Exclusive

Sneak Peek: Pay Your First Visit to Syfy's Town of the Living Dead

Loading video...

Syfy invites you to hang with the fine folk (and occasional zombie) of Jasper, Ala. aka the titular Town of the Living Dead in its new unscripted series — and TVLine has an exclusive look at the new trailer.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Coming alive Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 10/9c (as part of the cabler’s annual 31 Days of Halloween event), Town of the Living Dead follows the “colorful” residents of Jasper as they battle every imaginable obstacle to complete production on a zombie movie, Thr33 Days Dead, that thus far has been six years in the making. But if they can pull it off, Syfy will give the film a showing.

RELATED Syfy’s Helix Adds Wing Star for Season 2

Zombies of course are a hot commodity nowadays — The Walking Dead puts up lively numbers, while Syfy’s Z Nation just last week gave the channel its highest rated acquired scripted series premiere (1.6 million viewers) since Doctor Who in 2006. Will you check out Town of the Living Dead to see how the human sausage is made?

1. Ray says:

Syfy ought to change it’s name to the Zombie Network. No wonder I despise it

2. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Wow, really? this network is trying hard to compete with The Walking Dead (which I freakin love!) Anyhow TWD is in a category that no ”zombie show” will never reach. They’re like 10/20 steps ahead of all shows they broke or should I say ”Shattered” all network ratings!

3. crystal says:

Can’t wait to watch a few of my friends in the town of the living dead . Really excited :)

4. Pam says:

Oh yeah! I was born in Jasper, AL. This should be a trip!

5. Cyn says:

So Syfy is capitalizing on two popular themes reality and zombies. Can’t be any worse than AMC’s Small Town Security.

6. herman1959 says:

Nope.

7. Rebecca says:

I live close to Jasper and have known Tina for many years. I am so excited and can hardly wait for this show to come on!! I’m counting the days. Very proud to have our town represented in a good way

8. Christian says:

I know so many involved in this that it just so awesome to see them get recognized and have a spot on tv! Can’t wait to watch it and congrats again to my friend the director on this big achievement!

9. lilBigNjuicy says:

Reality television combined with zombies? most people from alabama walk and talk slow anyway so I can see how they would make frackin good zombies. Sprinkle a little radio shack employee with a couple of smucks who still live at home with their parents and bam. you get a zombie reality show. dont worry. I will tune in to watch. in fact, I will record every frackin episode so I can laugh at the pot belly zombies.

10. Donald Jinright says:

I lived in Jasper as an infant with my parents. I just spent a month in Birmingham, AL. with my family and I live in Dtroit, MI. My brother just finished rebuilding my 1956 Studebaker 259 V-8 and I took advantage of the trip and visited Jasper as well. I got photos of the Masonic Hall, the laundromat, Bare Bones Cargo (with myself in front of it as well as a few shots inside including the back room which was also a spot which was filmed.) I talked with many folks who seemed to know of the film being made ad the mother of two of the actors which works at The Salvation Army Store downtown Jasper. I enjoyed myself. It was fun investigating the movies’ presence.
    It will be interesting to see how they put the films together and actually make the movie
    I was told that was the plan and hope I haven’t opened a new can of worms!?