Fall TV Preview

NBC's Constantine Casts DC Comics' Det. Jim Corrigan AKA The Spectre

NBC Constantine Casting

NBC’s Constantine has cast Irishman Emmett Scanlan in the recurring role of Detective Jim Corrigan, who per DC Comics lore one day becomes the avenging spirit The Spectre.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites

Per Entertainment Weekly, which first reported on the casting, Corrigan on the NBC freshman is a New Orleans homicide detective “who doesn’t let … red tape stop him from putting away the bad guys, even if the bad guys turn out to be inhuman.”

RELATED Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All That’s New!

Scanlan’s previous TV credits include BBC Three’s In the Flesh, the Irish-British crime drama The Fall and the British soap Hollyoaks (as Brendan Brady).

Constantine — which stars Welsh actor Matt Ryan — debuts Friday, Oct. 24 at 10/9c, where it will lead out of Grimm.

1. Sarah says:

Yay. Love seeing Irish people on TV. And he is great.

2. Bri says:

Love Emmett, I first saw him as Brendan Brady on Hollyoaks and then In the Flesh. He’s fantastic in the darker roles

3. Abbey says:

Is this a regular or recurring role?

4. Shannon says:

Yes!!! I love him! Great actor. Happy to see him getting some more recognition :)

5. Janeen says:

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist
    with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get
    my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not
    seeing very good gains. If you know of any please
    share. Appreciate it!

6. James says:

It’s the dude from Hollyoaks!

7. M3rc Nate says:

I absolutely LOVE the Spectre, and i cant wait for him to be on TV (i’d prefer a serious, dark, Netflix mini series but…i’ll take what i can get).

My only issue has always been…where does the drama come from? Because the Spectre is Gods Vengeance manifested…it is the third most powerful being in the DCU behind God himself (aka “Presence”) and a second being i forget who he is…but after that, its the Spectre…with the power of a God…i mean with his mind he can destroy or create anything…with a snap of his fingers theres no one he cant kill…so where does the tension come from? He has no kryptonite.

• Prawny says:

I imagine if they go so far as killing Corrigan and bringing him back as The Spectre, they’ll power him down somewhat so it’ll work for a narrative/supernatural action horror drama series.

8. Tess says:

I wasn’t planning on watching Constantine, but I am now. Love Emmett; he’s a fantastic actor and now I actually am interested in this show so kudos to the casting directors for picking him for the role.

9. Rook says:

What does this mean for a season 3 of In the Flesh?

10. whoah this weblog is great i love reading your posts.

Stay up the good work! You understand, a lot
    of persons are searching round for this information, you could help
    them greatly.

11. EJ386 says:

This is awesome news. I loved him as Brendan, best evil-soap-villain I’ve seen ever.