Fall TV Preview

ABC Scoops: Once Upon a Time Snow Monster, Peggy Carter on S.H.I.E.L.D., a Grey's Secret Gets Out and More

ONCE UPON A TIME“A Tale of Two Sisters” — A scared and confused Elsa finds herself in Storybrooke and, fearful of the intentions of its residents, creates a powerful snow monster for protection. With Robin Hood’s wife, Marian, back in the picture, Regina wonders if her “happily ever after” with the former thief has been completely quashed; while on their honeymoon, Mr. Gold finds an intriguing object that makes him question whether or not he should officially give Belle control over the dagger that makes him The Dark One, and Hook is dismayed to discover that Emma seems to be avoiding him while she tries to help comfort Regina after being the one responsible for bringing Marian back from the past and into Storybrooke. Meanwhile, in Arendelle of the past, as Elsa’s sister Anna’s wedding to Kristoff nears, Anna discovers that their parents – who died on-ship during a violent storm – were heading to a mysterious destination in a quest that may have held the secret to containing Elsa’s out of control Ice powers. And against Elsa’s wishes, Anna wants to finish their journey to find out what they were looking for.

ABC’s fall TV season doesn’t arrive in earnest for another couple of weeks, but to tide you over until then, the network has released synopses for the premieres of Once Upon a Time, Grey’s Anatomy and several other returning favorites.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Much, of course, has been covered or hinted at in TVLine’s Fall Preview Spectaacular, but there are still some nuggets of scoopishness — including some curious Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. guest casting — to be discovered. So without further ado, get flipping through the ABC Returning Favorites slideshow.

1. Tran says:

The only returning ABC series I’m looking forward to: SCANDAL

2. JJ says:

The Goldbergs is cute, but everything else on ABC I could do without. Shows that were once good are now a soapy mess.

3. Dean says:

Wow Once really is milking this Frozen thing for all its worth.

• zacqua10 says:

i think it makes sense to do the Frozen flashbacks. They wrote themselves into a corner in season two by running out of story to tale in FTL past. Part of what I’ve been hating about the show is them cramming in random flashbacks that were clearly thought of last minute. I guess that’s what happens when the producers don’t keep a show bible.

4. lea says:

Kind of hoping OUAT doesn’t overkill with Frozen. I’m already annoyed with how much coverage it’s getting in the premiere.

5. I’m hanging in there and continuing with OUAT, because I’m stubborn. I did the same thing with Heroes, and that show had a lot of the same problems OUAT does, imo. Rumple, Belle, The Knave, The Fairies (including Maleficent later it seems), Dr. Whale, Sidney Glass, Red, Granny, and a handful of others are what will keep me tuned in for S4.

• Daisy says:

I am like that Rumbelle (Rumpeltskin and Belle) got married. They are my favorite characters.
      I am curious how they are going to go through thing. I just hope the writers don’t made Rumbelle separate.

6. Lisa says:

After that season finale I couldn’t think it was possible but I’m excited again for OUAT. :) Emma/Regina scenes are always awesome and the plot 4 Frozen looks interesting.

7. Pat says:

Thank you for the info on some of the shows that I watch. OUAT, Grey’s Anatomy, Revelation, and Modern Family which I know, was not on this list, but I just had to throw it in there are on my watch list. I have so many shows that will be on my watch list so my poor DVR, will be working extra hard this FALL.

8. M. says:

Why am I not surprised, that ABC didnt’t release anything Castle-related? They’re promoting even worse than they already did the last few seasons. And that says something.

It’s like they really really try to get rid of it this season…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

CASTLE premieres the following week; this press release only covered through Sunday, Sept. 28.

• c-mo says:

Well that’s the first indication that they couldn’t care less about it, they’re not even allowing it to premiere with the rest of the shows to take advantage of the automatic hype.

9. Brigid says:

Can’t wait! The only network shows I watch are on ABC and The CW. Totally anticipating S.H.I.E.L.D., Castle, The Middle, OUAT and Ressurection.

10. Ally Oop says:

4 returning ABC shows for me are Nashville, Revenge, Grey’s Anatomy and The Goldbergs. I am also planning to watch the Frozen storyline on OUAT with my daughters who are obscessed with Frozen.

11. herman1959 says:

The premise of The Middle premiere sounds like one of a very few fresh ideas – congratulations to the writers, it should be very funny.

• herman1959 says:

I also meant to say that Resurrection sounds great – he lost a week’s worth of time. This plot point alone could fire half of the season…great!

12. meresger says:

Clearly OUAT is trying to draw in more families/kids with the Frozen storyline and more soap opera type viewers with the badly written romances and in both cases the integrity of the show has been completely axed, IMO. They *never* should have broken the Curse at the end of S1. The main characters are nothing but love interests who have no purpose other than to run around like idiots whenever a new villain/family member shows up; and just as bad, they rewrote the show’s canon with time travel (which Adam and Eddy originally said they would *never ever* do) when the writers couldn’t figure out what to do with their original storyline/caved to the studio’s demands to dumb down/sex up the show to try and increase stagnant ratings. They must figure Frozen will give them the boost they need to make it to the 100 episode syndication mark, because otherwise OUAT is not cool and inventive anymore; it’s stale and useless like that desiccated magic bean — and it doesn’t look like the showrunners have any magical restorative waters to fix their baby if they’re relying on the newest marketing fad to draw viewers rather than innovative writing. There’s nothing worse than a show that was once new and different turning into the same old cliches, tropes, and marketing gimmicks. Someone here referenced Heroes, and that’s exactly what OUAT has become. A bunch of dysfunctional characters with super powers that the writers can’t decide if they are good guys or bad guys or what they’re even fighting for or against anymore without contradicting their own canon.Too bad.

• Larry says:

Ok we get it, you don’t like the show anymore. But we’ve all known frozen’s inclusion for a long time. And it could really turn out to really be good, and the maleficent arc could finish out the season well. We all know who the heroes and the good guys are. Regina is just in a bad state, but she ain’t gonna be evil. And it’s clearly stated the season is about “never give up on the people you love” that’s what they fighting for, and also against a menacing threat that will ruin it(presumably the original snow queen). The show hasn’t lost it’s integrity. They are not making sequels to past FTl stuff, or movies. Just using it to incorporate with the world into a clever view, and the finale was great, especially for Emma’s character IMO.

I’ll give you that s2 was bad, but s3 improved on the mistakes, and gave two(flawed) but nicely told arcs, but wicked honestly was fresh and renewed energy. True some head scratchers but it finally put things really going in the right direction.

As for this upcoming arc, instead of criticizing that a show brought in a recent movie like already several have done, why not give it a chance, or hold judgement at least. Besides it’s speculated they combining frozen and snow queen into an intriguing story

13. Daisy says:

once upon a time is an awesome show!
    I love the finale of season 3. Rumpelstiltskin and Belle are my favorite characters in this show, and them getting married was the thing that made the show more interesting. To see how they work together now that there married. I just hope the show writers don’t make them go through to much c trouble that makes them separate apart.. Like the whole story with Rumpeltskin
    giving Belle a fake dagger and also killing the wicked which of the west when she told him not to. But she did kill Neal. Rumbelle (Rumpelstiltskin and Belle) should stay married, not separated!!

14. Daisy says:

The episode that made me get interested in the show was season one episode named Skin Deep. The first episode with Belle. That’s what interested me to watch the show. After that episode I had to start from season one episode one.
    So I like that Rumbelle got married. If the writers make Rumbelle separate I wouldn’t watch the show anymore.

15. Kristina says:

Ooh, the Frozen storyline sounds way more interesting than I originally thought, I’m excited!

16. zac says:

really excited for grey’s and nashville! I wonder how they’ll handle the will on camera confession and hayden panettiere’s pregnancy