Fall TV Preview

Reign Season 2 Photos: Francis and Lola Reunite, But [Spoiler] Isn't Safe

Reign Season 2

Forget the queen; when Reign returns for its sophomore season on Oct. 2, you’ll be saying, “God save everyone.”

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Reign

The CW on Friday released new stills from its historical drama’s Season 2 premiere, which finds Francis heroically arriving at Lola’s side, just as we left him after last season’s finale. This new gallery also gives us our first look at Sean Teale as Conde, Francis’ new confidant — though knowing this show, I’m sure he’ll try to have Francis killed before the hour is up.

Speaking of which, it looks like Nostradamus’ days might be numbered, as the once-revered — and once-bearded — seer is taken into custody. (Seriously, though, where did his beard go?)

Lastly, there’s a glorious shot of Mary laying down the law, which was previously shared by TVLine as part of our Fall TV Spectacular.

Browse our gallery of season premiere photos below, then drop a comment: How do you hope the drama will play out next month?

1. Lore says:

WTF happened to Nostradamus!!!!!

2. ggny says:

Anyone got a idea when the 1st season will end up on Netflixs? Would really like to check this out before season 2

• Lynn says:

On 9/23 (when the actual DVD set is released) but I don’t know if you can stream it. Looks like they’ll only have it on discs?

3. Tran says:

Reign is still the show I really don’t care about.

4. Lanie says:

I hope REIGN stays strong in ratings. I wish football had been placed on Mondays, like it used to be, right? The Bash and Kenna marriage is great. I hope Lord Castleroy and Greer have a stupendous wedding. Let Leith get it on with someone else. I know Season two will really rock. Looking so forward to this. REIGN on!

5. Lizo says:

SO EXCITED!!! I love this show so much.

6. spindae2 says:

All the new footage and promo material I saw for S02 looks really good. I just hoped they would cast some bigger names and attract some viewers but okay I have hope season 2 will get back into their old rating glory.

7. ChrisGa says:

One of the best guilty pleasures on network television(yes, unlike some, I consider the CW an actual network). If nothing else, one should watch just to see one of the most sublimely entertaining performances anywhere from one Megan Follows.

8. Kay says:

I just want to say I really loved this show in the beginning of it’s first season, the love triangle kept me so interested. Now I was a Mash fan and I must say I have lost complete interest after all these interviews with producers saying that whole storyline between Sebastian and Mary is dead. I understand that they are trying to make the Kenna/bash storyline strong to replace it but I feel like this show was falsely advertised with always putting Mary in the middle of the two bash and Francis and making it seem like Bash and her had some unexpected yet strong love connection. Why bother with all that just to completely dash all Mash shippers hopes the first season out? I wouldn’t be surprised if the show doesn’t last past this season, you don’t alienate a group of fans like that. I get that this is historical but the whole point of watching shows on The CW of all networks is to be entertained if I wanted a history lesson I would watch the History channel. I feel like the EP has really lead us fans of the angsty triangle down a sad road that ended with last season. I will not be tuning in for another season of disappointment I mean we know for sure how her story with Francis will end, so why bother? Ugh such a waste. In my eyes this show had massive potential and thanks to it’s creators just lost my attention as well as many other Bash fans.