Mistresses: 22 Actresses Who Could Fill Alyssa Milano's Louboutins

mistresses-replacements

The thought of Mistresses without Alyssa Milano’s Savi seems as inconceivable as Maison Sur Mer without high-end scented candles.

And yet, that’ll be the reality facing ABC’s tawdrylicious soap when it returns for Season 3 next summer. Indeed, Milano — the biggest name among the show’s fierce four-woman ensemble — announced she’ll exit the show to avoid uprooting her family when production moves from Los Angeles to Vancouver in 2015.

RELATED Read Alyssa Milano’s Full Explanation for Exiting Mistresses Season 3

Are we heartbroken? Of course — especially since the last time we saw her, Savi was about to stumble across her ex-husband and her little sister in a torrid, beachside embrace. (As Aaliyah once sang, “We need a resolution. We have so much confusion.“)

Nevertheless, a source confirms to TVLine that the role of Savi will not be recast — but that the show will introduce a new mistress to fill the void. And to that end, we’ve come up with a list of 21 actresses we think would be able to nail the show’s mix of sexy intrigue, witty zingers and “yes, more please!” fashion.

So click through the gallery below for our picks, then share your own casting ideas in the comments!

1. fernando933 says:

I haven’t seen Lindsey Price on TV in a while I would love to see her again so maybe in this

2. dude says:

I think you hit the nail on the head with Charisma Carpenter. Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eva Longoria, Leighton Meester and Malin Akerman would all be fun but I feel like they can do better.

3. me says:

charisma carpenter is a great choice

4. Steven says:

I think it would be hilarious if they hired Rose McGowan or if Shannen Doherty took over.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Hmmm, not familiar with most of those faces but definitely do not want to see Sarah Michelle Gellar or AnnaLynne McCord. Especially not the latter.

6. Fran says:

I don’t watch this show but if Tiffani Thiessen were in it, I would. I loved her on 90210. I think she would do a good job.

7. Arie says:

I really want Jennifer Esposito!

8. How about Cote de Pablo? She’s filming “The Dovekeepers” right now but I think she’d be a good fit for the show and it would be great seeing her in something so totally different than Ziva David.

9. William says:

Have the producers even considered the thought of continuing the show as a trio – Girlfriends style? I don’t like the idea of a new person entering the circle because it comes off as contrived. Suddenly we’re expected to believe that a new face could just blend into the scene unnoticed? You can’t replicate the dynamic between the four women, so I feel like it would be best for them to pick up the story with just the three of them.

10. chadcronin says:

None. And I find this post offensive as she just announced why she is leaving and you already are fantasizing about replacements. Um, no. How about posting about how the studio should keep filming in LA and keep her. That’s the only way this works out well. Otherwise, just end the show. The end.

• Julie says:

It’s an ensemble cast. Granted she’s the lead but with the right addition, another names actress could help carry it. Most likely they’re moving due to rising production costs so I’m sure they’ve already considered staying in L.A. in order to keep her and figured in order to stay on the air production had to move. Not offensive at all..television is a business. TVLine didn’t do anything that any other entertainment site wouldn’t have done as well.

• chadcronin says:

True, but it still doesn’t feel right. I don’t go to other sites for a reason. I just think they could have waited a week or so. T.V. shows may be a business but they are supported by people who have a personal interest. My chances of watching the show have gone down by 75%. Unless I hear of some amazing turn around then I might give up. I’m tired of companies taking work away from americans to save a buck. Out of all those people only Charisma Carpenter was a name I’d consider watching still for, but might as well be another show as my favorite aspects of it are now gone.

11. Abby says:

So basically…all 90s/00s-era TV stars that need a show right now, and then some. I appreciate the attention paid to actresses of colour, though we all know a replacement for Alyssa would probably be white. If only the networks paid more attention to you, TVLine!

12. M says:

I would love to see Rebecca Mader Naya Rivera or Kim Catrall… Eva too busy… No to all the others

13. Parker says:

Megan Hilty is on every list TVline ever has, isn’t she?^^

14. Tran says:

Toss up between SMG and Tiffani Thiessen

15. Nerdbot says:

I think she should return at least in the season premiere to say her goodbyes and then go away. I know she chose her family over her work, but I don’t think it’d be so hard to go to Canada to shoot just one episode. As for the replacement, I’m not sure. I mean, the biggest star was Alyssa Milano even though I thought Joss was the best character. I don’t think it’d be a good idea to fill the space left by Milano. They should focus on the remaining three characters instead of adding a fourth one. Now, if they’re really into introducing a new character, they should get another Charmed actress, like Holly Marie Combs.

16. Selma says:

When someone writes an article he/she retains the idea of a user in his/her
    brain that how a user can be aware of it. So that’s why this piece of writing is amazing.

Thanks!

17. MJ says:

Charisma Carpenter…YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    I so need her on my TV.

18. Julie says:

I could definitely see Lindsay Price on this show but I’d rather have Tiffany Theissen. Loved her on White Collar.

19. Ashbash says:

Charisma Carpenter is a great choice and she favors Alyssa Milano and the actress that plays Joss so she could be introduced as a relative of Joss and Savi.

20. GeoDiva says:

Charisma would be perfect. I also like Naya.

21. BrianR says:

Many of the actresses mentioned may have the same moving problem. Its going to be cold in Vancouver soon.

• Dude says:

Like every show is filmed in Vancouver so most actors are probably in the wrong business if that’s a deal breaker. Also Vancouver isn’t that cold.

22. Christian says:

The only choices I liked were Naya and SMG. Meh to the rest and hell no to Heather and Kim Cattrall. They’d fit in more on Hot in Cleveland than Mistresses.

• demi says:

I agree those choices were so bad! What was he thinking lol. Also Christina Aguilera? hahahahaha why not put in Lady Gaga then? Well my choices would be Kristin Bell or Jennifer Love but unfortunaltely one is pregnant and the other is in Criminal minds. Maybe Shiri Appely but idk…they need to get an actor who is cute but can bring out the sexy not an out and out sex bomb imo.

23. Isabella says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar! Get her now! Imagine the fans she has! Lindsay Price is cute but she was Victory Ford in Lipstick Jungle which was another girly show abt friends so I don’t want to see her in something similar! Besides her and Yunjin Kim hmmm

24. Mina says:

WTF Heather Locklear is as old as F**k, this is not a series for over 50s

25. Mina says:

Leighton Meester, Courtney Cox, Rebecca Mader, Eva Longria would be good replacements

26. Matt says:

I am loving some of these ideas to fill the void. Annalynne McCord, Leighton Meester, Megan Hilty! All would be terrific. I have to put my name in the bowl of Tiffani Theissen.

OK, maybe I’ll also put my name in the bowl fo Megan Hilty.

27. Eli says:

Heather Locklear and Courtney Coz look old and like plastic LOL. Those choices suck sorry! But the worst choice Michael was Kim Cathrall. Are u serious? The actress is nearing 60!!! She could be Joss’s MOTHER not a youngish sexy siren! I think the actress who played Joss mother in the show is younger than her man lol.

They need to get an actress who is between 35-42 since Alyssa is 41 and her character was 40. I am thinking Sophia Bush, Jenni Garth or Bethany Joy Galeotti! Please don’t bring in Shannen Doherty or any of the previous Charmed stars! SMG, Charisma Carpenter, Naya and Tiffinay Thiesen are ok. Also if they get Eva Longoria they have landed. If the show was not a hit before it definitely will become one but sadly Eva will never do this show LOL unless she doubles up also as an executive producer like she does in Devious Maids.

28. juls says:

You ruined the show moving it and losing Alyssa. Won’t be watching. You people always screw things up.

29. Ella says:

Charisma Carpenter, yes please!

30. LOL says:

This is really funny! Bring in Minka Kelly or Mandy Moore. Some of your choices cracked me up especially the oldies Heather Lockyear and Kim Cathrall rofl!

31. Jules says:

The only one I like on this list is Leighton Meester. What about introducing another character’s sister?? Like maybe Vanessa Williams as April’s sister?? They’d all know her from April so it wouldn’t be too hard to integrate her into the group. Or maybe Nicole Ari Parker??

32. Ram510 says:

I curious to see how they will start the season, it’s such a shock to have a major central character gone. This could give ABC a chance to sort of relaunch the show and maybe attract more viewers cause it’s an excellent show

33. Ram510 says:

Eva Longoria would be perfect!

• Rand says:

Yes. Eva Longoria is made for this.

I personally think the show will take a punch in the gut with Alyssa gone, since every other regulars on the show are connected to her (Karen, April, Joss, Dom, Harry). If she’s gone, then Dom and Harry will lose their purpose (Well, Harry can stick around for Joss but that’s gross.)

Other great suggestions: Rebecca Mader, Leighton Meester, Holly Marie Combs
      Very bad suggestions: Naya Rivera (girl has no drama chops) and Sarah MIchelle Gellar

34. Tamara says:

I gotta be honest – Savi was my least favorite person on the show. And she was hardly involved with anyone in the last season. Joss all the way!

35. SMG miss her on tv, other way the sweet Alexis Bledel would be soooooo perfect!

36. Nelly says:

Well there is no better choice over there than THE EVA LONGORIA. I mean the actor has like a cult following not to mention she has been associated with ABC for the longest time coz of Desperate housevives and is producing Devious maids on lifetime which is part of ABC studios so I will not be surprised if the studio is already in talks with her. Leighton Meester and Annalyne McCord are not ideal coz they are too young for this show. Anyone below 30 won’t work and anyone above 50 won’t cut it. So no Heather, Courtney and Kim please. Eva has the perfect combo of dramedy and an awesome figure! That being said I would like to see SMG bk on TV doing a different kind of a role. The other choices were meh.

37. Mika02 says:

Charisma, Jasika, Tiffani and that is all

38. Jennifer armento says:

I think it should be either chresma carpenter or tiffiny thissian those are the only two that are around the age all of them are or I would say Shannon dehurty or holy Marie Combs cause those are the other two that look more like Alyssa malono and they should have it be like another sister of theres of joss and savi or they should just leave it savie. They did it in charmed when Shannon dahurty left they brought in a half younger baby sister or bring in a half older sister that’s what they should do it worked for charmed for another 5 yrs I was bummed when charmed got cancelled I loved that show I didn’t like it at first after Shannon dahurty left but after a while rose magowen grew on me.

39. fitzytail89 says:

I doubt Sarah Michelle Gellar would take the role. She is against filming in Canada and a show like Mistresses is not her thing…

40. Bella says:

SMG won’t work. They need an actor who can balance the comedy and drama with ease. Right now I can see only Eva Longoria who can do that haha. But they could also get an up and coming new face! Just a thought. It is all in the writing at the end of the day. Look at devious maids? It doesn’t have any popular star but ppl watch coz of the interesting storyline with dashes of drama and humour. I would suggest introduce two new fresh faces not just one and don’t go for all the 90’s stars who are jobless right now LOL.

41. Sandrine says:

SMG, Tiffani Thiessen, and Charisma Carpenter are good choices. The others are either too young or too mature for the Mistresses group.

42. Victoria Logan says:

I agree with having holly Maria combs

43. Miranda says:

How about Noureen DeWulf ? She’s currently in the show ‘Anger Management’ but her husband is the goaltender for the Vancouver Canucks (NHL Hockey). Saves both of them from flying back and forth, and she could probably pull it off? Just thinking logistics?
    Or someone who could not replace the character of Savvy, but be a new character — a sister or cousin or something of one of the other girls.
    Also, a flight from LA to Vancouver is only 2 hours or so, I am sure Alyssa Milano can fly out to do her last episode no???
    Understand Alyssa’s decision, but at the end of the day the producers of the show decided to make this move.
    Just as lot of other ‘American’ shows/movies that are shot in Canada — Vancouver has, and always will/can stand in :-)

44. Britta Kristiansen says:

You clearly forgot to mention Lindsay Price. Would love her. And if not her, then Tiffani Thiessen!

45. I would like to see Tiffani Thiessen get the part. She was very good on white collar.

46. Steph says:

Personally, I think that they should recast a Latina! It would be a little feisty and it would make the plot a little better!

47. Jeep244 says:

I could get behind Charisma Carpenter or Tiffani Thiessen. I think Carla Gugino should have been included in the list, she would be fantastic on a show like this.