Exclusive

Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib

Bones New Home

Will a dramatic change of scenery exorcize the demons currently haunting Booth? That’s a question Brennan will be asking herself when Bones kicks off its 10th season next Thursday (8/7c on Fox).

RELATED Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 43 Returning Favorites, Including Bones

In the wake of the deadly shooting rampage at the couple’s old abode, a kerfuffle that landed Booth in prison for four months, Brennan took it upon herself to unload their terror-tinged crib, purchase a brand new abode and furnish and design the hell out of out of it.

“The idea of moving back in [to the old house], even if it was repaired, was not an option,” explains exec producer Stephen Nathan. “Brennan, knowing that somehow they would free Booth, found a house for them, one that would reflect Booth.”

Scroll through the exclusive gallery below (directly beneath the new Season 10 advertising art) to see the results of the Bones design team’s Brennan’s four-month passion project, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Love it or list it?!

Bones Season 10

1. Totally not my style, but I love the little touches, like Booth’s stadium seats, Brennan’s “ethnic artifacts,” etc. What stuck out to me, though, was seeing Booth out of prison in episode 1, which makes me very, VERY happy!

• a says:

love love that the stadium seats made it to the new house… so important to past that they did….i cant wait to actually see B&B in the house onscreen, then it will be a home..

2. a says:

I REALLY LIKE IT!! Its bright and airy…mixture of old and new, I can see both B&B material thangs ..love the jukebox and Christines little play table……but one question? Where is the TV? did i miss it?

3. Ali says:

Well, it is lovely but looks like Booth moved some of his things into Brennan’s apt/home. I preferred the more homey look of the first Mighty Hut. Doesnt look like Booth at all to me. House Beautiful it is tho.

4. Raquel Luciana Da Silva says:

Besides The Mighty Hut is deep in my heart, new B&B’s crib is charming and classy. Reflect both Booth &Brennan style. Love it!

5. Scarlett says:

It’s lovely but looks much more like Brennan than Booth.

6. Linda says:

Bright and airy, with the wall of windows and the high windows. A sharp and welcome contrast to where Booth has spent the past four months. Open and yet homey, with all the personal touches.

7. Kayla says:

Where is Christine’s room? Or are we just going to forget that they have a baby?

• Stacey says:

Given there is a child art table among the pictures. Christine is acknowledged. We never saw her room in the other home. I assume there is a extra room given it’s Brennan looking for a home for her child and herself. I would worry that there was a spare room for Parker when he visits. But then we rarely see him, so there likely is a extra bedroom. But we rarely see the other aspects of the other house. We might with this one since it’s more open layout!

8. kwalk says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that the stadium chairs made it through the shootout. That was one of my most favorite episodes. #Bones

9. DarkDefender says:

While I love it.. It’s an amazing house! But my Question is why would they (as characters) have a house with so much glass exposure after that shoot out at the old house and knowing they have a child at home? Kinda makes them sitting ducks, doesn’t it?

10. Martoukian says:

Did they say if this was an entirely new home in a new location, or a rebuild where they were?

11. Marte Rowe says:

LOVE it! It reflects both of them to a tee….

12. JW says:

Nope. I don’t feel it reflects them very well at all. Besides the one little craft table… where is Christine in all of that? Booth may love mid-century and Brennan may love all the ethnic stuff, but they were brought together by their daughter and nothing about that place reflects that to me.

13. Dawn says:

Can I move in? Love it, love it. I do think this house reflects Booth more then Brennan but it is simply wonderful.. Modern yet old school. Nice!

14. Libby says:

I find it cold and uninviting. The Mighty Hut waas born of a new love; this was created by tragedy.

15. Like the house, but not the windows

16. Ann Pillsbury says:

I love that they included Booth’s stadium seats!

17. cheryl says:

It’s not a home Booth would like. It’s a rich mansion type and he would be uncomfortable that Bones spent her money on it. It’s not in his character.

• Missy says:

Interesting. I guess everything is relative. I find the house: a) not practical; b) very modest; c) with too many windows for my taste — with no window treatments that I can see. Love the following elements: a) stadium seats — total hit; b) it has many rooms which will make for interesting and varied scenes; c) may finally get some bedroom scenes — all in good taste; d) room for guests.

18. Tracy says:

I love the new Bones house. Article said it was designed for Booth. So here’s my question…. Where’s his man cave?
    When they were searching for the other house that’s what he wanted, a man cave. I’m just saying…. He deserves one after being wrongfully accused/imprisoned.

• Stacey says:

Well his wishes NOW might be different than they once were. He might just be happy to be home with his wife and daughter, and Parker when he visits. There are Booth’s touches all through it. I am sure there is a TV room given that Booth is very into television, we just don’t see it. When the need arises we likely will see it. We never saw the actual man cave in the last one. He was always watching television with Brennan. Given he spent four months delusioned in jail for a crime he didn’t commit, he might just be happy to have his freedom. As someone above said, more pressing is that they would do a home with so much glass given that they just went through so much gun fire in the last one! But Brennan probably didn’t have much of choice given she had to find permanent lodging for her and Christine, and yet furnish it as their home for when he got out!

19. Ruth Ann Walker says:

I love the house, maybe they will let me move in with them, that would be awesome (ha, ha,). well It doesn’t cost a thing to fantiize.
    Seriously, the new home is beautiful, and as Brennan said, “new memories, new life”. After both Booth & Brennan move it and few scenes are shot in their home, it will seem more like home.

20. Carol says:

Love it. Was a child during the 1950s but this house is much warmer and inviting do to the decorating.

21. dman6015 says:

A bit too retro for my taste, but, hey, it’s only a TV show.

22. Margaret Murray-Evans says:

Love it! I’m a big, big fan of transom windows. Ideal for an art studio where there can never too much light. (Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, TN)

23. Stormy says:

IMO It’s way too California mid-century modern to reflect either of them. And the amount of exposure from all of the windows seems counter intuitive. It’s a nice home, but doesn’t compute for B&B.

• Stacey says:

I am not sure the other one was that true to B and B. The last house was gorgeous and big, but it was fancy looking. This one has more of touches of episodes, seasons past in it. And looks to be more them. It’s very different. So it will be getting used to it, but I think this might be more Booth and Brennan. But I am curious they would go for a layout with so much glass?

24. Janet Reed says:

Not enough cabinet space in the kitchen :) (so when is the rerun of the last episode on? I must of missed where he was arrested)

25. Rebecca roberts says:

I absolutely love the new house I feel that is does represent them perfectly look forward to seeing them in it!!! Even though I did love the mighty hut but after everything that has happened they need a new and unscathed home

26. Melba says:

Love it love it. Big roomy areas. Plenty of windows for the sun.

27. Pat Krueger says:

Loved it !!! I especially liked the “High Windows”…Keeps “villons” from seeing if they’re home.

28. wendy says:

all I got was little pics 2in so seeing them was difficult the large pictures that should of been between the arrows was blank

29. Tammy Seale says:

List it. In my opinion (and I’m entitled to it, people), it’s absolutely hideous. It looks cold… the other house was warm and inviting and looked like a *home*. This house is not at all welcoming. I’ve never been a fan of professional design, and this is why. :(

• Sara K. says:

I’m glad you too think it’s hideous, I was hoping I was not alone. It’s too modern, and I don’t know how anyone could think this is anything but Brennan’s style, it looks like a single family home version of her loft, but with flora all around it. The only bit of Booth in it are some pieces of furniture, stadium seats, his wall hangings. The architecture, everything about the actual house is not Booth at all. He said he loved it, probably because he was finally home and saw his familiar stuff.

30. Love it! It’s differently Booth:)

31. uniqueme82 says:

Love the new house…so glad its not a RV. I think that the FBI used the bugs that Pelant planted to set Booth up and I’m still suspious of Booth’s new boss.

32. LYDIA says:

REALLY, REALLY? I LOVED THE CHARM OF THE OLD HOME. THIS ONE IS WAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MODERN. NO CHARM AT ALL. HATE IT. WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?

33. K Shock says:

it needs some color and warmth!

34. jewel maurer says:

List it. Looks to impersonal. Keep the jukebox though.

35. love the house..would totally keep it

36. Meg says:

I swear it is based on an architect of the 50’s & 60’s by the name of Eichler. we lived in one for many years and was part the family since the 60’s with the central glass ‘atrium’ and wall of windows on the outside living/dining room wall and vaulted ceilings throughout.

37. Robert V says:

Not usually a fan of mid-century modern residential architecture. However, every once in a while, one run’s across an abode such as this – and……I truly must admit that I find it oozes warmth & charm and seems extremely livable. Whenever I find such a house – I’m generally not surprised to find its architect to be none other than Frank Lloyd Wright. I don’t think he designed this one – but, it definitely embodies many – if not all, of the principles he was the creator of. Love it! My favorite house styles are Shingle, Gothic, and Tudor. So, for me to love this one – is truly amazing!

38. Ann Young says:

what happened to the house that Booth bought? the one they was going to fix up

• Betty says:

Ann,they did buy it and fixed it up !!!!! Watch the last episode of season 9.
      That’s what happened to the house that Booth bought

39. betty says:

New house set takes a little getting used to. not as cozy and comfy as old set. too many windows. new set does not radiate peace and comfort. I Like seeing some of the old things things carried over to the new set, juke box, stadium seats, old rotary telephone, etc Going to take some time to adjust.

40. Amaryllis says:

It looks a lot like my house, minus some antiquities, so I love it!

41. AP says:

Love it. Question why is master bedroom so open, no door and across the hall from Main house entry? I’m all for openness but even with “fog-windows,” the exposure to foyer is a bit much. Overall I’d buy the basic concept in a heartbeat. Also it’s all just television.