Exclusive

Castle Sneak Peek: Have Rick and Kate Set a (New) Wedding Date?

Loading video...

Tonight on Castle (ABC, 10/9c) — in the wake of the season premiere’s many twist and turns — a whole other “mystery” looms large: When might Kate and death-defying Rick attempt another trip down the aisle?

As it would so happen, that hot topic is at hand in this exclusive sneak peek.

RELATED Castle Mystery Man Drops (Just a Few) Clues About Rick’s Vanishing

Who’s itching to say “I do”? And who thinks they need “distance” between their Big Day and the mysterious vanishing that already detoured one ceremony? Press play above to eavesdrop on the couple’s heart-to-heart, which might (just might) lead to the setting of a new date-to-save.

1. lkh says:

ya know what? he’s acting weird or his acting is weird. not sure which.

• Kourt says:

So sick of fans complaining about Nathan Fillion’s acting. Don’t like it. Don’t watch

• Kristine says:

Kindly don’t go off the deep end.

• lkh says:

don’t get sick, stay well. delve into something less superficial. do you think he’s acting differently? or the same? is it what is written, directed or his interpretation? what do you think besides that I should leave the planet and not have a TV. asking a question shouldn’t get someone banned, or should it? (sorry more questions :D ) stay calm

• Just one thing says:

Hey, Lkh! When checking out social media, I see what I believe is a misconception about how things work in TV. Some fans seem to believe that if one of the actors “adlibs” or goes off-script, it’s this magically spontaneous thing they do without checking with the director first. Oh, and that it also happens to be the EXACT take the directors/editors use for the episode – rather than something the actor may pitch to the director and that is then blocked/framed accordingly, and is then used for all of the takes, unless otherwise directed.
          Just to be clear, adlibbing in television cannot really be the same as it is for theater. So, if an actor “adlibs” or does something that wasn’t written on the page, that’s only after discussing it with their fellow actor(s) and then with the director for approval, who may discuss it with the ep’s writer, the camera team and, if necessary, the showrunner.
          For instance, until I read/hear otherwise, I think that famous Castle butt slap in one of last seasons’ episodes was NOT scripted. I believe it was pitched, and the director/camera team prepped the shot accordingly. The same could be said for the infamous Castle-Gates scene from tonight’s episode, but maybe it was indeed scripted. (I’d be surprised if it was.)
          All that to say, the little things, like touching, which don’t require the camera team to prep for inserts (close-up shots) or coverage, are pretty much on the actor. Unless scripted or directed, they choose how much or how little they physically interact with their co-stars on the more minute, intimate level that fans have been asking for over the last few years.
          A script is unlikely to say super specific stuff like, “Castle gently places his hand at a 30-degree angle on X” or “Beckett softly wraps her arms around Y,” unless it’s absolutely necessary to telling the story or closing out the scene. Beckett laying on Castle’s chest at the end there was very likely scripted, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the writers sometimes leave those movements open for the director to play around with on-set. Or, even better, for the actors to decide “in the moment.”
          So, yeah… That’s all I’ve gotta say about that. :-)

• lkh says:

I hear you and you clearly are more familiar…, however, I’ve heard several actors say that the director asks for ____ and they decided to play it ____. I’m not saying they get away with it. Maybe we’re agreeing and I’m not smart enough to recognize it. Yeah, her expressions belong to her alone.

• lkh says:

ps at the end of ep 1, season 1, lots of stuff in that alley was adlibbed by Castle–maybe not lots. True?

• TacoB says:

Perhaps it wouldn’t be such a bad idea if the script was super specific on stuff like how physically interact with their co-star. Some people need instructions to operate.

• Just one thing says:

Lkh, I had a response for you, but it got eaten. Maybe it’s waiting for approval by Mr. Mitovich…

• Kristine says:

They ARE awkward.

• S. says:

Well it’s on purpose. The characters are being awkward, not the actors. Rick obviously would be still in ‘my wedding was just about to happen’ mode because as far as he was concerned, he just got out of that accident. He’s probably pretty disappointed that she can’t just turn around and get married, but she’s right, he’s got issues and he needs to re-establish his life. Besides which, it takes a little time to re-plan stuff. They did lose deposits. If they keep it low key, it can be intimate, she has time to do little things like get her dress cleaned, re-book a honeymoon, whatever. Castle gets to let things sink in a bit. It’ll all be fine. Also, a month puts us in November sweeps so no harm no foul on pushing it a month, eh Kate? ;)

• lkh says:

you’re probably on to something with the November sweeps. don’t think that dress is in the picture anymore, probably going to be a very private, quiet wedding.

• kb says:

I agree. I don’t think it will be the 300 ppl they had set for the 1st wedding… I’m hoping it’s still the normal wedding with flowers and a pretty venue (I loved how they had it set up at the hamptons)… I’m not sure about the dress either though, she seemed to like the idea of her mom’s dress and it can easily be cleaned! Everyone was thinking the wedding would be in episode 4 but by the pics that have been released its not… castle isn’t wearing a ring but I guess it could be done after thepart of the pics…. i think it will take place on the last episode before winter break!

• Maybe they are as fed up with the writers dragging out the marriage thing as we are. I’m not saying that the characters aren’t in an awkward situation, and the actors are conveying that.

I’m just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if they broke the fourth wall, turned to the camera, and said “I really wish they hadn’t brought up our getting married if they were going to go to these lengths to keep it from happening.”

It wouldn’t surprise me if there are outtakes that sound just like that.

• Just one thing says:

Any actor who does that sort of thing isn’t likely to last long in the industry. So I’d have to respectfully disagree with your assessment. Considering they seem like the type who enjoy the classification of “working actor.”

• Fran says:

Um yeah, not a chance.

• tahina45 says:

I don’t see the actor, but the character of Rick acting weird at the end of this scene, like he is worried or something deeper and why he won’t tell Kate?

• lkh says:

thank you–you got my point. I think he is acting very strangely, even for someone who has gone thru what he has.

• rowan77 says:

Really? You know someone who was kidnapped, shot, exposed to Dengue fever and then lost his memory after (or before) being set adrift in the ocean on a rowboat (two months later) while unconscious? That’s amazing! How did they behave?

• noodle says:

I agree with you. I fact I mentioned this to my husband as we were watching it. And Kourt totally misinterpreted what you wrote. You weren’t complaining.

• rowan77 says:

He’s supposed to be acting weird. That’s the whole point of why she won’t marry him right now. Things between them are weird and their world has been rocked by what happened.

• kb says:

Of course he’s acting weird… He’s confused on what he done/saw for 2 nonths… i think nathan’s doing an awesome job playing his role….

2. Alex says:

Well that was cute. But I don’t get how two great actors like this can be this bad to every physical contact.

3. Kristine says:

Yawn.

4. TacoB says:

I wished for once Castle acted like he’s into Beckett, just once, that’s not much to ask

5. Tran says:

Where does Season Seven of Castle go from here? I wouldn’t mind that if I was on an episode of Castle, I will crash the wedding.

6. Just one thing says:

Has ABC sent a sneak peek that’s the final scene of an episode before? Strange choice.

7. Allie says:

So, we all agree they are getting married in 7×6, right?

8. matthew says:

It didn’t like he knew her. He was like blank. He looked out of it .

9. BetiSA says:

I am not sure if he is Castle.

10. Teri says:

I do agree with this ‘wait a bit for the wedding’ there is some healing and understanding to be done before It feels right. When it is right, OMG! I will die.

11. terri says:

I agree, if you don’t enjoy the show, the acting, storyline, etc…….change the channel

12. skrable2 says:

Hey, maybe they can keep finding ways to delay the wedding through the entire season! Then we can learn about honeymoon destinations, dresses, their song, wedding venues, guest lists, whether Ryan or Espo will be best man …

… oh

13. I hope we are not seeing the beginning of the end of this show. If they use the plot that Kate is already married,it is a copy cat of episodes of Bones. I just hope they do not drag this story line out for long. They had a huge hit so why mess it up. Shades of the Mentalist :(

14. Leticia says:

I love this show, and the first 2 episodes we’re probably the best I,ve seen, but it’s time for the writers to stop playing Hollywood, and let them get married already. It’s being dragged out too long now. And being typical. Ie: “the closer” Brenda and Fritz, they set a date for their wedding, the writers stuck to it and they got married; their lives turn out just fine. Now it’s time for Rick and Kate

15. lame says:

Do you people actually believe that entire episodes are filmed like a stage play? To bitch about an actors performance is idiotic. Every scene, every facial expression, the cadence of words they speak are chosen by the director and the editor after a half dozen different takes of each and every scene.
    You people are barking up the wrong tree! You want to crucify someone, try the director followed by the editor. They have the final say on what the end product looks like.
    The statements made about the actors abilities are made by people who haven’t a clue.

16. Tasneem Jaftha says:

I think Beckett is iching to say I do because they never even kissed in Season 7.Or maybe the other way around

17. Manuel Schuster says:

My dad and enjoyed watching DRIVEN and MONTRAL. The episodes are in our opinion exciting. We also liked tje acting of Stana Katic, Nathan Fillion and all the others. i don´t understand why some poeple are complaining. So, we are looking Forward to the next eoisodes.
    Many greetigs from Cologne / Germany by Manuel Schuster

18. TS says:

I don’t know about his acting or what. But it’s definitely clear there’s a lack of chemistry between Kate and Rick. The fire isn’t there. The banter is missing.

19. acurat says:

So this is the writers way to delay it further. The ratings will indicate if they are successful or not. The ratings fell 10% after episode 1 so I hope they stablize soon.

20. Fran Carhidi says:

have not missed on show of castle. sure wish their would get married and not on the last show. sure would like to see a baby on the last show or close to the last show. don’t know what I will do on Monday nights at 10.oo oclock. I even watch reruns on the cable channels. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO MAKE THE SHOW WHAT IT TURNED OU TO BE/