Exclusive

Bones Video Flashback: Sweets-Booth Bromance Revisited — Plus Watch Booth React to Baby Bombshell

Bones Season 10 John Francis Daley

Dr. Lance Sweets has come a long way since his early days as Booth and Brennan’s quasi-couples therapist on Bones, and the following exclusive video chronicles the character’s journey from annoying shrink to close confidante to special agent to (as revealed in tonight’s Season 10 premiere) father-to-be.

PHOTOS Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan’s Crazy-Cool New Crib

In addition to boasting highlights of the character’s seven-season Bones journey, the two-plus-minute featurette also includes fresh interviews with John Francis Daley and onscreen sidekick-foil David Boreanaz.

“Early on, Booth looked at him like this little kid who was… a bit annoying,” relates Boreanaz of the show’s unlikely bromance. “But their relationship has gotten much stronger. Booth has become more attached to him as a friend.”

That strengthening bond is evident in tonight’s opener (8/7c, Fox) when Booth expresses gratitude to Sweets for looking after Brennan and Christine during his three-month stint in the pokey.

Also in the below video: A longer peek at the priceless moment Booth learns that Sweets is going to be a father.

1. Erin says:

sweets is the worst character alive. Looks like this season will once again be heavy focus on sweets. Thanks but no thanks. Time to take this show off my DVR.

2. Sweets is fun, I love his interacting with Booth.

3. anon says:

of all the things that are happening in tonights ep and this what we get? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? FOX FAIL. Booth and Sweets fake bromance is just the worst. ..Booth and Hodgins was the original bromance can we get back to that

• el perro fumando says:

There’s been a ton of clips and featurettes about the serious stuff in tonight’s episode. Frankly, if they ran any more of those, there’d be nothing new left to watch. I’m thrilled to get a clip that ISN’T about jail and the conspiracy stuff. But then again, I love the fun character stuff. And Sweets. So this clip makes me doubly happy. Hopefully it will offset all the depressing stuff a little.

4. Jeanie says:

Oh! Love the Booth-Sweets bromance so much. Glad to see it’s still alive. Should be fun to see the fatherhood bonding. Great clip!

5. Kate Garner says:

The growth of Sweets, and his relationship with Booth and Brennan, has been one of my favorite parts of the show. When they originally brought him on, I thought, “well, this is too awkward to work”. But in the end, that’s what made it work all the more.

• Caesius says:

I completely agree. Sweets was one of my favorite characters – which s saying something in this ensemble. They really developed the character and his relationship over the years. I am so sad to see him go. If I hadn’t herd the actor was now directing,* I might be even more sad. I hope it was his decision to leave.

*I haven’t looked into exactly what

6. Ali says:

So let me get this straight, Booth and Sweets are bffs, but no time during Booth’s incarceration does Sweets give him the happy news? Um, no, dont think they are as close as Sweets imagines. BTW, for a show that was NOT supposed to turn into Parenthood, it sure does look that way.

• anon says:

yup yup…4months and not one word to booth that he knocked up a co-worker….yup thats BFF status right there…snark….and i bet you not one person bar brennan went to visit booth in jail in 4mths…thats how much they are BFF…give me a break.

• Ginger says:

Apparently you have no idea how the prison /jail system works… only immediate family are allowed to visit other than lawyers…that means girl friends aren’t allowed to visit either- gotta be married. At least in most states. And since Sweets nor any other co-worker were actually related they couldn’t visit. So, maybe they were going by facts. Also, keeping with the characters persona and that of Daisy they wouldn’t want to ‘bother’ Booth with the news while incarcerated- they’d want to make it a surprise and/or give him less to worry about when while in the pen was more staying alive and getting free. I mean think about it Sweets has always been private about his personal life and more concerned about everyone else. And, from what the episode clearly showed Booth wasn’t given any kind of consideration by guards or inmates. Everyone was against him for being a cop killer or for putting them away. Recall the extremely short , nearly non-existent phone call with Brennan?

7. zaza says:

Sweets got back together with Daisy and now they’re having a baby? Ughhh!

8. kristi metcalf says:

Love bones ♡♡♡♡

9. Ruth says:

I love the Sweets character – BUT – Daisy? Can’t you let him start his life over? New apartment and OLD crazy girlfriend. Poor poor poor planning or writing!

10. Jerri says:

Personally I love Sweets. As for Daisy and Cam, not so much. Still they have their place on the show to keep things interesting.

11. dman6015 says:

OMG! They killed off Sweets!!!

12. Donna Morgan Hall says:

so now all of you folks that did not like Sweets can rest…they killed him off…Happy Now?!?!?!?!?

13. So you make a big to do about it all and then turn around and kill Sweets off??? Are you kidding me???

14. Joseph chisesi says:

Why did sweets have to die

15. Judy says:

OMG!!!!! They killed Sweets. Why??????????

16. Ruth Ann Walker says:

WOW, THAT WAS WICKED INTENSE (GOOD), SOO VERY SORRY SWEETS IS GONE , HE WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. I LOVED THE SHOW, BRENNAN AND BOOTH WERE FANTASTIC, THE WHOLE CAST WAS GREAT. THE CAST TOO REALLY WERE INTENSE ON CLEARING BOOTH. THIS EPISODE WAS OUTSTANDING, SURE HOPE THIS SHOW WAS IN FIRST PLACE TONIGHT, OUTSTANDING ACTING BY WHOLE CAST. CONGRADULATIONS FOR A JOB WELL DONE.

17. Sonja says:

I am so upset that they killed off sweets. It was so graphic. I really wish there had been a little warning. I am traumatized.

18. Helen Straley says:

I have watched every episode since day 1 and repeat s everyday on tnt plus have every DVD of the series. Was very saddened to see Sweets dies on opening of season 10. For those people who hate Sweets you probably are those who don’t like kids and pets. He kept Booth and Brennan honest about who they really were. He was family to them and they were his only true family. Rest in Peace Sweets I will miss you.

19. Car says:

I’m really saddened by the way Sweets character was killed. This was really a shocker to me. I also noticed other things said on the show that make me believe this is possibly the last season for this show or the show is going to take a drastic turn.

20. Bring sweets back as twin! Miss him already! OMG! He can’t be gone. Luv him!

21. Peggy says:

They never showed the death of booths grandfather that died in real life, why wouldn’t they kill him off.? And is he really dead? They killed Booth off but he wasn’t really dead. It would be nice.

22. svet says:

Why did you have to kill off Sweets!? This is too much. When Zac was sent to the asylum I accepted it, even though it didn’t make sense. When Vincent was killed off I cried but I accepted it but this is too far! NOT HAPPY! I was so happy to find out that he was going to be a father, even if it was with Daisy, and now it’s all gone. At least if he chose to go, you could have given him a happy story ending. I love the show but I have been pushed too far and don’t know if I want to keep watching after this.

23. Gloria says:

sweets did not need to die. he was a good guy in bones he made it funny some times

24. Melissa Smith says:

I really liked this season opener of Bones, they all did their jobs so well, I was so shocked by what happened I burst into tears! I love Sweets and John did a Remarkable job in the role, Kudos to Him and I wish him much success with his directing! You will be very missed. From a “from the beginning” fan! Will probably cry again next week.

25. Jennifer Bacholl says:

Bring back Sweets!

26. Sue says:

I was so glad when Bones came back on. Sweets was great on the show and was so surprised and sorry to see him go. Will watch this show forever.Sorry to see you go if you can’t watch this show anymore. I will miss Sweets.

27. S. Wilson says:

Too much of an initial dramatic game changer. Can’t say if I’ll never watch Bones again, but I’ve lost considerable interest in the series now (this is not emotional energy driving this decision). This was a poor decision on those who manage and direct the series.

28. Dc says:

I hate that sweets was killed off!! Why couldn’t you have just given him a promotion out and had him be a father and appear as a guest every couple shows. I really liked his character and think that this is detrimental to the show….

29. Karen Burns says:

I liked Sweets, and I was so very sad that he was killed off the show. I will miss him, :(

30. Mary potrawski says:

Stop killing off the main characters! Sweets brought so much to show! It’s like loosing a friend!