Fall TV Preview

Sleepy Hollow Season 2 Photos: Abbie and Ichabod Bust Out the Big Guns

Sleepy Hollow Season 2

The town of Sleepy Hollow is officially becoming a war zone in Season 2 — like, even more than it already was.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Sleepy Hollow

New photos from the Fox drama’s Sept. 22 season premiere find Abbie and Ichabod — who obviously do make it out of a coffin and purgatory, respectively — patrolling the not-so-sleepy town, guns (and crossbows) blazing. We also see Jenny doing a bit of snooping, as well as Henry (aka War!) being his usual, terrifying self.

As Fox’s official (and obviously spoilery) description for the episode reads, “With Henry’s emergence as the Horseman of War, alongside the Headless Horseman, Sleepy Hollow has never been so close to destruction.”

In case you’re unclear, now would be the appropriate time to panic.

Browse our gallery of premiere photos below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on Season 2: How do you hope this all plays out?

1. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

As much as I am excited to see pictures for S2 of Sleepy Hollow I am really sad to see that Ichabod and Abbie are already together. I was really hoping that they would spend 1 or 2 episodes apart. One is in purgatory and the other is encased in a spell, wrapped in vines and stuck 6 foot under, these are really difficult situations to get out of. Not to mention Jennie might be in the hospital due to the care accident. Please, please tptb don’t screw up s2 of Sleepy Hollow, I will feel really sad to have to drop the show if s2 sucks!

• wordsmith says:

I agree that it does seem a little bit quick to get them out of such a dire predicament. Unless there’s some time-jumping going on and we get flashbacks to show how they escaped after a lengthy captivity.

• Moment says:

I suspect flashbacks are a likely possibility, I just can’t see how they could escape without the help of a third party. I think maybe someone helps Abbie escape and she then helps Ichabod.

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I don’t want this to sound clichéd but I really want Abbie to rescue herself. I lover her character. Yes she is emotionally damaged but she is strong, intelligent and capable. And it is not that she won’t take help from other people but I really want to see her work out how to get out of purgatory on her own. If she has to break a few ghoulish heads that is fine as long as it shows her also working in an intelligent way to find an escape route. She was going to join the FBI!! And she is a witness. And it would be great to see her rescue Ichabod. It doesn’t make him weak, as he too isn’t above accepting help. This is a great male/female team. Strength and intelligence on both sides. Don’t let me down show!

• Angela says:

Not clichéd at all, no-I feel the same way! She’s tough and smart, she can easily find her way out of any situation :). I’d love for her to be the one getting out and rescuing others.
            I’m personally not too bugged about her and Ichabod getting out of their respective situations so soon, but those who are raise some very good points as to why they would prefer a little more time apart. Hopefully the show will at least show them struggling along the way, because you do make the great argument that those are not easy situations to get out of. Guess we’ll see in less than two weeks how it all pants out!
            Anyway, love the photo gallery. Great to see everyone back and in fighting mode. And Henry looks suitably creepy in the photo where he’s walking down through that room. So excited.

• herman1959 says:

DITTO!

• Moment says:

I don’t think Abbie being helped out of Purgatory would lessen her character in any way, if anything I would call it a special circumstance. She’s currently in a place that is practically impossible to leave which has an all powerful demon watching over it. I think anyone in her situation would be completely out of their depth.

• becca says:

But, Abbie’s supposed to “save herself” to prove what? That she’s superwoman? She needs as much rescuing as anyone in the show. It’s perfect acceptable that she’s rescued. If you’re OK with Katrina waiting around to be rescued, then you should be perfectly fine with Abbie being rescued. It’s won’t make her weak to be rescued.

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I am not a fan of the flashback. But if there is a show that I trust to pull it off in an interesting way it is Sleepy Hollow.

• uk-usa-tvaddict says:

sorry if this is a double post.

• dman6015 says:

Um, sure, let’s keep the main stars of the show separated as long as possible. That would be like keeping Mulder and Scully separated as they tried to solve cases. Oh, that’s right, they did for a while, then the show sucked!

• uh huh says:

Ichabod is mortal, and buried alive. Exactly how long do you think he can survive under there? NOT LONG. He’s got HOURS at most to get out of there before he suffocates,

2. kd86953 says:

i am sooooo stoked for this show to return!

3. GeoDiva says:

We have been waiting since February. I want my Sleepy Hollow!

4. Pat says:

Excited for season two to start up. Thank goodness, Sept. 22nd will be coming up quickly!

5. sladewilson says:

Ichabod and Abbie are my faves, period. So I’m glad to see them together early instead of dragging it out. Their partnership is the glue of the show. I can’t wait for Sleepy Hollow to start again!!!

6. Guest says:

They boys are back in town! And the apocalypse is going to get bigger than ever!

7. QueenKunt says:

WHERE THE FRICK IS SLEEPY HOLLOW TONIGHT?!!

• QueenKunt says:

IT’S THURSDAY!! ALL OVER THE WEB IT MENTIONS SEPT 11TH – THE VESSEL OR SEPT 11TH… WATCH TONIGHT.. SLEEPY HOLLOW… I RARELY GET TO ENJOY LIFE AND WAS COUNTING ON IT BEING ON TONIGHT!!! WHY CAN’T I GET A STRAIGHT FORWARD FRICKING SCHEDULE FROM FOX OR A TV SCHEDULE SITE? TIME WARNER STINKING CABLE DOESN’T EVEN SHOE IT COMING ON AGAIN… EVER!!!! And while I’m on a Rant….. WHY DOES TOM MISON LOOK SO HOT ON THE SHOW AND THEN CASTRATED OFF THE SHOW? Major KUDOS to the STYLISTS AND MAKE-UP ARTISTS ON THE SHOW… EVERYONE ON THE SHOW SHOULD TRY TO FOLLOW THAT LOOK IN REAL LIFE… SO MUCH BETTER HOLY COW!

• uh huh says:

WHY DO YOU SCREAM????

The premiere ratings for Hell’s Kitchen sucked big time, so FOX decided to air it again on Thursday in hopes of finding more viewers. That’s what happened to SH on Thursday.

And wtf are you talking about regarding Tom Mison? He’s hot at Ichabod, and hot as himself.