New Once Upon a Time Poster Adds Big Chill to Classic Imagery

once-upon-a-time-frozen-poster2

The Evil Queen’s red apple is getting a frosty makeover.

The newest poster for Once Upon a Time Season 4 is a real eye-catcher, with Queen Elsa’s (played by Fringe’s Georgina Haig) big, blue peepers taking center stage as the infamous fruit freezes over.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop From 42 Returning Favorites, Including Once

Elsa and the rest of Frozen gang, including Anna (Elizabeth Lail), bro-in-law-to-be Kristoff (Greek‘s Scott Michael Foster) and that dastardly Hans (Shameless‘ Tyler Jacob Moore), make their Once debut when the ABC drama returns Sept. 28 at 8/7c.
Once Upon a Time Season 4 Poster

1. Moment says:

I like the frozen apple, the rest is rather bland.

2. What_EVAA says:

so, are we ever getting a poster that will include the ACTUAL Once Upon A Time core characters? Cause, Frozen is good, but this is too much… Some new Regina, Snow, Rumple and the rest of the gang pics/promo posters would be nice. Enough with all the Frozen fuss…

• Brandy says:

I agree I would like to see them, BUT if this pulls in new viewers, I’m all for it.

• abz says:

Agreed. So many people seem to be pissed by all the promotion for Frozen on the show, but if it means even the smallest increase in ratings and a chance for the show to continue on by bringing in new viewers or old ones who left, I’m all for it. I’m nowhere near ready for OUAT to end. There are so many Disney tales/characters that I want to see them tackle but haven’t yet. Would really love to seem them do Hercules in the future. the real Ursula, Hunchback/Esmerelda, Cruella, etc.

• Kay says:

Thank you for that perspective, as I hadn’t considered this. I’ve been so annoyed with the detraction from the characters we love, but I’m all for drawing in new fans! I’m hoping the story itself is going to be excellent (as they usually are with these writers).

• JJNotAbrams says:

Can you please tell me if they’ve done the Aladdin/Genie/Jafar/Jasmine story and what season was it? Thanks.

• abz says:

They did feature the Genie/Jafar/The Sultan/Agrabah in the OUAT in Wonderland spinoff, but I don’t think they’ve actually had Aladdin or Jasmine appear yet on either show.

• Mark says:

Given that this show shed viewers last year like a Husky sheds fur, you should be happy people actually care again.

• Moment says:

Not true at all. The show was stable in the 18-49 compared to Season 2b. The DVR numbers were stable compared to 2b also. Yes the show had some random drops, but they weren’t as bad as you’re making out.

• Jamie says:

Accurate. The show was remarkably stable overall in S3. Especially in relation to the rest of the TV landscape. Many of the lowest eps were positioned badly (Bleeding Through was on Easter weekend which is just ridiculous scheduling) and the two lowest were in December which is always a poor ratings period. As a whole, while the show was hardly screamingly hot, it was steady as she goes.

• Moment says:

Yup. I also thought the DVR gains were excellent for the show too. It consistently was getting low/mid 3s in the L+7 overall. I think Season 4a will have a strong start because of this and the Frozen story. Interest has always been there in the show.

• Larry says:

Well more specifically the show was remarkably stable in 3b. I guess all the wickedness captivating the ratings well enough for a pretty good outing. Some might argue, but a pretty good majority considered that arc a return to format, and returned the sparks of what made the show special, at least IMO, it was pretty good.

I bet frozen will be promising(especially the real snow queen elizabeth Mitchell character

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Demo ratings chart!
          ONCE S3 Ratings (Live+SD)

(That nasty Ep 18 dip is Easter Sunday.)

Season 3A averaged 7.2 million total viewers (Live+Same Day) and a 2.20 demo rating.
          Season 3B averaged 7.0 million total viewers (Live+Same Day) and a 2.17 demo rating.

• Larry says:

That’s pretty good, besides Easter, once stayed 2.0 or above in 3b.

As 3a dipped to 1.9, for most of its end run, 3b stayed high and didn’t lose attention really. Good season overall though, to bad for ressurection that theoretically was suppose to top that night.

Wonder what frozen/snow queen, and maleficent can pull off?

• TerriB says:

Yeah I agree. It seems like Frozen has taken over the show and they’ve forgotten about the other characters. Emma who? Now it’s all about Queen Elsa and I don’t care!

• Alice says:

Further proof the writers never had a plan for the series. As if they didn’t already have a crappy track record of just dropping the characters they already have introduced (Ruby, Whale,Mulan,Aurora, Maleficent,etc) now they seem to be desperately jumping on whatever Disney movie has the most momentum to get their story, not even pretending to have had a plan for the show.

3. Ray says:

So sock and tired of Frozen on OUAT vis-a-vis the marketing campaign, and the season hasn’t even started!

4. Andrew says:

I’d rather have promos with new footage (apart from what’s already been released) instead of all of these boring posters.

5. DarkDefender says:

Never seen Frozen (and never will), but that looks pretty cool.

6. TerriB says:

I’m not into Frozen and I really dislike how it’s just taken over the entire show. Let’s not forget about the main characters. It seems like a whole new show.

7. Rich Abey says:

Now that’s one classy poster!

8. Name That Tune says:

Incredibly bored with Frozen.

Seas4B, where are you?

9. Whatevah says:

Let’s just rename the show Frozen Once Upon A Time

10. Heather says:

Love the poster!!

11. pam says:

This should be interesting. …

12. Brigid says:

I like the poster and love Frozen. I just hope this arc is so good that all the whiny posters on here will be eating crow.

• Ray says:

Not very likely. Season 3 doesn’t inspire much confidence in OUAT’s writers. Jumping on the Disney feature film bandwagon only serves to strengthen my distrust in their abilities.

• Moment says:

If the material is there, why not? You do realize that Kitsis and Horowitz can use whatever Disney material they like pretty much with ABC/DIsneys blessing right? If it helps the ratings, I’m all for it.

13. Letti says:

I love it. It’s totally OUaT, yet it fits the Frozen theme. I hope we’ll get some icy cast photos too :D

14. Hans Isles says:

This poster is awsome.

15. Charleta Richey says:

I love this show however I have not seen frozen yet soooo I have to watch it before Sept. 28th so I am not lost!!! I can not wait!!!!!

16. lillian says: