Dancing With the Stars Week 1 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

LOLO JONES, KEO MOTSEPE

This just in from the Department of Imaginary Survey Results: Four out of five doctors who reviewed the full cast list for Season 19 of Dancing With the Stars asked, “Who the heck are these people?”

But after Monday night’s premiere episode, far more interesting questions began to percolate: Is former Fresh Prince of Bel-Air star Alfonso Ribeiro — already atop the judges’ leaderboard – a Mirrorball shoo-in? Will strong debut performances by the likes of YouTuber Bethany Mota, Pretty Little Liars star Janel Parrish and Duck Dynasty offspring Sadie Robertson carry them through the holiday season? How soon will former Calvin Klein underwear model Antonio Sabato Jr., do his first shirtless dance?

RELATED DWTS Season 19 Premiere Recap: Who Rocked? Who’s at Risk?

On the flip side, the bottom of the leaderboard was littered with plenty of charming but inevitable also-rans – comedian/stoner Tommy Chong, designer diva Betsey Johnson and political commentator Tavis Smiley, your days are numbered, no matter how enjoyable your pre-performance packages! – making the season’s initial elimination a nail-biter.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites

But without further ado, here’s the real moment of truth — tonight’s results:

FINAL FOUR COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Betsey Johnson and pro Tony Dovolani
Michael Waltrip and pro Emma Slater
Lea Thompson and pro Artem Chigvintsev
Lolo Jones and pro Keo Motsepe

BOTTOM TWO COUPLES
Betsey Johnson and pro Tony Dovolani
Lolo Jones and pro Keo Motsepe

ELIMINATED
Lolo Jones and pro Keo Motsepe

“I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I know Betsey had the malfunction with the boa [on Monday]… that was a disadvantage for her,”  said an incredibly gracious but emotional Lolo, who went on to blame her own missteps for her low scores. “I’m glad that she’s staying and she deserves to stay.”

And with that, it’s your turn. Was Lolo the right choice to go home? If now, which couple should have really gotten axed? Who’s your early favorite for Mirrorball glory? Sound off in the comments!

1. Marie says:

Glad she went home. I really hated how she interupted the judges during their comments.

2. Cyn says:

I feel bad for her partner. The only professional black male dancer on the show and he’s gone already! It would have been a nice change on the show if he was able to stay.

• JBC says:

At least he will still get to dance throughout the seasons in the pro dances.

• Lena says:

They gave him literally the worst celeb on the show. She can’t dance even if her life depended on it. Hopefully, they will give Keo a fighting chance next season, if the show comes back.

3. Jane says:

Why in the world was Lea in the bottom four? That’s ridiculous!

• L.A. Rob says:

It’s not necessarily the bottom four… Just the four that the producers chose to leave in jeopardy the longest. It’s possible that she had the highest votes and the producers just wanted to stir up her fan base even more! Who knows!

• Marla says:

I was wondering the same thing but I think they grouped them according to scores and she might have been the lowest scored in that group. And then there’s the element of drama. That’s TV for you.

• Maryann says:

Tom Bergeron said on the show that Betsey Johnson and Lolo Jones were the bottom two in terms of combined judges scores and viewer votes.

4. Bonnie says:

It would have been nice to see more of Keo

5. Ralph says:

What is a LoLo Jones?

6. Lisa says:

I don’t believe Artem was in the bottom. So next week I wills made my votes better. Lolo was not going to win. Neither is Betsy.

7. MelindaB says:

Yes, but I wish that Keo had had a better inaugural season. I hope that he returns next spring with someone who will allow him to stay in the competition a bit longer.

8. Judy says:

I am wondering why no one has mentioned yet that Alfonso was already a contestant on the show in 2007. Doesn’t anyone remember that? He shouldn’t be allowed to come back again as a contestant. He now has 2 unfair advantages – 1.because he has been a professional dancer, and 2. because he’s already been on the show!

9. Coal says:

Being South African myself, I was looking forward to see more of Keo. “Empa ho tla loka morena o seka fela moya” Translated, its going to fine mate, don’t let it get you down.

10. cyclone says:

I feel bad but Lolo does not have the personality to do a show like this. Also she had a bad attitude after the dance and whenever the camera was on her after that, she just always had an angry face on. Yeah it sucks that her dance didn’t go as planned but neither did other people’s but they brushed it off and looked ahead.

• Jenks says:

I agree. No one is going to vote for someone who has such a bad attitude. She looked like she would rather be any place on earth than the ball room.

11. Kim R says:

Monday night there were a handful that had problems with their performances. I think the bottom 3 were correct but I do think Lolo’s (I have no idea who she is) attitude sealed her fate. She was sour for the rest of the show and it really worked against her regardless of how her dance went. Just my opinion. :D

12. JVee says:

Lolo Jones is a world-class athlete, a fierce competitor, and she has the mindset of one. I’m pretty sure she was beating herself up after her poor performance, just the way she would on the track if she messed up. Whoever said she wasn’t made for a show like this was right, but give the woman her due. She is fantastic at her chosen field, and left the show with grace. I was glad to see her be so gracious at the end and leave everyone with that impression of herself.

13. LJT says:

I’m surprised no one mentioned that Alfonso was the boy in the Pepsi commercial with Michael Jackson in the 80’s. He’s always been able to dance.

14. Iakovos says:

Lolo was right choice for elimination this week. She seemed so sour and out her element. Did enjoy learning more about her partner and the other new pros.

15. Lisa says:

I’m confused, so have the show producers actually shortened the dance routines by 30 seconds and give that time to a 4th judge, that we didn’t need??