AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns

Clowns to the left of me… MORE CLOWNS to the right… here I am, stuck in the Freak Show with you…

RELATED AHS: Freak Show Reveals Two More Additions in Sizable New Teaser

We co-opt (and alter) your favorite Stealers Wheel jam to avoid discussing the feelings of collapse conjured up by American Horror Story: Freak Show‘s opening credits, which creator Ryan Murphy shared via Twitter today.

RELATED American Horror Story Pumps Up the Freak Factor in New Poster

Granted, the title sequence is not as overtly terrifying as the cackling voodoo lady and dancing hooded figures of Coven, but again…CLOWNS. Cracked and creepy clown figurines. Little stop-motion skeletons. A…lady? With… a third, booted leg? Coming out of her…

Oh, just press PLAY and share your thoughts!

1. Dennis says:

Incredible!

2. Joey says:

Like you said, Michael, these opening credits aren’t necessarily as scary as the credits from Coven, however, how scary the credits are isn’t necessarily a scale of how scary the show itself will be, as evidenced by Coven.

3. wow… they certainly have sent in the clowns…

4. Dani says:

It was well done artistically, but it had too much stop motion and cgi. Would have been creepier if they added more people. Coven is still my favourite intro.

5. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the futyre aand it’s time
    to be happy. I have read this post andd iff I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!

6. Znachki says:

Menacing clowns. Isn’t that redundant? btw – anyone remember the Gary Larson Far Side cartoon “When clowns go bad”. One of my favs.

7. behzadbyhimself says:

Not as scary Asylum or Coven’s titles, but I’m glad they finally added Angela Bassett’s name this time around.

8. Nate says:

So where is Gabby??

9. ew says:

Spoiler Alert: If you look closely after the title card at the end of the credits, a two-headed figure kisses its second head. Calling it now, Bette and Dot are lesbians.

10. pam says:

Oh boy…here we go again! This show has enthralled me since season 1. Keeps getting creepier every year. Can’t wait!

11. Victor says:

Honestos, I didn’t enjoy this opening scene one bit ! The happy little circus music in the background just made it weird ! There is a fan made opening scene on YouTube that is perfect and gave me nightmares lol