Exclusive

Outlander Finale Sneak Peek: Claire Holds Angus at Knifepoint!

outlander_fight_clip_620

Now that Outlander‘s Claire has become an official Highlander, it’s time for her to learn how to defend herself. In this exclusive clip from Saturday’s midseason finale (Starz, 9/8c), that’s where Angus comes in.

As Jamie and the rest of Dougal’s gang watch, Claire’s former guard instructs her on the finer points of using a sgian dubh, or small knife. And she’s a quick study — perhaps a little too quick for Angus’ tastes.

RELATED Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night

Elsewhere in the episode, according to the network’s official synopsis, “Claire is faced with an emotional quandary as a life-altering opportunity presents itself” and back in the 20th century, “Frank desperately searches for his missing wife.”

Press PLAY on the video at the top of the post to watch Claire wield her wee blade.

1. Jay2014 says:

I am a bit behind due to an influx of coursework; when is the show coming back?

2. Saving Grace says:

i believe the “small knife” is called a sgian dhu- dubh means black.

• wordsmith says:

I’ve never actually seen it spelled out, only spoken, so I had to look it up.
      Apparently, in this case the “dubh” means “hidden” rather than “black,” as in “concealed knife”.

3. Alichat says:

I really do enjoy the Rupert and Angus banter. Quite hysterical!

4. Miss O'Ginny says:

Err, isn’t she a trained army nurse? Surely she’s had basic training unless she’s faking it to appear more like a woman of the period. Aww.. look at Angus getting all touchy feel with her!

• BarbaraJ says:

That would be a good question for a Royal Army Nurse from WW2 to answer. I know how to access some US Army nurses but not Royal Army.

5. Pati says:

I can’t believe will have to wait 7 months for the show to be back, 8 episodes is a really short run. Loving the show love the actors they are doing a great job and last week omg

6. Nancy M. Daniel says:

The writers have done an amazing job with the dialogue. And I’ve really enjoyed the selection of the characters…very well done! This is one of my favorite serial books…I hope Startz continues this series for many years! (AND glad to hear Diana is on the set to keep it “real”!)