E!'s Fashion Police: Celebrating Joan Delivers Record Ratings

Joan Rivers Fashion Police

E!’s tribute to late comic Joan Rivers, Fashion Police: Celebrating Joan, drew 1.1 million viewers on Friday night, more than double the year-ago time period average (or up 127%), our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED Joan Rivers: 15 Memorable (and Hilarious) Career Moments

The 90-minute special, which looked back at host Rivers’ time on the weekly celebrity-style roundup, followed an all-day marathon of old Fashion Police episodes and gave the network its most-watched and highest-rated Friday in more than two years.

Fashion Police will continue without Rivers in 2015, starting with Golden Globes coverage on Monday, Jan. 12, E! announced last week.

1. leigh says:

It was a funny, pleasant tribute. I am curious to see how they revamp it in 2015.

2. GeoDiva says:

It’s on my dvr to watch. Looking forward to it.

3. CantWait says:

Wow, given the popularity of this show I guess it really is true that most women are superficial, petty, and jealous beings who gain self-esteem only from being hateful and mean-spirited to each other and tearing each other down wherever and whenever possible, even something as shallow as fashion.

Way to go girls….live that stereotype!

4. Will says:

@CantWait is taking life waaay too seriously.

I’ll miss Joan, and since the series is continuing the only person who could realistically take over would be Kathy Griffin IMO. Albeit the only reason I ever tuned in was just for Joan; I could not care less about fashion. Kelly is nice, but the others are such suck ups to celebs it’s obnoxious.

• Geo says:

I like your comments, but much as I like her I don’t think Kathy Griffin would work, as she’s never been much about fashion. Some have mentioned Margaret Cho or Sarah Silverman, but, again, I’m not sure they have the interest in fashion to make it work. I wonder if they’ve thought about somebody like Michael Kors, who both knows fashion and can be hilariously bitchy.

• Mary says:

It was a nice tribute. I am not sure if Fashion Police will ever be the same without Joan. They would be wise not to replace her and change the format. I for one cannot stand Kathy Griffin so they will lose one viewer if she takes over. I will give it a shot but honestly I am not sure if it will survive because fashion police was Joan Rivers.