TVLine Items: SVU/Chicago Fire/PD Crossover, Alpha Return Date and More

Chicago Fire Crossover

NBC is plotting a threesome of epic proportions.

RELATED Chicago Fire Boss on Death Fallout, Ruined Romance and a Proposal

Law & Order: SVUChicago Fire and Chicago PD will all collide this November in a three-part event that will find the series’ teams coming together for a common purpose. It’ll begin with Fire (Nov. 11, 10/9c), then conclude with SVU (Nov. 12, 9 pm) and PD (Nov. 12, 10 pm).

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The 10-episode second season of Amazon’s Alpha House — starring John Goodman (Roseanne) and Mark Consuelos (All My Children), among others — will premiere Friday, Oct. 24. Season 2 guest stars include Bill Murray (Saturday Night Live), Penn Jillette (Penn & Teller’s Fool Us) and Andy Cohen (Watch What Happens Live).

* Supermodel Naomi Campbell has booked a recurring role on Fox’s upcoming hip-hop drama Empire, premiering in 2015. Campbell will play Camilla, a woman who becomes romantically involved with Hakeem (Bryshere Gray), the son of hip-hop mogul Lucious Lyon.

* Rappers Kid Cudi and Method Man will guest-star (and feud) on upcoming episode of CBS’ Scorpion, according to Entertainment Weekly. Kid Cudi will play musical prodigy Temple, while Method Man will play hip-hop manager Lucky the King.

1. torimelching says:

Can’t wait for season 2 of Alpha House. Will it be like last year 1 episode a week or will they drop them all?

• HAP says:

The funniest show on TV that almost no one watches! Maybe I didn’t start season one when it first came out, but it seems to me that all episodes were available.

2. Pia says:

The last SVU/Chicago PD crossover was useless. I watched the entire (graphically disturbing) episode of SVU but there was nothing about Chicago PD until the last five minutes when Lindsay showed up to asked a question and that was it.

3. Tran says:

A crossover with three shows: SVU, Chicago Fire & PD. That’s never happen before.

4. Sophod says:

I dont like it when they Crossover chicago PD/Fire and SVU. It doesnt make me interested in the other shows, most likely it makes me wanna skip an episode of Chicago PD.

5. I thought the headline said “Alphas” :(

6. sarah j says:

I really hope it is an actual cross over this time, I watched SVU last time when they had a crossover and Lindsay from Chicago PD was on for 2 seconds at the end!

7. Amanda From Michigan says:

I just love that he told us where Bill Murray is from. I might have said Bill Murray (legend). :)

8. shea mandalay says:

Well, since I just stopped watching Chicago Fire when they killed Shay, I don’t watch two out of three of the shows. I don’t like crossovers in general, it’s just a way to force viewers to watch other shows, rather than driven by the stories. Chicago Fire/PD actually made sense at least, seeing as PD is a spinoff that occurs in the same city and they’re all first responders with ties to each other who will be dealing with a lot of the same tragedies and crimes.

9. I’m an avid fan of SVU and I watch Chicago Fire from time to time, but I don’t know if I agree with the crossover with these 3. Chicago Fire and PD maybe, but even then, I think it’d be a lost cause. You have Chicago Fire fans that hate Chicago PD and vice versa. I think this is just a ratings ploy to get more people to watch Chicago PD since it’s the weaker of the current Dick Wolf trilogy.

Strictly my opinion but; SVU needs to be utilized as a way to spin-off another Law & Order series; not cross over into another world to boost ratings (When SVU/CPD crossed, the ratings were about average, no significant up rise). I think Criminal Minds (Oh God if that would ever happen) would be a better fit for the three if that was the case because legally (in the real world), if they were to work any kind of case and if a crime crossed state lines, the FBI would instantly be involved versus local police/fire officers.

I love SVU and CF but it seems Dick Wolf wants to mesh everything he’s spent 20 years building with NBC. The day NBC canceled Law & Order was the day Dick Wolf changed EVERYTHING with his relationship with NBC, to me. The only part of this I’ll watch will probably be the 2nd part involving SVU, it’s the one I have a devoted interest in most.

10. Anna says:

I, for one, am excited about the crossover. I don’t really watch SVU, but if we can get my main squeeze, Sophia Bush, kicking ass with Mariska Hargitay for a couple of hours, I really don’t see the harm. Plus, Fire/PD crossover means higher likelihood of Severide/Lindsay screentime.

11. Heya i am ffor the primary timne here. I found this board
    and I ffind It truly helpfl & it helped me out much. I
    hoope to present something back aand aid others such ass you helped me.