Starz Sets Outlander Return Date

Outlander Season 1 Midseason Premiere Date

Outlander fans, take note: After Saturday’s midseason finale, the many adventures of James and Claire Fraser will continue on Saturday, April 4, 2015.

RELATED Ask Ausiello: Outlander Spoilers and More!

The final eight episodes of the Starz drama’s freshman season will cover roughly the second half of the Diana Gabaldon novel on which it is based.

The cable network also touted Live +3  ratings from last week’s wedding episode, which delivered 3.8 million viewers. According to Starz, the drama is averaging 5 million pairs of eyeballs per episode.

Outlander‘s midseason finale airs Saturday at 9/8c on Starz.

1. sillyemmy says:

APRIL. WHAT.

2. Janean Comfort says:

WHAT??!?!?! APRIL?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOO!!!!! THAT”S SO FAR AWAY FROM NOW!!!! SOBS :(

3. lori says:

How is April early 2015? Ridiculous. They will lose the momentum of the show.

4. Alichat says:

April 2015??? Oh my god Starz…..ye killin’ me!!!

5. Lori says:

No! Can’t wait that long!

6. natalia h says:

I just yelled at the monitor. it’s not its fault.

WHY, though? WHYYYYYY?

7. Becky says:

so very far away.

8. WTF?!?! That’s a very bad joke!!

9. meg says:

Ugh. APRIL?! How is it still one season web it’s 6-7mo between halves?!

10. CourtTV says:

I had mid-March in mind so I wasn’t far off. Wish it was earlier though.

• gdv says:

I was also expecting mid-March, so I’m not that surprised. But I, too, am a little upset b/c it does feel like it JUST premiered, and now we’ll have to wait almost 7 months to get the back half of the season. But at the same time, it’s just as frustrating to wait an entire year
      or sometimes almost two between seasons (*cough* GOT/Sopranos/Mad Men *cough*), where you totally forget what even happened in the season before b/c it’s been so long. I don’t mind a handful of episodes here, a handful there if it means we get to watch it sooner. They could have easily made the back half of season 1 into season 2 and made us wait even longer to watch it.

11. Katri says:

That’s wayyyyyyyyyy too long! What, 7 months????

12. drhenning says:

I suspect that Starz didn’t want Outlander to be on the same time as Black Sails which will be on from mid to late winter. Starting in April will get Outlander through to late May and then have a short wait for the start of season 2 if it uses the same schedule as this year.

• Alex says:

What makes no sense is: 7 months between season 1 and 1.5, then 3 months until season 2? (assuming the current episode cadence sticks with it)… I wish the companies would just sit up, say, we have 12 episodes this season, run them, and wait for next year with baited breath, instead of this .5 willy nilly (Sci-Fi… err… Syfy, I’m looking at you) so that you can seemingly charge us double on DVD sales!

13. Rick Katze says:

There are stupid decisions and there are stupid decisions. But Congratulations STARZ, you are in the “STUPIDER” decision class.

Momentum on TV is usually relevant. When it is a serialized story, it is always relevant. We understand that you need time do the series right and not kill the Actors but this is ridiculous. Next time, think about a 3 month break, 4 months if needed, but not any longer

14. J says:

It will definitely be worth the wait!

15. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s articles
    or reviews every day along with a mug of coffee.

16. Pati says:

omg that is so far away. These 8 episodes went buy so fast, why the split season and the long ass wait. January would be an acceptable time frame. april is too long

17. CJ Jones says:

april what. Everyone will be focused on GOT then. I thought the second half would start in Jan or Feb. Boo.

• Ray says:

Agreed. Stupid of Starz to put Outlander up against Game of Thrones. There will be considerably less buzz for the show when it returns up against HBO’s giant, and rightly so.

• Alice says:

Well, they are on different nights. Game of Thrones is a Sunday night show, Outlander is on Saturdays. But the 7 month gap is ridiculous.

18. Kit says:

I am guessing this decision is driven by 2 factors. A) Starz will likely put out a DVD set of the first half of the season to ramp up excitement & increase subscribers in advance of the rest of the season. B) To stay right in the forefront of Emmy voters’ minds. HBO is getting too much of the Emmy pie. Starz wants some, & based on the events in the second half of the book, has strong performances & continued high quality drama to compete for Emmy gold.

19. Ev says:

There was a time that series ran from Sept to April or May and then it was Summer re-runs. None of this splitting up seasons or Summer replacements. You had a series, you ran a series. It’s too bad they play with the momentum of a good series. What is the expectation in running half a series? Makes no sense.

20. rachelle says:

Wtf! That’s way too much time. Other shows have 3-4 months between 2 seasons, but Starz has 7 months between 1??

21. Shadhowcat85 says:

WTF Starz?! I was thinking February. Now I’m curious as to when Da Vinci’s Demons will air since it premiered in April this year.

22. christine says:

Pissed

23. pam says:

Folks may be upset about the looong wait but, it’s worth the wait. True outlander junkies such as myself can only do one thing…read the books again!! That always makes me happy.

24. ANGRY!!! Waiting all those months for the second half of the season could cost viewers and momentum. I can understand a small break so they do the book justice, but 7 months is WAY TO LONG!!!! STARZ has to do some reconsidering if they want to keep the fans……

25. NAF says:

Not cool, Starz…not cool. I hope they have some grand plan that explains why they are doing this because it makes no sense to me. Way to piss off the fans.

26. Dani says:

wt. APRIL???

27. Liz says:

APRIL??????????? WTF?!!! Why do we have to wait such a long time?!

28. The outlander show is really intriguing and romantic. .I love Claire and James chemistry so intense.

29. dman6015 says:

It’s always a toss-up for networks. Show the entire season at once, then make everyone wait a year, or break it in two. so you only have to wait six or seven months for the next season to start.

30. You may also use several hydroponics grow tents joined together to create a big hydroponics
    grow tent where you are able to grow many plants of
    your respective choice including flowers and vegetables.
    This primarily occurs because the opening with the
    stomata is stimulated by light also, since light warms the leaf which ends up in quicker transpiration.
    Led grow lights blackstar An extravagant feast, called Wigilia, which may be prepared
    many days before, is served when the 1st star is visible inside
    the sky.

The future surely seems bright for Grow Perfect Technologies
    and the 357 Magnum LED grow light. Place the
    tables under hung up grow custom light fixtures, preferably LED grow lights.

31. before says:

best gaming pc under 1000 2013

32. An Outlander fan that is disappointed says:

April is too far away! They should have the second half of season one begin in January if they felt it necessary to even break it up (which I don’t agree with). If I had known I don’t know that I would have started to watch it. It is unfortunate because this is a great show and really getting a following. I agree this may ruin the momentum.

33. Dawn says:

Very good story, keeps me guessing. I am glad that you made her real in the fact that she still wanted to go home, back to her husband. I am looking forward to the next installment. Congratulations on pulling it together and the dress was beautiful. Good luck to you and all the people working on this project.

34. Deanna says: