Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev Crossing Over to The Originals as [Spoiler]

Nina Dobrev The Originals

Crossover alert! Nina Dobrev is putting all that Damon drama behind her as she embarks on a special trip to The Originals later this fall — but which of her many characters will she playing this time around?

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including The Vampire Diaries and The Originals

Actually, that was a trick question. Dobrev will be slipping into the yet-unseen role of Tatia, E! Online reports, a Petrova doppelganger briefly mentioned in the third season of The Vampire Diaries. In case you need a refresher…

Tatia will appear via flashback on the Nov. 4 episode, which will further illustrate her ‘complicated’ relationship with the Mikaelson brothers.

“[Klaus and Elijah] both loved her, so it’s a little bit of history repeating itself like with Stefan and Damon,” executive producer Julie Plec explains. “The character of Tatia is part of their history. … It’s something we brought up a long time ago and never paid off.”

Between her four — yes, four — characters, is there a single guy in the TVD universe Dobrev hasn’t gotten flirty with? We’ve got to admit, that’s not a bad gig.

Your thoughts on this crossover? Drop ’em in the comments section below.

1. lo' says:

Jesus Christ ENOUGH WITH THE LOVE TRIANGLES

2. Tran says:

There’s a reason men including me can’t get enough Nina Dobrev.

• D says:

Ditto. She’s beautiful. Great for her and great for the Originals!

• Alex says:

If only she could actually act with more than one emotion. Then you would have the complete package…I am starting to think she might have the same acting coach as Kristen Stewart!

• india says:

Omg what world do you live in. Katherine Pierce and Elena Gilbert could easily be two different actresses. Nina has such great range

• jbj says:

Agreed, India! Nina Dobrev is an outstanding actress! Every single doppelganger has a distinct personality, such that you can even see the subtle differences in how they perceive each other when they impersonate one another. It’s one thing to find Elena boring or one note, but to call Nina Dobrev that is just ridiculous.

• trainwreck says:

Seriously? Nina is a wonderful actress with so much range!
          She plays 3 characters in one scenestanding in front of eachother, and even just with her body language and expressions you can tell which one is which character… and two words (x2 actually): “B**** Please, KATHERINE PIERCE!”

• Angeldove says:

Ok, I am a TVD fan and I do like Nina Dobrev, but let’s be real she’s a good actress. Excellent though?!?! I like her on TVD, but at times.(sigh) her performance can be a little lackluster. As far as an excellent actress, who is able to play multiple parts brilliantly… two words TATIANA MASLANY!

• Tala says:

Yes but what happens to TVD?

3. Lies says:

thank god we still have the originals! great to see tatia. I am very sad about the news that caroline dries confirmed that the love triangle is over and that stelena is done for good. So this makes my day a little bit better, thanks tvline!

• Fran says:

I thought she just said they weren’t on the horizon for this season? Either way, I could never see Stefan being with Elena again. Not after the way she jumped to Damon immediately after breaking up with him. Then again I think Delena is gross too…. Wish both brothers would dump her. Yes, I know its not going to happen.

• Fran says:

Then again, who knows if there will be another season after this…

• Lies says:

I don’t know what to beliieve! it is wetpaint that posted the news with the title: stelena is done for good. Stefan is now elena’s soul friend? and she apparantly said that she doesn’t see it as a triangle anymore. But i really want to hear it from julie plec. Because julie promised over and over again that there is always hope, and the writers always talked about a triangle they never said it was done, and julie said herself on twitter in may: for now elena is with damon and stefan is moving on. So i can’t believe if she really did this to all the stelena fans out there, because this is lying to people and that is not ok! So i don’t know what to believe and i am feeling devestated, i know it is just a tv show but i really feel betrayed by the writers. If i knew this in season 4 i would have stopped watching because i can take another delena diaries episode. But if stefan and elena are over, than i hope that he becomes human again and gets a family, i think that it would be the best thing ever for his character. And i don’t know if there will be another season one of the main three wants out maybe, so who knows! I hope that tvline has an answer for us soon about stelena and about a season 7 maybe!

• Robert Wood says:

So far 2 of them have signed on for season 7 one is still unsure if they want to continue, there is rumor that its Nina Dobrev and its about her and Ians relationship, which I think is BS neither one of them has made any official comment about that Non-sense. To be honest I think its Ian who is unsure about continuing and it has nothing to do with is relationship with Nina, I think they are both still very good friends. There are other things that Ian wants to do, it would be just like Ian to spoil this show by quiting and F everything up for the fans. Even if he leaves or who ever I am sure if the show continues they will show up again for the final endgame to end the show, its unlikly that if one of them leaves they would kill that character off for good.

4. wrstlgirl says:

I’m not a fan so I’m not looking forward to this. I’m still on the fence on whether or not I’m going to continue with TVD. I haven’t enjoyed it for a couple of seasons now.

• Ray says:

Take the plunge like me and just quit. It’s never going to get better–it took me three horrible seasons to learn that, but I feel so liberated now that I’ve finally cancelled my season pass.

• Robert Wood says:

If your not a fan then why are you here?? have you watched the Originals, did you give it a chance? Sorry that you have not enjoyed the last couple of season of TVD, but not everyone can be happy. At least we get have Alaric back.

5. BBussey says:

Jeez, enough already. They’re going to ruin Originals the way they have Diaries.

6. wordsmith says:

Still waiting for them to pull an Orphan Black and introduce a trans doppelganger…
    Though in all fairness, Nina Dobrev may simply be too pretty to ever be convincing in drag.

7. i need of better tvshows says:

so Candice can´t crossover because its so difficult to shcedule it BUT nina the lead of Tvd can! Really Julie Really! oh and she calls Tatia the original doppleganger looks like somebody has forgotten her own stories because we had to sit through Amara last year and she came well before Tatia. But I quess logi don´t apply to Julie anymore. Looking forward to see the ratings fall and both be canceled sooner rather than later

• But Amara doesn’t have anything to do with the Mikaelson vampire creation, Tatia had. Tatia was the one their mother used to create the Originals and I was expecting to see the girl since they told us about her a long time ago. And now that we’ll have Mikael and Ester, it makes sence they show us Tatia.

• i need of better tvshows says:

oh i dont have a problem with them using Tatia although it´s not a crossover since it has nothing to do with TVD and she never appeared in TVD but what i have a problem with is Julie not remembering her on writing!…

• Mirren says:

Amara wasn’t introduced until well after this, so it’s more of a retcon than anything else. Also nobody knew what she looked like so it’s very plausible that Klaus and Elijah thought Tatia was the first in the line.

8. jane mark says:

Oh no

9. Diz says:

How ridiculous.

10. Huh says:

My favorite part of that scene? It ended with the 3 words that can best sum up The Originals as a series: Family Above All.

11. Katelin says:

I just hope tvd gets back to how it use to be. Last season was terrible and had me all confused. Elena needs to get back with Stefan. I think love triangles make the story interesting and the flirting that has you dying for the next episode to see if they get together. When they created the originals show, it ruined tvd bc they played such a huge role on the storyline for the last couple seasons. Now they are digging for anything and it’s all over the place.

12. Alex says:

Yawn…Stupid shows both of them! Unfortunately I still get drawn in!

13. Missy says:

I was waiting for the time a tvd character would visit the originals .

14. sarah j says:

Nina is one of the luckiest girls on tv today! She gets to be flirty/kiss Ian, Paul, J.P. and Daniel!

15. tom says:

You have got to be kidding me! I’ll make sure I miss that episode.

16. Cassie says:

Still something I wish the brothers knew. Family Above All is something I wish The Salvatore Brothers understood. I wish they would stop fighting about Elena, kill her or something and just MOVE ON. Go back to being the brothers I know they can be…The brothers I wish they were.

17. Letti says:

I’m happy for this. They talked about Tatia in S3 and I’m glad they will finally show her. And com on people, it’s just a one episode flashback, and she’s need if we truly want to see how they became Originals. And also it’ll be good to see Nina. I don’t care for the Delena Diaries, but I loved her as Katherine. Hope Tatia is more similar to her than to Elena.

18. Katherine says:

Oh c’mon people! No matter how negative your comments are, you still feel drawn in to tvd and the originals. They’re tv shows and are suppose to entertain us in some way or another. Appreciate the writers and actors. I believe Nina dobrev is a brilliant actress. All of them have brought tears in your eyes at some point. Better to watch fantasy shows than those nonsense reality shows. Both tvd and TO teaches you of family, friendship, love, loyalty and more. Just my opinion folks.

19. chris says:

Really, another doppelganger, I was hoping they would stop the TWINSY stuff but I love the originals, bring back Rebecca

20. Carol says:

No I don’t think it’s a good idea. Enough with the doppelgangers.

21. Marina says:

I actually wanted to see Tatia since she was first mentioned. That said, I believe its too late for it and they are doing it only because they’re running out of ideas and panicking with the rating droppings.

22. Ramona says:

I still think Caroline and Klaus should be together maybe they should do a cross over with her since she is trying to find answers there are plenty of witches in New Orleans

23. Lynne says:

This series has gone on far too long. It’s tired and I’m tired. Vampires have been done, all
    this undead, walking dead, super heroes, ‘things’ that don’t die. How about some real people
    who actually do die. People you root for and give a damn about. These vampires ‘die’ then
    lo and behold in two weeks they’re back because some friendly witch cast a spell. They just
    aren’t worth investing time in, let alone some exec’s money.

24. Anon says:

Ridiculous and desperate it is to bring Nina Dobrev back. She is not a good actress, as much as I hate to admit. But to bring her back in the Originals… her character is so out of place and it ruins the show. The love triangle is played to death. How about some new ideas and better actors? Thanks.

25. I am loving Nina playing on both Vampire Diaries and The Originals, it has brought alot more spice to both series. Excellence

26. Raymore says:

Good day I would like to know when will stephan and elena be in the originals or will they never be in it thank you.

27. Bellatrix Lestrange says:

Would everyone quit complaining about ten love triangles and dopplegangers it is the point of TVD so naturally its going to be in the spin off of TVD duh