Ratings: Amazing Race and Five-0 Tick Up, Last Man Premiere Down

Ka Makuakane (Family Man)

CBS’ Amazing Race picked up the pace some in Week 2, drawing 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating — up 12 percent and a tenth from its premiere.

Leading out of that, Hawaii Five-0 (9.7 mil/1.3) inched up 8 percent and a tenth, while Blue Bloods (10.7 mil/1.2) was steady.

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing returned to 6.6 mil and a 1.3, up a tenth from its April finale’s demo rating but down 13 percent from its Season 3 premiere. Shark Tank (7.1 mil/1.9) was flat.

Returning to their Friday homes, The CW’s Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1.3 mil/0.4) was down a tenth from its previous, Monday outing, while America’s Next Top Model (1.14 mil/0.4) ticked up a tenth.

Fox’s Utopia (1.8 mil/0.6) slipped a tenth.

Shark Tank led the night in the demo, Blue Bloods drew the largest audience.

NEXT FRIDAY: ABC’s Cristela premieres.

1. Moment says:

I’ll take that 1.2, its not amazing but its roughly on the same level as two much more expensive CBS shows airing on the same night, that will mean something.

2. mike says:

awsome about Five-0 this season is of to a awesome start and findaly it looks like Danno have a storyline

3. dan says:

So far this season of TAR has been great! I’m still trying to figure out everybody’s name, but I’ve liked the challenges and the pace of the show seems to be faster. I like seeing Phil introducing challenges while the racers are running behind him. I miss watching on Sunday night, but thanks to DVR I’m ok with it being on Friday.

• Moment says:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Madam Secretary and TAR swapped at some point. Madam is better suited for Friday and could thrive there. It appeals to the same older demographic that view Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0.

• Ron says:

I really don’t see them swapping any time soon. Even though I don’t watch Madam Secretary and I LOVE The Good Wife, I feel like Madam Secretary pairs better with TGW than TAR (which I also love). Unless Madam Secretary really starts to just fall off ratings wise (which I don’t necessarily anticipate), I think it has a solid home on Sundays for awhile.

• Moment says:

Madam hasn’t done anything for The Good Wifes 18-49, if anything its slightly worse than last seasons. Last year TGW pulled a 1.6 with TAR pulling a 2.4 granted it was inflated by Football but on a recent football night, TGW pulled a 1.4 paired with Madam. It’s doing worse with a much older skewing lead in like Madam. With Madam in the 8pm slot CBS Sundays are drawing a much older crowd, as evident by the 1.4 with 12.7 million viewers. Madam won’t last for a ‘while’. If anything CBS are doing poorer this season with it there in the 18-49.

• Ray says:

The upside of having TAR on Friday’s is that the show isn’t delayed and you can just set your DVR to record normally.

Why is Utopia still on the air? Is FOX to embarrassed they made a major miscalculation with that show? Perhaps if it had actually been as described…

• Moment says:

You’re right, I would be genuinely shocked to see Utopia still on the air by Christmas. I’m sure people won’t be surprised to come on here one day to see news that it has been put out of its misery.

4. Kar says:

TAR’s DVR ratings is probably through the roof.

5. Jason says:

I’m located in Charleston, SC and I have DirecTV. For some reason my tv guide for ABC doesn’t show the current lineup of shows. The actual program showing doesn’t match what is in the tv guide so Last Man Standing didn’t record Friday night on my DVR. I think this could explain the drop for all of ABC shows

6. sarah j says: