Exclusive

Castle Premiere Sneak Peek: Kate Makes a Crushing Discovery

Loading video...

The emotional hits just keep on coming as ABC‘s Castle opens Season 7 this Monday at 10/9c — and we’ve got an exclusive sneak peek at one of the gut-punches headed Kate’s way.

RELATED Castle‘s Season 7 Premiere: We’ve Seen It and Teased It!

As revealed in the first Season 7 promo, bride-to-be Beckett is quick to discover that Castle is not inside the car that was discovered on the Hamptons roadside engulfed in flames. After quickly changing into clothes more practical than a wedding gown, she, Ryan and Esposito follow Castle’s cell phone “ping” to the black Escalade seen racing away from the crash site.

RELATED Castle Alternate Reality Episode Will Ask, ‘What If Rick and Kate Never….’

But as they close in on the signal, are they prepared for what they are about to discover…?

1. Matthew Weber says:

OMG. That was awesome. She could play football with that tackle. LOL .

Cant wait.

2. farhan says:

whoa whoa whoa whoa! monday is too far now!

3. Lauren says:

I loved Beckett’s bad-ass-ery before, but with this new emotional context, she’s at a whole new level.

4. C. Pearce says:

So looking forward to this episode. Stana was fantastic.

5. N says:

You sure are teasing us!

6. Alex says:

I’m really scared of what they are going to do with Castle’s character to be honest …

• paula marie says:

Me too! hope they don’t turn him into some sneaky, uncaring spy! also hope this isn’t happening because they want the show to end!! Still can’t wait for Monday!!

• DarkDefender says:

I was thinking maybe he orchestrated one of their first murder cases together, so he could semi-stalk Beckett (in the name of research, of course). Or that he has underworld connections who could get him things.. Like a car on short notice to flee the city, a cow for a prank a school or maybe it explains why he is such a great shot with a handgun.
      If it is going to make us question Caskett, I think it could be these things.

• lkh says:

the very first thing that came to mind when all this speculation started was the time he wanted to have those photos and she said he could if he could hit the target…why could he do that? the cow, not so much.

• carbono says:

Me too. If they all of a sudden make him into a spy of some sort who’s been keeping secrets from Kate all this time it’s going to be sooooo unbelieveable! Even worse than in the season 6 finale when they made Kate out to be an idiot. She didn’t know that the marriage was real!!?? I mean c’mon! Boy I sure hope that someone besides Castle himself is behind him disappearing. There is just no way that he’d ever do that to either Kate or his mother & daughter.

7. Fairy says:

If they do something where Rick is keeping himself away from her, or if they break them up, so help me, I’m done.

8. Boiler says:

Can’t wait!

9. Emily says:

Apparently people in MA won’t even be getting the premiere because of football! Smart move.

• Laura says:

I noticed that it wouldn’t be on in Kansas City either, but it looks like the CW is going to carry it here, at least on Time Warner. I’d check for another channel in case they are doing the same.

• Mary says:

Hmm, with a preemption already, surely the ratings will be lower than last year´s premiere!…but actually I´m not caring about the ratings, because I have a feeling this season will be the last.

• Doris says:

I am hoping for season 8. However, knowing the lack of publicity ABC provides for Castle and Andrew is on to other projects, yes, this will probably be the last season of castle unless ABC offers Stana and Nathan tons of money. Money talks and BS walks!

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

I don’t agree at all. Even without much promotion it was still a top 20 show most weeks last season. I know that everybody’s contract is up this year but, ABC will get them to sign on for another couple of years. The show is owned by ABC so the more episodes that they have to sell into syndication the more money for the network. It’s going to go at least one more but, with the numbers being what they are I’m saying two more seasons.

• c-mo says:

ABC has already sold the show into syndication to TNT and I’m sure they are paying a toooon of $$ to keep it somewhat exclusive, meaning only ABC affiliates can show reruns.

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

TNT has the rights so that USA or FX can’t show reurns. But, there is also broadcast syndiication. Local affiliates can buy the rights to air reruns as well. My local Fox and NBC affiliates air reruns of Castle every weekend.

• carbono says:

Actually I think that the lack of promotion is a pretty big sign that ABC knows that this is the last season.

• JoyAnne says:

Castle reruns are on SPACE ever day. 4pm here in western Canada.

10. Allie says:

Stana is the woman! She is going to knock it out of the park. Stakes are high, emotions running deep, I can’t wait.

11. Matthew Weber says:

I’ve now watched this video like 4 times. Monday cannot come soon enough.

12. John NYC says:

No flag: clean hit leading with the shoulder.

13. Instead of shouting what have you done wouldn’t it be more productive to check the car first? to give some help to Castle if he’s there or playing cops and robbers without the haste if he isn’t? I know, don’t ruin a good melodrama with logic.

• TacoB says:

No need to check the car first. If there was someone in the car their blood would be dripping all over the floor. Like when you squeeze a lemon :D

• Beckstle says:

The car was crushed flat. Logically, anyone in it would be dead, so if Castle’s in there (nod-nod, wink-wink) he was already dead or just killed. The reaction is spot-on.

• Brigid says:

There is no logic in what you just said. Why would they check a crushed car? If any human was in that truck, they are dead. I would go after the guy who crushed the car and then ran from police like he was guilty because he might have some answers.

14. DL says:

OMG the wait is killing me! Bring it on! Counting down the days!

15. lkh says:

Wow–is that a Cadillac SUV (Escalade) –there goes the budget for the season! Don’t worry y’all, if he’s in there he’s squished. Or he might have superpowers now–ya know, the new mythology.

16. Liz B. says:

LOL. I thought ‘crushing’ had a double meaning when I saw the link. Thanks for the sneak, Matt. 😀

17. Julie Lamb says:

I can’t wait any longer!

18. kick a$$ Beckett is back! You go girl…..lol. Wow! can’t wait to see it in action. Emotional already just from the SPs. Thanks for sharing this one! Monday needs to get here quick, before I lose my mind! Season 7 looks to be great!

19. nieves1226 says:

I really thought they would get married, Damn! Only five more days.

20. liz says:

Next zeason is the last season

21. Virginia Behrikis says:

Comcast in the Boston are will carry the premier on METV (292)

22. Graham Bryant says:

what a load of crock

23. Briggs says:

Even knowing he wasn’t in the car (his cell phone probably fell out of his pocket), I was still on pins and needles throughout that chase. The guy might not even know about the car, just that it had to be crushed, and some other little clue will move them forward. Why did he run? Criminal record, there were guns pointed at him, he knew he was doing something illegal… Anyway, I’m excited. :)

24. Rich Abey says:

Okay now this just me got me thinking: “Anyway I could get the Doctor (from Doctor Who) to offer me a ride 4 days to the future at Monday 9pm to watch the Castle premiere”, cause WITH ALL THESE BLOODY MYSTERIES, i can’t think of another way to get me there faster!

25. john says:

This was too much for my poor heart.Monday it’s too far away.

26. martins says:

I want d attention 2 focus on castle dis time,I miss season 1,can’t wait to see an emotional Beckett and Alexis though

27. Jake says:

Why all the “is Rick dead” scenarios? First the burning car, now a crushed car? Liked how the cast acted it out, but the scene seems kinda pointless. Knowing he’s not going to be dead lessens the drama of a scene like that.

28. Manuel Schuster says:

I am very glad that season 7 finally starts on Monday, 9 / 29 / 2014. Ican´t wait any longer. Stana is really great again! Wonderful that I can watch CASTLE via ITUNES here in Cologne, Germany

29. June Bogan says:

I’m out now the magic is all gone castle and beckett are just roles on a tv show not people the we can believe are real peple. they should use this in college tv writing classes to teach how to lose your job.

30. anonymous says:

ppl in the boston area will be able to see it bc it is on METV on comcast it’s channel 292 ppl who have other providers will to check and see what channel number it is on theirs just an FYI

31. dks says:

please tell me that sept 29 will get here. As the song says “I,m so excited!”

32. connie says:

Castle will be great tomorrow night. Can’t wait! I think it’s someone who has a problem with Rick, someone from his past who wants to get even.

33. Cindy says:

It’s finally here Castle fans!!! TONIGHT!! With all the speculation the last 3 months, we will find out, hopefully, who was close to being right. One big question still bothers me, “what did they mean when it was said ‘when Castle is found it won’t be in the context we would think”? Hmm. Will be interesting to read all the comments later tonight!!!

34. PagingDrSteele says:

I’ve always had an enormous crush on Stana, but as a former All-American Linebacker… That hit… Wow. I think I’m in love… lol

35. Maria Rios says:

I want to see them get Married enough teasing already