Exclusive

Parenthood First Look: Amber and Sarah Have a Serious Baby Talk

Parenthood Amber Pregnant

On the Season 6 premiere of Parenthood, Sarah wasn’t thrilled to learn she’s becoming a grandmother — and on this Thursday’s episode (NBC, 10/9c), it doesn’t seem like much has changed.

RELATED  Parenthood Season 6 Premiere Recap: What Happened in Vegas?

In the exclusive sneak peek below, Sarah sits down with Amber in hopes of letting the pregnancy news sink in. But when Amber reveals that Ryan isn’t aware he’s a daddy-to-be, things take a turn for the awkward — and Sarah finally admits how she really feels about her daughter’s current situation.

Press PLAY on the video below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Tran says:

Not so sure who’s the daddy of Amber’s baby. I’ll be surprised if it’s Ryan.

2. Ernesto says:

I really wish they hadn’t gone this direction with Amber! It’s just not a very believable storyline.

3. Bob says:

Won’t play??

4. Bob says:

Don’t like the turn toward promoting abortion. First her doctor now her Mom. Deleting this from my DVR

• Lyla says:

I wouldn’t say they’re “promoting” abortion, it’s obvious Amber is unsure. I’m sure she will end up keeping it. It would be a more believable story line than her getting into an “accident” and losing it

• MA says:

Amber is a 19 or 20-something unmarried kid who’s life is in chaos. It would completely unbelievable if she didn’t consider abortion. How about we tell good stories instead of constantly playing politics?

• timm says:

Wow a fictional character on a tv show talks to her daughter about her situation and you’re going to stop watching the show hahahaha and sarah barely even said that in the video.. even if she did there not real people so put your views aside jeez.

• Gabrielle says:

Yea I agree I wont stop watching. But first Amy now maybe Amber, why not promote adoption?

5. Linda says:

Can’t get it to play…but, anyway…for heaven’s sake tell Ryan! He has a right to know….and don’t even consider aborting that little one.

6. Kat says:

I really don’t like the turn this show is taking. What is with Sarah almost encouraging her daughter get an abortion? Amber was already excited about having a baby. Abortion shouldn’t even be a conversation.

7. Julie says:

The decision to keep the baby (or have an abortion) is real life for someone in Amber’s situation. There isn’t a single person I knew who was pregnant in their late teens/early 20s that didn’t think about the options – I am not say act on them, but at least think about them. That is why I love Parenthood because this is actually representative of discussions that take place in real life – if they didn’t have this decision play out for someone in Amber’s situation, it would be extremely fake!

• rozalyn hayden says:

Agree 100%. That is what is great about this show..the story lines are real life situations…pregnancy, cancer, illnesses, marital problems..ect…seeing/hearing these stories I m sure have helped many many people sort through similar problems…one of the reasons this show needs to go on….

8. tina says:

As per usual, outstanding acting & script. This has a “real” dynamic & I dread that this show will be coming to end after this season. Having “real” on the screen…helps “real people” with “real issues & cares/concerns & love…stay the course, knowing that things have a way of working out”.

9. Court says:

How many times do we have to see the same situation? Amber does something, Mother tries to tell her daughter in a ‘subtle’ way that she doesn’t approve, Amber gets offended, they fight, they make up.
    Amber shouldn’t be surprised that her mom thinks she’s too young, or not ready- I mean, it’s not like Amber herself even planned this. &how can she say she hasn’t told Ryan because she “just started telling people”? He should have been the FIRST one you told!
    I used to really like her, but ugh. She’s annoying now.
    You’re smarter than this, Amber. Act like it.

10. Gabrielle says:

I am surprised how Sarah is reacting. I guess I would of expected her to be more supportive.

11. sarah says:

i honestly think with ryan’s ptsd issues its better off that he isnt around or his uber controlling mother.

12. Regina says:

I’m not really sure how Sarah can be telling Amber not to keep the baby. Wasn’t Sarah fairly young when she had Amber?

13. The information is out there, and having worked in conventional medicine for 15 years I
    saw far too many people stay sick on prescription medication. The other one particular is named, The
    Zija XM3 Drink an energy drink which has organic caffeine, green tea
    and ginseng. “I look forward to this workout every morning but Sunday,” says Rachael, who adds that exercise has helped clear her
    mind.

14. Joey Padron says:

Good sneak peek clip. Can’t wait to watch new episode tomorroe night!

15. Joey Padron says:

Mean tomorrow. Not good talk Amber & Sarah had in the clip.

16. Colleen says:

It’s crazy how you can still give life and still have a life. It’s this new radical thing called adoption…and how could Sarah look at Amber, who is just like her, young and pregnant and alone and encourage her to get rid of it? That’s like telling Amber – I wish I got rid of you.

17. Susan Parker says:

I know Joel really blew it, but I dont think Julia will be any happier with that other guy; especially because they work together.

18. Kathleen says:

Could not of gave a better answer ,from a mother to a daughter. So honest and direct,love this show so much.

19. schu says:

Actually really impressed with Sarah’s character here. The Sarah/Amber dynamic, for has crazy of a roller coaster as the two have been as mother/daughter, really shows how great of an acted/written show this is, they truly know these characters and I honestly believed Amber’s response to her mother, so real and just adds to the incredibleness of this show.

20. I know this web page offers quality dependent content and additional material, is there any other web page which offers these kinds of information in quality?