Video: Is the Veronica Mars Spin-Off, as Dick Puts It, 'Pretty Awesome'?

Would fun catchphrases, “barely dressed hot chicks” and a motorcycle give you enough reasons to sample a Veronica Mars spin-off about Dick Casablancas, P.I.?

RELATED Veronica Mars Boss and Cast Tackle Burning Qs About Logan’s Career, ‘LoVe’s’ Future and More

A new teaser is out for Play It Again, Dick, the web series premiering Sept. 16 on the CW Seed channel and offering a mighty meta tale in which Mars costar Ryan Hansen lobbies to co-opt the success of this year’s Kickstarted movie sequel into a series of his own.

PHOTOS Every Veronica Mars Episode, From Worst to Best

Watch Ryan make his case to Veronica herself, Kristen Bell, then share your early verdict on this Dick-ensian offshoot.

1. lulu says:

I can’t wait to watch it ! It will be fun fun fun..

2. Moment says:

Interesting teaser, but I think if anything most fans are hoping for another Veronica Mars movie, or a series revival.

• David4 says:

Yeah. I’d even take a real spinoff, but this is more a fake reality show about getting a fake spinoff made. While I’ll probably watch it, it’s not what I want.

3. Drew says:

It isn’t what we want, but it is a smart move. Any new Veronica Mars related material keeps the franchise active while the studio decides whether or not to make a sequel.

• David4 says:

I’m hoping for Netflix series personally. The books are also keeping it alive, the second comes out in january now.

• Moment says:

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing it back on the CW as a 10-13 episode summer series. The fanbase alone would make it average .6-.8 18-49 weekly.

• David4 says:

It can’t be a network show because of legal issues with House of Lies and Kristen Bell’s contract. The beautiful thing with Netflix is that it goes around silly things like that.

• rawley says:

Yeah, I also don’t think it would find many viewers on the CW based on their current demographics and (terrible) programming. Netflix is exactly where this show belongs. But I’m definitely excited about Play it Again, Dick, and am loving the books. Keep it comin’, Rob Thomas!

4. cyclone says:

Rob Thomas along with Veronica and Co. have yet to steer me wrong or mess with my fandom emotions like other shows have cough*HIMYM*cough so I will always give something from them a chance.

5. Mj says:

Dicks one of my favorite vm characters I’m looking forward to this but I’d really really love a 2nd movie or netflix season

6. Drew says:

But seriously, Dick as a PI is pretty much just Vinnie Van Lowe, right?

How about a spinoff where Dick funds Vinnie’s business and becomes a partner.

7. Tran says:

That Ryan Hansen. He’ll always be Candy Andy from 2 Broke Girls Season 2 in our hearts.

8. Et al says:

It’s an odd way for the franchise to continue, but I’m sure it will be awesome.

9. That is just a handful of great spordt bikes thaat can be used by riders of any level, even beginners.
    Funbari: Type of katana blade that is noticeably wider near
    the base notch than regular katana blade. Also, We recommend some good top golf clubs to
    you.

10. Gravity says:

I was in the minute I saw Kyle Gallner on the cast list. I can’t wait to see how his departed little bro is incorporated back into the Dick show.

11. Becky says:

I can’t wait for this. Anything VM is amazing. I’m have everything crossed for a film sequel!
    What are the chances everyone would be willing to drop their lives and make VM a daily show? ;)

12. VM4EVR says:

I’d watch it ;)

13. gb says:

Dick is a jerk and an abuser of woman. Why is he being celebrated?.

14. Brigid says:

Dick Casablancas is the funniest character. I nearly peed myself during the VM movie with the whole brownie scene, he is a breath of fresh air. I’d watch!!!!