Devious Maids Renewed for Season 3

Devious Maids Season 3 Renewal

Lifetime isn’t ready to wash its hands of Devious Maids: The cable net has renewed Marc Cherry’s frothy soap for a 13-episode third season, TVLine has learned.

RELATED Devious Maids Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Zoila’s Twist, the Big Return and More

“We are thrilled to be bringing Devious Maids back for another season,” says Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime. “Marc Cherry has created a uniquely twisted world that blends his comic wit with devilishly ingenious characters and plot twists.”

The sudser wrapped its second season back in July with Rosie’s wedding to Spence, Nick’s shocking confession about the Powells’ son, Zoila’s surprise pregnancy and, of course, a gunshot heard ’round Beverly Hills.

“We’ve heard scenarios [from the writers] in which literally everyone is shot — except Rosie, because that wouldn’t work well with [the return of her husband],” executive producer Sabrina Wind told TVLine of the cliffhanger. “In all truth, we’ve gone through almost every series regular and guest stars, and there are a lot of cool stories to be told.”

TVLine’s handy Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated with Maids‘ pickup. Look for the show to return in Spring 2015.

1. Knope says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mari johnson says:

It is definitely a guilty pleasure watch. Susan Lucci is excellent on that show.

3. Katie says:

It’s about time!!

4. GeoDiva says:

My summer fun is back!

5. Brandy says:

I’m glad.Now if Lifetime would also renew Witches,that’d be prefect.What are Witches renewal chances?I see Deadline says Lottery isn’t expected back.

6. Brandy says:

I hope Marc Cherry having lesser role as showrunner dosent hurt the show creatively .

7. cal2422 says:

Wonderful news. Love Devious Maids. Better then any Soap on TV. I even think I like it better then desperate H.W. It is very slick & entertaining.

8. M. says:

Yay! Love the show!

9. Kalee says:

Phew. This show is feeling underrated for its dramedy caliber. It’s basically Desperate Housewives at its best with Lifetime ratings.

And hope they don’t do something stupid like Bones and Chicago Fire and kill off a major player in the premiere…. Basically all the ladies are too crucial and fun to mess around with.

10. So glad for the renewal of Devious Maids. It also allows me to have my Susan Lucci fix.

11. BrittBrat says:

Great news!

12. Lee says:

Woo hoo! This just made my day.

13. cdhaskell says:

I am so happy and glad that Devious Maids got renewed for the third season. Susan Lucci is perfect on the show. I can’t wait to see what will happened in the three season.

14. Christy says:

Finally! So glad this show will be back. Love Susan Lucci too. She’s terrific as Genevieve!

15. Erica says:

Very excited to hear! Thanks Lifetime!

• Jack says:

This is great news. This is such a fun guilty pleasure show. Not familiar with the actors that much but Genevieve and Evelyn really make the show – who would think a good girl like Genevieve could be so fun. The maids are intriguing but I hope we will see more of evil Evelyn and crazy Genevieve.

16. Charmaine Stacey says:

Love, love, love Devious Maids. Can’t wait for it to start again.

17. jm says:

yesterday, i was thinking if it will be renewed. Fantástica Noticia!

18. EdnaM says:

Finally!! Love this show….so funny and sexy!

19. Well… I’m happy because it’s a breezey-summer show, but truth is the maids themselves are not as interesting as Genevieve or the Powels… Valentina is the only interesting maid this far… Marisol was interesting in season 1, but not now. Rosie is annoying as hell and the other two are just there…

20. TinLV says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

21. Television says:

yes great news

22. I am so glad that Lifetime renewed. Kudos to you Lifetime.

23. Sue Harward says:

It is my guilty pleasure too, for sure. Not too light, not too dark. Please show DM re runs in the off season. My DVR gets too full of other stuff. Thanks

24. Denise says:

Glad Devious Maids was renewed for Season 3. Now if Dallas is renewed it will be GREAT!

25. Trevor Tomczak says:

Thank you so much gor renewing this shown I love it so much. I don’t even normally like these type of shows but I couldn’t wait each week for the next episode. Please dont ever cancel this show Lifetime!!!!!

26. David Reeves says:

Good show but we old folks tend to forget what happened and to whom by the time the new season rolls around. But anyway….um..uh…what was I talking about?

27. Briana says:

I was so afraid they were going to cancel it. I LOVE THIS SHOW! Cant wait to find out what happens next.

28. luv2cook says:

FINALLY !!! I was getting more than a little worried. I love this little show and the characters. Thanks for a 3rd season Lifetime. =)

29. trini says:

I’m really really really really really happy its coming back 4 a 3rd season can’t wait yess

30. beverlyne says:

cant wait for what will be the powels revenge plan….and can’t wait to watch the beautiful valentina and her dramatic boyfriends. ..!!!!!

31. Christina says:

Can’t wait love devious maids

32. Susanne says:

love Devious Maids cannot wait for it to return!!!!! Who got shot? The suspense is killing me. If Mr. Spence dies after all him and Rosie have been thru I will be very upset. They deserve to be happy. So does Zoila stay with the hottie your husband betrayed you and now that the mistress kicked him to the curb he wants her back. Uh no sorry doesn’t work that way (I hope).

33. Kristine says:

This is epic! I love devious maids

34. kayla says:

man I love this show but i hated that witches of east got cancel those other boring shows like prison club wife’s need to be cancel why do they cancel the show with out closure I need to know what happens.

35. paula says:

I am extremely excited. It has become my favorite show!!! Yay!!

36. Cindy Conley says:

Looking forward to season 3, I’m in Italy watching on Apple TV. Please remind me next spring.
    Can’t wait to see the punishment for the bad grandson.

37. kay shine says:

2015 is such a long time to see what happens next, but very excited to hear the season will continue.

38. Carlita says:

So glad you are bringing this show back for another season. It is a breath of fresh air, so different from all the same-o shows that are like word processes novels. It’s a great show. Thanks.

39. Lola says:

OMG!!!! i have been waiting for this show to come on for EVER!! like literately i was getting worried that it might not come back on. Great show and great and beautiful cast!!!

40. shayma says:

i so lov nd enjoy devious maid it so liftd my spirit.is it rosie nd spence or marisol nd nick or zoila nd javier nd carmen wit her ambition. i was so devastated wen aljandro was killed nd i felt sorry 4 d powells bt dey suit each oda. ‘IF LOVE DOES NOT WORK WHY DNT WE TRY HATRED’. nd valentina ws kind of anoyin towards her mother nd remi nd ethan re cute though i kind if feel sorry for ethan.

41. Susana says:

Please Marisol really act as if she had a PHD , His acting is false under this heading .

42. Melanie fowler says:

Please bring em back. I love this show.!!!!

43. nancy too says:

Wow this is great news cant wait to see what happened next mayb we lovers of devious maids we make a whatsapp group and chat bout it

44. Dee Blaze says:

i’m dancin!!! this is absolutely book series worthy! The stories could go on and on and ON! #DeviousMaids is #TheBest

45. Jessica Lane says:

Please hurry spring because I’m looking forward for this season my Sunday night soaps devious maids is a really really great and awesome show come on sepring time

46. bj says:

Can’t wait for season 3 to start in the UK.Susan LUcci is brilliant.

47. Iris says:

Love this show and would like to know when Season 3 will begin?

48. skyhy says:

I love a good murder mystery that’s what probably drew me to this show. I love all the main characters and chemistry they bring to the series. I am hooked and I want more. So naturally my whole family is addicted too.
    DM s15′ We are waiting… (not so patiently)

49. Stan says:

You just never know who is going to get picked off next. Highly addictive show, great cast and Susan Lucci is a goddess!!!!! Juicy series. Gotta love it!!!

50. viv says:

Loooooooovvvvvvveeee this SHOW!!!! CANNOT WAIT TIL SPRING 2015..Wonderful cast, wonderful writers, execs., LIFETIME…U gotta a real “CHERRY” HIT ..keep It!! S.Lucci one of your best roles ever , better than all the years on Daytime TV. Love the Powell’s they Deliver as well