Exclusive

Bones Preview: Sweets Sends Daisy a Message From Beyond the Grave

Bones Kills Sweets

Bones fans, keep those tissues handy.

In the aftermath of Sweets’ tragic death, Team Jeffersonian discovers in this Thursday’s episode (8/7c, Fox) that their fallen colleague left behind several clues that could lead them to his attacker. Embedded in the intel? A message of sorts to Daisy about their unborn child.

RELATED Bones EP Reveals Why Sweets Had to Die

Press PLAY below and watch Bones rip your heart out again, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Should Daisy grant Sweets’ final wish?

1. Helen says:

*SOBS VIOLENTLY*
    This show never fails to surprise me or make me sob like a baby.

2. Tran says:

Sweets’ demise may or may not be the end for Bones. Could it go beyond a Season 11?

• Badpenny says:

Going beyond 10 would depend on ratings. Fox is not known for being sentimental or forgiving when the ratings are not to their liking.

• anon says:

Bones existed before Sweets and it will exist after it…the same way it existed when Goodman left and when Zack left…it has other beloved characters to watch for…and an amazing B&B love story…lets get perspective people…(he wasnt even that well liked until he died..lol, just read many Bones comments sections..ha keep it real)

• Elle says:

People act like shows haven’t gone on when cast members have left (oh, yes, I understand there is the vice versa too) … BONES will end because it is an aging show fighting for ratings and/or because it has gotten too expensive to produce. Sweets fans, or at least hardcore John Daley fans, probably will not blame the writers for his demise. He is a young man with a budding film career. I haven’t always been the biggest fan of Sweets, but I’m glad the writers wrote him an exit which would shake up the characters in a profound way. Good luck to John, and I’m sure I’ll be a bit teary-eyed during this week’s eppy.

• A says:

Yep there are many reasons why it could be the last season and many reasons why it could go on until S15! Aging show, too expensive, leads dont resign etc.. or it stays a steady rating, the leads resign and the other fox shows dont get traction…its not the end of the world as some hardcore jfd/sweets fans would have you believe…life goes on…other tv shows characters die ALL OF TIME, i dread to think how some Bones fans would deal if they watched Greys or The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones…i mean HERSHAL!! :P

• It’s already been announced that this is the last season for Bones.

3. Shellie says:

So sad cried cried cried over losing Sweets. I have loved his character with booth. I will miss him….

4. SR Dewees says:

Daisy is heartbroken and it’s extremely hard to watch. The pain she’s enduring now will be nurtured by the Jeffersonian team, family…If Sweets had lived, I can see them naming the baby after Booth..and she still could but call him Lance after his father.. Lance Seeley.. I don’t know. It has a nice ring to it..Its hard to make a judgement call after a loved one dies… I’m excited for her and her future…and look forward to seeing how this plays out!

5. Olivia says:

“This content is currently unavailable” THAT makes me cry.

• Doris says:

LOL! THAT is a hilarious comment! If you’re in Canada, (like me), that could be the reason. For me not being able to see it is a blessing, since I’m trying to avoid sneak peeks.

• There’s a browser extension for Google Chrome called “Hola Unblocker” that lets you see things not available in your country, all you have to do is download it and change your country ti United States. It worked for me (I live in Australia).

• Ana says:

Right… here at Portugal can’t see… either. :(

6. Connie says:

This episode looks like it will be even sadder than the premier!!1 Ten seasons in and it can still tear my insides out!

7. Kat says:

And again I can’t watch it. Thanks for that, TV-line. thanks very much.

8. PacIsleRocks says:

I think that I am the only one who wasn’t fond of Booth. He seem frequently condescending towards Sweets. I wanted to slap Booth whenever he acted superior to Sweets which was often. Sweets,Kam and the Squints are the reasons I have watched the show in the last couple of years. Sweets was sweet. So, No, I hope she doesn’t name him after Booth. Booth was at times nasty towards her as well. Name the boy after Sweets. Now that Sweets is gone, I will not be watching Bones as I have lost interest in it’s stories.

• TV God says:

Then why do you care what she names the baby if you won’t be watching?

• hopityhopp says:

Booth acted the way he did because why? Sweets was very very young, the age different could make Booth Sweets’ father. And also, Sweets look up to Booth, he’s the next parental figure Sweets had after his foster parents died. Sometimes, you gotta look pass the surface to see the message.

• Abc says:

Uummmm what is wrong with you? Booth is a perfect man.

9. joe says:

If only there was someone who could find anything even the location of Sweet’s attacker. Too bad this person doesn’t exist.

10. Luis says:

Sweets always worshiped Booth while still being able to provide him with much-needed perspective and the ability to break through Booth’s armored shell of a personality. Not surprising he would want to name his baby Seeley. Still has me at my desk sobbing.Damn you Ausiello!

11. Gee, I dunno….Lance Seeley has kind of a nice ring to it.

12. Canuck 703 says:

“This content is currently unavailable”

13. I’m happy for John Daley and so glad he is having success, but honestly, without Sweets, Daisy is intolerable, so I just don’t know if I care that much about her grief.

14. OMG … tear my heart out with a dull spoon why don’t ya. (((wipes huge sobbing tears))) *sigh* just sucks he was one of my fav characters. so going to miss you Sweets!

15. iraida martinez says:

Thinking of daisy and the baby.

16. andrea says:

I’m just heartbroken, i know its just tv, but…. omg… Zach, Vincent, Wendel, and now THIS…. It was too much.

17. O'Brien says:

I knew it had to be that, but actually seeing it…why must you kill me, Show?

18. Nicole says:

I think it will me a combination of Lance and Seeley that way no one is disappointed

19. raylene says:

Yes! Daisy should grant Sweets last wish, name the baby Seeley!

20. Ellen Carle says:

yes , Daisy should respect Lance ‘ s wish

21. I don’t think Sweet death has nothing to do with the show. It can and will live on pass his death so sad that happen to sweets one of the nices person’s on the show, He’ll be miss from all around the world.

22. Marianne says:

ABSOLUTELY!!

23. Trish says:

Oh I hope she does name the baby Seeley!!! It will be another tear jerker moment for me but I love love love the show so much.

24. care says:

Oh my gawd ughhhhhhhhhhhh I hateee this show… but i love it soooo much… whhhyyyy sweeeeettsss noooooo

25. Ashley Edmund says:

All I’m going to say is that if they knew they were killing off Sweets, they shouldn’t have made Daisy pregnant. It just seems cruel to introduce that and then just say. ‘Oh just kidding, the kid is going to have the same upbringing as Sweets.’ I still love Bones and always will, but I don’t like how they came through with that.

26. Paul says:

Yes! I really do think Daisy should do Sweet’s final wish! It would be nice and a very great thing!

27. Jo says:

I can never view these videos! It’s very frustrating. Bones is my favorite and the BEST show on TV .

28. Bobbie says:

Daisy should honor Sweets wishes. I wish they hadn’t killed off Sweets. I diminishes the show.

29. Judy says:

Can;t believe they killed off Sweets, he’s one of the best ones on the show. I keep hoping that it’s a hoax and he’ll be back. Thought it was strange that no one was crying, so that is giving me hope.

30. Jake says:

“Seeley” is only a good name if you’re running a mattress company. Seriously, what a stupid name, never understood why the writers named Booth’s character that.

31. Beth says:

This has to be one of the most honest shows on television. There is a deep connection between the actors. They have complimented the writer and Kathy Reich. Keep up the great work. It is just a television show, but has real life adventure. Thank you. I have watched it from the beginning. Great work.

32. lisa says:

i hope she does name the baby after booth

33. Emma says:

If I were her I would grant his last wish, it is one way to honor him. I love this show and hope it goes on for a long time. Too many shows coming out that are not appealing at all!!!!

34. Deniece May says:

YEs, Daisy should honor Sweets wishes. “Little Seely”

35. Sweets death is a tear-jerker for sure. Hate to see him go, but more power to the actor behind the character…headed for bigger things! I see a couple of negative remarks about Daisy. Hey, lighten up! When she started on the show she was a genius kid…just barely not a bubble-gum teenager. Grating on the nerves with her bubble-headed youth and lack of tack. The writers have allowed her to grow and mature, she’s great now! Even then, the immaturity added life to the sedate scientists. Hope they allow her to keep some of her klutzy spontaneity. The most horrifying comments I read are those concerning the possibility of the show ending. The thought is…bone-chilling! Nononononononoooooooooooooooooooo!!! This and NCIS are really the only two tv shows worth watching!!!

36. Diane says:

Big mistake killing off Sweets. He’s a majority of the reason I watched Bones. Can’t you bring him back (stranger things have happened)? Besides, that last shot of him in the casket didn’t really look like him, anyway. I really don’t care to watch the series any longer.

37. I really liked sweets. He will b missed!

38. Ko says:

The one constant in life is change! Good luck John! We will always miss Sweets!!!!

39. Beachy says:

Loved Sweets. So Sad. Too bad he had to go. He will be sorely missed. Such a good actor and character. The show will be less of a show!

40. Gail Hall says:

Omgosh! I missed this show so watched on Demand tonight. I sat here crying like a baby. Sweets looks just like my hubby did when he was young, so it was horrible watching him die!
    My hubby and I always joked about getting in touch with John Francis Daley to tell him they MUST be brothers! I am going to miss this character terribly. 😥

41. Desiree West says:

It would only seem fitting that Daisy name their baby after the man whom Sweets embraced in every way possible. Yes! Do it!

42. kris says:

whoever the guy is that said cam was one of the only reason he still watches the show is a fool,she is the one they should have killed off. i havent been able to stand her for at least 3-4 seasons. she is an intolerable character who is only only willing to bend the rules when it benefits her. no one is allowed to have kids in the lab but her right?or when she just had to fire wendell. are we suppose to believe that when she had her credit stolen that she would have actually been able to keep her job? she needs some serious security clearance to work in that lab, that she would have lost immediately due to her bad credit. i know wendell got to stick around but this string of events really angered me.she really adds nothing to the show. and sweets was the man, he was one of my favorite characters for sure, and like everyone else i am now feeling like i dont care about the show anymore, and i watched all of them in a 1 month period. i dont understand why sweets couldnt have taken a hiatus with daisy after the baby was born and return to the show after his film finished shooting. poor decision FOX, and another one is cancelling almost human, that was a great show. and now we are left with crap like castle and stupid dancing shows.the good shows are always cancelled and the crap is left on tv. this decision will be the death of the show, maybe not right away but fans are leaving the show as we speak. if they do kill wendell off or hodgins then i will for sure be through. people connect with characters and when you get rid of them for such a trivial reason as he wants to direct a film is unacceptable. long live sweets

43. DonnaSue Hatchel says:

Im upset that sweets died why

44. Karen Adam says:

I have been watching Bones from day one and quite frankly I am done. You could have done something to bring Sweets back after the 4 months. you didn’t kill off Zack and you didn’t replace him with a look a like like you are doing with sweets. What were you thinking? Poor planing on your part.

45. B says:

Sweets was a beloved character. He was like Bones and Booth’s kid. He was a part of their family I cried like a baby when he died and during his memorial and him wanting to name his kid after Booth and wanting Booth to be the God father omg the feelings

46. Jess says:

It’s so hard to belive that’s he is actually dead!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

47. Yes, that would be perfect! (or @ the very least as a middle name). He thot so much of Booth…I can’t believe that the “powers that be” really thot this was THE only conclusion for him wanting 4 mos off. Never mind solutions in the past like someone being in a coma, or kidnapped which has happened for an actor who wanted to do Broadway, etc. & to say that this is what I the viewer would prefer is just wrong! So yes I have to accept it–do I have a choice?! But I will really miss you, Sweets! & good luck to all your future endeavors. Who knows, maybe someday you’ll be in a position where they will want something, &….well, that will be up to you!

48. Ip Chum says:

Great idea Daisy. It will help you keep Sweets in your heart forever!