Exclusive

Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Severide Returns to Work — to Save Mills?

Though still suffering from the loss of a friend, Severide is back on the job on Tuesday’s Chicago Fire (NBC, 10/9c) — and just in time, judging from the potentially fatal situation in which Mills finds himself.

RELATED Chicago Fire Boss on [Spoiler]’s Death, Fan Outrage and a Possible Return

Suspended upside down during a rescue, the young man’s life literally hangs in the balance in the following exclusive video. Then when he loses consciousness (!), Severide and the rest of the team jump into action, no doubt not wanting to say goodbye to another colleague so soon after Shay’s death. However, they quickly run into a life-threatening snag.

Press PLAY to watch the preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Severide’s return to work and Mills’ fate.

1. Tran says:

With Shay gone for good, looks like I’m now giving up on Chicago Fire.

• Stacy says:

If Shay was the only reason you were watching the show then I can understand how you feel. I’m sad to see Shay gone too but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop tuning in. This is one of the few shows where I truly care about all of the characters and can’t wait to see what the future brings.

• Tran says:

It doesn’t really matter to me or anyone else. People should stop making excuses and whine and complain about the show nor Shay’s death. Deal with it.

• Daisy says:

Exactly, Stacy. If you love the show, you’ll obviously miss Shay but this ensemble cast is by design much more than one great character. It’s all of them and watching them deal with this loss and continue to bring great stories. I see more greatness to come.

• Maryann says:

I think it comes down to whether you are a fan of a particular show or a fan of a character and just marginally a fan of the show. For me Chicago Fire is about the ensemble and the interaction. I will still be watching, just as I am still watching CSI after all the cast changes over the years. But there have been other shows I was just marginally drawn to that I kept watching only because of one favorite character — after the most recent major cast death on Dallas, I am once and for all done with the show.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Sad at the loss of Shay but I still love this show. We lost a great and beloved character, it happens all the time in television. The fact that so many are upset about it just proves how well done and great this show is. I’ll definitely be watching.

3. Canadian says:

I hope Mills dies. It’ll make up for the lack of deaths/injuries at the explosion.

4. I’m saddened by Shay’s death also. But I’m still going to be watching Chicago Fire.

I didn’t give up on Criminal Minds, and they had gone through so many cast moves it isn’t funny. And even after Haley died, I was devastated by that but I’m still watching it. Even if this may be the last season… (*Glares at Jennifer Love Hewitt*)

Bones? That shook me badly last night. I’m still watching it.

Basically all I’m saying is that I’ve watched shows where beloved characters died, and I still stayed loyal to the shows. Even ER after Mark Greene died, I was heartbroken.

• Vi says:

Very true Gina, losing beloved characters is rough. I will miss Shay and I felt like I lost family when Sweets died last night on Bones. Loved Mark Greene too. I’ve lost 3 ‘family members’ this week. But with some of the comments above, I’d have to stop watching 3 shows. While I will miss them, and mourn them and are extremely sad to see them go, I still love my shows and will continue to watch.

5. Edna spedevick says:

Chicago Fire is the best show on TV.
    It is an edge of your seat type of show.You never know what will happen. Yes it is sad that Shay had to die, but like in real life as a firemen or paramedic your life is on the line every time you go out on a call. Thanks for finally having a show on worth watching and can’t wait til the next week to see what happens