Once Upon a Time Photos: Emma Nabs The Knave, Sadness for OutlawQueen

Season 4, Episode 3

The Knave aka formerly Merry Man Will Scarlett is up to his old tricks when he resurfaces in Storybrooke this Sunday on ABC’s Once Upon a Time. Also previewed in this fresh batch of photos below: #SadOutlawQueen.

RELATED Once Upon a Time Season 4, Episode 2 Recap: Icebreaker

In the episode “Rocky Road,” when a spell is cast on Marian which will ultimately and fatally freeze her heart, the townsfolk blame Elsa. But unbeknownst to anyone, the woman (Lost’s Elizabeth Mitchell) who runs the Any Given Sundae ice cream parlor has the same powers as Elsa, and is trying to frame her.

RELATED Once Upon a Time Scoop on Rumbelle’s New Trouble

Elsewhere, Emma and David find Will Scarlet (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’s Michael Socha) rummaging through Robin Hood’s tent, Regina teams up with Henry to try and discover who the author of the fairytale book is, Mary Margaret struggles to balance her duties as leader of Storybrooke and mother to Prince Neal, and Hook begins to suspect that Mr. Gold is still in control of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One.

1. John NYC says:

Didin’t he switch them back around (giving her the real one) in the house with the Sorcerer’s Apprentice hat?

• abz says:

Yeah, but he took it back out of her bag again while she was sleeping to use the magic to reveal the Sorcerer’s Hat from that box. I’m willing to bet that isn’t the last time he’s gonna require the dagger especially since he’s probably up to something with the hat.

2. Kay says:

Snow White as mayor, in the mayor’s office feels weird. I don’t know I’m not saying it’s bad or anything, but I thought school teacher fit her well and it’s just something that needs time to get used to.
    Much happening on Sunday with Snow Queen and Will Scarlet coming in. I can’t wait for the Merry Men & Robin Hood to meet Will again. That should be very, very interesting after how he left them in that flashback on the Wonderland spinoff.
    Regina and Robin… it’s gonna be one of those things where they’ll look at each other across the room with a mix of sadness and longing, right. Damn, OUAT. I don’t want to wish any ill on Maid Marian, but those two are meant to be and #sadoutlawqueen is gonna hurt.

3. fiona walsh says:

Sadoutlawqueen this tag made me chuckle and I agree. I adore these two can’t wait to see what happens

4. rachelle says:

I don’t meant to be petty! But whyyyy are Marian, Robin and Roland in Regina’s house?? I get why Frozen!Marian would be there, but why is the whole family there all smiling and crap? That’s a little insensitive to Regina on Robin’s part. Unless that’s the Mayor’s office? Is the Mayor’s office in Regina’s mansion? Or am I mistaking her office for her house?

Poor Outlaw Queen! #HopeForOutlawQueen

5. abz says:

I hope The Knave being there doesn’t mean Anastasia is dead or something. It would great if she can pop in for an episode in the second half of the season. Would love to see her again.

6. Lies says:

yess the knave finally!

7. Miranda says:

Woah fatally? For marian? Is that for real? Didn’t expect them to kill her so quickly!

8. Becky says:

Oh my that pic of Robin looking at Regina (it must be her!) slays me. There’s so much emotion in that expression. I know he wants to honor his code, but his heart has made its choice and he can only ignore it for so long. He loves Regina and she loves him.

• Lisa says:

Sorry but he has one expression only. He looks the same way as he does in all his scenes. It happens when an actor can’t act.

• Shor6334 says:

I wish OuaT had made Robin Hood a series regular for s4. Maybe they still will. I watched OuaT in Wonderland, I liked the Knave too. But the one person I wanted as main character for OuaT in s4 was Robin Hood. He has been such a great addition to OuaT!

• Zelda says:

I’m thinking Matt’s #SadOutlawQueen caption is spot-on. I’m looking forward to it tho. Give me all the Outlaw Queen angst. I’m sure Lana Parrilla and Sean Maguire will be amazing.

9. Name That Tune says:

So bored with this show.

• Kay L says:

Then why are you still not only reading the articles, but also taking the time to comment on them? You are free to come and go as you please, but this just doesn’t make sense to me. If you’re bored with it, why enter this page to begin with?

• Name That Tune says:

Not every comment has to be sunshine and lollipops. Used to like the show and felt engaged.

Now I am just bored. Especially by the Frozen storyline.

But Rumple has lost his MOJO with the death of Neal, Emma and Hook are boring (when do you think we’ll see the wedding? ), and Regina – hee character has turned into a wimp.

10. A says:

The past 2 episodes have been so boring. I can’t stand Hook, he has to go. Hook has no purpose other than chasing after Emma. Their scenes together make me want to puke

• T says:

Your opiion- Hook is ne f teh reasons I watch.

• Ebony says:

Really? And what’s Robin Hood’s purpose, other than being a love interest for Regina? What is Belle’s purpose, other than being smart and for saving some ugly man from becoming evil? What is Henry’s purpose, other than dying, getting lost, being the cause of many feuds between Regina and Emma, more dying, and being the Truest Believer? I don’t dislike any of these characters, I’m just pointing out that if you think about, a lot of characters don’t really have an “important” purpose like being the Savior, but they are still great characters! LONG LIVE CAPTAINSWAN!

11. Mr. All I Know says:

I suspect the Marian situation may be a sort of a ‘final destination’ scenario since she was supposed to die but Emma changed her destiny line so therefore Marian’s destiny may be short in Storybrooke.. Regina did say something like she was going to die anyways so that could be a foreshadow that Marian isnt meant to live or she just gets cursed by the snow queen for whatever reason to be explained. I am liking this season so far. To bring in Frozen characters at first seemed a bit much but the stories are being incorporated wonderfully but as always still leaving more mystery behind it. Anna is a really intriguing character and brings a very positive role in many ways so its a true wonder what happened and where shes at, did Rumple do something to her? (Most likely)… Elizabeth Mitchell will make an interesting villain since were used to her being on the good side of things.. I loved that incorporation, many thought Elsa is the Snow Queen in this situation but OF COARSE there would be an actual seperate Snow Queen from Elsa whos actually the Ice Queen. But cant wait to see how theyre connected possibly family but why is she against Elsa and Elsa unaware of someone else with her abilities.

• Kay L says:

I like your idea about Marian, that she was supposed to die and somehow fate will catch up with her. That makes sense to me. And I have to agree, I’m enjoying the Frozen story line much more than I thought I would.

12. nathiest says:

Marian which will ultimately and fatally freeze her heart? Fatally? BULL SHIZ! This better be a misleading lie.

13. rachelle says:

I fully expect Marian to live. For now anyway. I hope the writers implement the “act of true love” element to break the curse over her. I don’t think Robin will be able to commit one on Marian’s behalf, though, because I truly believe his feelings for her are no longer the same. I’m hoping that Regina will be able to save Marian by an act of true love on Robin’s behalf that happens to save Marian because Regina thinks it’ll make Robin happy. But I need Robin to KNOW that’s what happened. That Regina’s act of true love that saved his wife was an act of Regina’s true love for him. My Outlaw Queen feels hurt like a B. I hope the writers take pity on OQ as well as OQ fans soon.

14. Rance says:

Did the prop department run out of clothing? It looks like the Knave and Emma are wearing the same pants in those first few pics…

15. Heather says:

Outlaw Queen is my fav! Can’t wait to see what happens.

16. Thomas Healy says:

A frame-up? Seriously? You would think the town would learn their lesson after the list of major frame-ups over the past 3 seasons.

17. Katie says:

So excited for the knave to finally show up! I’ve been missing his sass.

18. Tina says:

Can’t wait to see The Knave/Will Scarlett on OUAT missed him since Wonderland finished… Can’t wait yo hear that line that I had grown yo love ‘Bloody Hell’ in that accent of his… <3

I don't mean yo wish anything in Marian but I want to see Robin and Regina back together again…Regina better not do anything stupid with that book and mirror

#SadOutLawQueen is gonna be a great but sad episode

But….I Can't Wait

19. Ebony says:

Okay, who here throws up when they see MM’s maternity outfits?? I mean, honestly the one in the gallery where’s she’s wearing that black shirt and the floor length skirt???? BLECH!!!!

20. Mikael says:

I LOVE the Knave and can’t wait for him to show up!!!! I hope they don’t retcon Wonderland or anything stupid like that. I’ve been wondering if all this ONCE stuff is happening before the White Rabbit came and took him to rescue Alice. Wonderland did start out with him in Storybrooke and all we saw was Cinderella and Grumpy; it could’ve happened at any time.