Fall TV Preview

The Flash Enlists Barry Allen's Original Love Interest as STAR Labs Rival

The Flash Amanda Pays

Barry Allen is reuniting with his old love. Sort of.

The CW’s Flash reboot has tapped original CBS series star Amanda Pays to reprise her role as Dr. Tina McGee, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Arrow

The genetics expert was the main ally and love interest of the titular superhero, played by John Wesley Shipp, who recurs as Barry Allen’s father on the CW series.

On the Arrow spin-off, Dr. McGee returns to Central City as an employee of a rival company to STAR Labs.

PHOTOS Flash First Look: John Wesley Shipp Passes the Torch to New Barry Allen

The Flash premieres Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 8/7c.

1. Jon says:

Interesting. But hmm, what rival company could that be? Kord Industries or perhaps Palmer Technologies?

2. L says:

I really need to rewatch my dvd of the original series before this one starts… It was cool for its time. Hope she gets a scene with Shipp.

3. Dare I say it, Wayne Enterprises?

4. Mo says:

This makes me happy.

5. Joey Padron says:

Cool two of stars of 90s The Flash show will be on new one.

6. Ken says:

LOVED her in Max Headroom!

7. Briggs says:

They *did* say Arrow couldn’t use Ted Kord because there were ‘other plans’ for him. Perhaps this is what they meant? There have been plenty of Easter Eggs for him, and he’s noted for being a science guy, moreso than other, more popular heroes (or villains). He was one of the guys in monitor duty while the JLA went out and kicked butt. I think he should get some airtime, too. I’m excited for the world they’re building between The Flash and Arrow. It makes for some big team-ups (or smaller ones) later on. I’m on board with this plan.

8. Nick says:

Want to bet there will be a seen where Shipp meets her and one of them will say ‘Have we met before?”?

9. I like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind
    of clever work and coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve included you
    guys to our blogroll.