says:

I hope they never remake Back to the Future…it’s perfect the way it is and no one could top the original and very talented cast!

7. Tran says:

Let’s hope the TV version of Say Anything won’t get picked up as a series even if the boom box is playing Peter Gabriel’s In Your Eyes.

8. Laura says:

NO! No, no, no. And also no.

9. AnnieM says:

Wow…this sounds really terrible.

10. Tricia says:

I’d watch the crap out of this. I’d hate myself for it, but I’d watch it.

You’ve got to cast Lloyd right, though. I’m just gonna throw out Michael Scott Foster just to be able to say I was first.

11. Kristine says:

Good Lord NO!!!! Don’t tarnish the memory of a great movie.

12. TVLine_FanGirl says:

This sounds like a terrible idea. The movie had a perfect and happy ending, about young love. If they could pull it off it could be awesome, but most likely it will be awful. Couldn’t they just do this plot line with out ripping off the movie and all it’s signature characters? I imagine many people under the age of 30 never saw the movie.

13. donholley77 says:

They should pickup where the movie left off! Showing the ups & downs of their relationship!

14. selfie says:

Dear God, please “NO”!

15. Susan says:

I loved the movie and the chemistry between John Cusack and Lone Skye. This is a show I would definitely watch but would want them to get back together again. They belong together and no, I can’t imagine a future with them apart.

16. Jess says:

IS NOTHING SACRED?!

17. Tracy says:

I can’t see anyone but Cusack as Dobbler and I don’t see him doing TV! Plus, I never thought Dobbler and Diane would stay together…they are like Zoe and Wade on Hart of Dixie…the chemistry may be there but smart, overachievers don’t stay with funny losers for life!

18. Ugh says:

I read an article this morning that said Cameron Crowe is dead against this, and while the network doesn’t need his permission to make the show, they may very well not go ahead without his blessing. I hope that’s true. Those characters left off where Cameron Crowe wanted them to be, and nobody should mess with that. And I for one, don’t need one of my favorite movies from my high school days ruined by some ridiculous remake. Come up with your own ideas!