It's Official: The View Adds Rosie Perez, Nicolle Wallace as Co-Hosts

Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace on The View

Whoopi and Rosie, it’s time to meet your respective matches.

Actress/activist Rosie Perez (White Men Can’t Jump) and political commentator Nicolle Wallace have officially joined The View as the talk show’s latest co-hosts, ABC announced Wednesday.

Both women have served as guest co-hosts on the daytime series — Perez in February, and Wallace three times in the past. They’ll replace former co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy (who exited the talker last month) and sit alongside Whoopi Goldberg and returning co-host Rosie O’Donnell. (Two Rosies at one table? That won’t be confusing.)

RELATED  Watch Jenny McCarthy’s View Farewell

“These are powerful and accomplished women from different walks of life who have had amazing personal and professional experiences. Each brings incredible perspective and information to the table,” said The View executive producer Bill Wolff (who replaces exiting EP Bill Gedde).

The View kicks off Season 18 on Sept. 15.

How’s The View looking with Perez and Wallace on board? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.

1. cjinsd says:

Rosie Perez talking…can’t think of a voice I’d rather hear less.

• Robby Horine says:

I can, two in fact. Rosie O and Whoopi.

• Kalikym says:

Exactly! I love that voice of Rosie Perez squeaky at best. Perez is aggressive and probably will interrupt conversation in appropriately. I stop watching years ago but can I suggest another younger anchor would be entertaining.

• Cassandra says:

I’d put her at a tie with Fran Drescher.

• Curly says:

The moment I read Rosie Perez’s name as one of the new co-hosts, I knew I’d never watch the View again. I cannot bear her incredibly annoying voice. Anything intelligent she says is weakened once her grating voice speaks. Nails on a chalkboard to me. Still love Whoopie, but not enough to sit through that screeching voice. Good luck View!

• I agree, Curly. I have recorded and watched the show from the beginning, but this is IT, I didn’t watch Perez when she guest- hosted once only? There were so many lovely educated Latinas who guested several times! With the producer from Maddow, the show will be totally political with them ganging up on Nicolle; mark my words.
        We have gained an hour to do something more entertaining, such as, I don’t know….workout? Iron? read the newspaper!

• sarah says:

Soooooooo true!!

2. TV Gord says:

Well, at least Wallace is under 40, but at 38, they are still going against part of Barbara’s philosophy of the show of having women of different ages.

• Temperance says:

Considering that 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s are represented, I’m not sure what you mean – there are only 4 slots, and plenty of guests.

• herman1959 says:

DITTO!

• TV Gord says:

The original intent was to have a “young one” (Debbie Matenopoulous, Lisa Ling, Elisabeth Hasselbeck). I guess that demo doesn’t matter anymore. Only on this show, though, since the demos are all about attracting younger eyes.

By the way, since my original post, I have since discovered that Wallace is 42. (sigh)

• Fran says:

Actually, TV Gord is right. Between these four women, only 40’s and 50’s are represented (and Wallace will be the only one actually left in her 40’s when the show starts). It would have been nice if the show could have found someone in their 30’s to represent that age group.

• S. says:

I hear you on the age thing. I think they did try to get a young conservative for ratings and ended up here instead–I wonder if they tried to get McCain’s daughter. I bet the people who fit in well and were younger might not’ve wanted to do it or weren’t able or something. Remember there are all kinds of outlets for them where they don’t have to expect to get challenged every day and maybe for more money. Someone grounded that can challenge the liberals on the show while everyone is respectful…it’s a balance that no shows really seem to fully get. They try, but it’s hard. It’d be nice to watch with enthusiasm and go ‘that’s a good point’ with all of the women on the show, questioning my original view on whatever topic. I’d really love to watch that View.

3. S. says:

Loooove Rosie. She’s always so great on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I refused to watch a single show when Jenny was on because of how The View gave her a platform for her ignorant anti-vaxx position. Just being on the show increased her profile and the increasing rate of parents opting out of vaccinations in California alone is appalling. Glad she’s out.

4. tenofclubs says:

Love Rosie Perez as well as Rosie O’Donnell…..

5. Blue None says:

Should be a lib gab fest…even more than usual. Never watch it…and cartainly want watch it now. I hate that insane Rosie.

• Robby Horine says:

With Rachel Maddow’s former producer, what else would you expect?

• TV Gord says:

Wallace is a conservative, but (like McCain) not one who falls in line with ALL of the conservative talking points, so that may not be conservative enough for some people).

6. Drew says:

Who would give Rosie Perez a talk show? Nails, meet chalkboard.

And their new republican is someone that even most Republicans don’t like. Way to go.

• Joey says:

If by “most Republicans” you mean “Sarah Palin and people crazy enough to listen to her”, then you’d be right.

• Drew says:

And what the show really needs in this mix is someone who isn’t afraid to dislike Sarah Palin, right? Someone a little less conservative than the others, who are obviously far right leaning.

• Joey says:

No, what I’m saying is that Sarah Palin is completely insane, as is anyone who agrees with her ideology, which should be completely evident if you know who Sarah Palin is. Then again, judging from past posts I’ve seen from you, you probably fall right into her political wheelhouse.

• TV Gord says:

If you would look beyond your prejudices, you would find that she is actually a very bright woman with a lot of valid opinions.

• Drew says:

Yeah, but you could say that about a bunch of liberals too and that wouldn’t make the show diverse or interesting

• TV Gord says:

Why don’t you watch it with an open mind first. ;-)

• Drew says:

That would suggest that any one of these women are unfamiliar in terms of what they think or how they express those views. What good would it serve to watch more of what we have already seen many times over in different venues? The only thing that will change is the mix of people on this specific stage. Unless they add a gong, what will be new or unfamiliar?

• TV Gord says:

Just watch (or read her autobiography). You might be surprised.

• DanT2590 says:

Look at stupid Elizabeth. She was dumb, had a horrible voice, and the only qualifications she had was she knew how to scream and to lose on a reality show! And how long was she on?? And now another network hired her…is it FOX??

• TV Gord says:

She isn’t dumb. You just don’t agree with her.

• CIP says:

Elizabeth Hasselback gets a bad rap just because she is a Republican/conservative. If you actually watched her on “The View” you would have seen that she seems more intelligent than both Sherri and Jenny. I’m a liberal but in the whole issue between her and O’Donnell, I sided with Elisabeth. We need to respect our differences without insulting people.

7. rt says:

Omg Rosie Perez I like her in a movie but as a co host I dont think so and Nicolle wallace never heard of her. that wont work. so many people out there that would be great co hosts
    I wont be watching anymore

8. Deena says:

I couldn’t think of where I knew Nicole Wallace from. Then I realized I was thinking of Olivia d’Abo’s reoccurring character on Law & Order Criminal Intent. Apparently she made more of an impact on me than this woman joining The View.

• Wendy says:

So funny, because I thought the same thing. Granted, fictional Nicole only had one L, but all I could think of was she wasn’t dead after all and went from a fake professor to a fake panelist.

9. Ants says:

I look forward to seeing Whoopi, Rosie, Rosie and Nicolle. They each will bring a different point of view to The View. Nicolle was a senior adviser for McCain/Palin campaign. I enjoyed her book It’s Complicated was an excellent read with a coocoo for cocoa puffs main character inspired by Sarah Palin I am sure. Good luck to all the co-hosts.

10. karen says:

I won’t be watching

11. irish1139 says:

I like Nicolle Wallace. Her politics aren’t mine but she is not obnoxious about differences in political opinions. She is a very smart lady. I love both Rosies, and my most favorite woman in the world is Whoopie. I am looking forward to an intelligent, entertaining show. My husband and I never miss The View.

12. Yoki says:

Would have loved Sunny Hostin.

13. Charissa29 says:

On the plus side, we can assume they know the Earth is round.

14. Nana3 says:

I been watching this show off and on since the beginning and I think I will watch one week and make a decision if I want to continue watching. I want to at least give it a chance. If these ladies don’t work out they will replace them. I don’t see them doing those off the wall segments but see more hot topics and guests. I am sure they will do the fashion shows, cooking and things of that nature.

• DanT2590 says:

If they don’t work it’s time for THE VIEW to shut down. It’s been on too long anyway. They’re just trying to beat a dead horse [with Walters still there] and see if they can get it to take a few steps.

• TV Gord says:

Is Walters still there? I’ve read (not confirmed, though) that she sold her share of the show to ABC this summer. As for shutting it down, I guess you don’t pay attention to the ratings.

15. Tran says:

Rosie Perez & Nicole Wallace = EPIC FAILS

16. joe says:

ugh…a PR, a lesbo , a Black panther and a bigot….jerry springer?

17. DanT2590 says:

I LOVE Rosie Perez! This might actually get me to watch the show. I thought I might try it again after Elizabeth was fired, but then Barbara Walters was there almost constantly plugging what a great person she is. If she hadn’t forced one of the others to say something great about her, she’d just say it herself about herself. So after twice trying to watch it, I quit like so many other people I know.

If it annoys Elizabeth that Rosie is going back, it may be worth trying to watch or at least record the show so I can FF through stuff I don’t want to listen to. With Bill G. being replaced too, it might turn out to be a decent show. Might actually quit recording THE TALK!

18. sw says:

Whatever…..

19. T.W.123 says:

Excited to see the return of smart, politically aware women to The View this fall! I’ll watch every episode. Interested to see where they take it from here…

20. Joe Petitjean says:

I LIKE it and them

21. TinLV says:

Actually, these choices are better than some of the names that have been bandied about. I always watch, regardless of who is hosting, and I don’t expect that to change.

22. Dorothy Petrie says:

I will not be watching.

23. Brandon says:

The ONLY thing I’m interested in seeing is the new set. These cohosts seem like such terrible choices. I’ll just stick with Wendy Williams and Ellen.

24. JON says:

So, who’s the conservative?

25. Mary Scott says:

Should prove to be very interesting!!

26. Marily Dikens says:

what were they thinking of adding these 2 – Rosie Perez puuullleeezzzeeee – Whoopi is the best – Rosie – so so but Perez and her voice – can’t stand her – Nicole Wallace – never heard of her – they had so many others they could have chosen – not a good move and Rosie is just the ball breaker

27. Rosie O’Donnell is reason enough not to watch

28. Excited about the new season! I’m liking the newer “Grown-ass women” show!!! People, the world & the times have changed everyone!!! Change is good, remember?!?Can’t make everyone happy, no matter how hard Ya try!!

29. rian says:

They went from bad to worse.

30. tandb says:

Won’t be watching that is for sure.

31. Love Whoopi and Rosie O. I usually watch the View when I like the guests and sometimes for Hot Topics. I think Rosie P was only hired so Rosie O would want to get out of her contract.

32. Norkir says:

After remaining a die hard fan of the show from day one and surviving countless changes, I may have to sign off permanently! The proof will be in the puddin’

33. Laura Markl says:

I vote for people to just stop watching the show and let the ratings drop so low they would just cancel The View. I can count on one hand the number of times I have watched The View in the past year. The last day of Joy, Barbara, and Sherri.

34. Bobby says:

Can’t wait to see the two Rosies and Whoopi. I have no idea who the other woman is but she looks like a republican and not sure I’ll like her.

35. Snowpetal says:

I was looking forward to the return of the mercurial Ms. O’Donnell and Whoopi is always smart and fair. But Rosie Perez? Oh my goodness, what a poor choice! I thought they’d learned their lesson after this last disastrous season with the vapid Jenny McCarthy. Happy to see her go, along with the endlessly self-aggrandizing Barbara Walters, I thought, YES! I can finally watch the View again without fast-forwarding. I was sadly mistaken; no amount of coffee can numb me to the grating voice of R.P. She is not likable or interesting, she’s pushy, annoying and loud. With all the other choices out there, why her?

36. Carla says:

Will never watch again. Rosie Perez really? Wouldn’t watch it even if it was muted( better than her voice)

37. Rockie says:

There goes my hour with the view. I can’t believe they actually chose Perez as a cohost really what are they thinking! Never again will I watch the view that woman has the most annoying voice on the face of this planet. Besides Mrs. Fran Dreshner I actually like her she’s funny. What are the views producers smoking!!!

38. LABete says:

Worst. Panel. Evah.

39. Cindis says:

Just another reason not to watch Rosie Perez please her voice is like a screaming monkey with
    Ebola . And a new version of Elizabeth hasselback. Let’s see who leaves first.

40. E.F. Coleman says:

Just so happy to have “I got married for all the world to see, and my slow son is so amusing” Shepherd, and “I’m always on but is so not funny” McCarthy are both gone. Will never watch but new big mouths can’t hurt.

41. linda buell says:

Rosie Perez, I agree cannot think of a voice I’d rather hear less of. Not much of a thought process when it came to hiring her Will miss seeing Whoopi as I will NOT be tuning into the view again

42. Madelyn Rivera says:

I think that everyone needs a chance and they will keep it real with Rosie Perez at the view .

• DanT2590 says:

I really think the 2 Rosies and Whoopi are going to be an interesting group! As long as they can keep Barbara Walters off the set!! Rosie P’s voice is different…. but look at Elizabeth Hasselbeck that they kept around forever. She screamed and threw tantrums all the time with that horrible voice of hers. Rosie P at least has a brain! Not just mindless screaming. I’m going to actually watch the first 3 shows and make a decision whether or not I’ll continue DVR-ing it!

43. DanT2590 says:

I must admit, I tried watching the show. It really wasn’t very good. I watched about the first 20 minutes. When I saw Barbara sitting in a chair with all of them kissing her ring, that pretty much did it for me. She’s never going to stay out of the picture!

44. anniebella says:

That Wallace lady is a hell of alot better then that Elisabeth lying Hasslebeck.

• DanT2590 says:

Totally agree with you. And she wasn’t screaming to make a point that she didn’t understand she was even trying to make. She was just screaming loud for attention! And the tribute to Joan Rivers was really touching!

45. Wendy says:

i HATED THE SHOW AND WILL NOT WATCHIT AGAIN. IT WAS TERRIBLE.

46. Chicsimple says:

Rosie Perez is just so annoying. Her voice drives me crazy. At least Wallace adds a little class, which quits frankly is missing on this show !!!! Please make some changes!!!

47. Eva says:

Wendy Williams has done it again with her mouth in saying Rosie Perez would be a good fit for The View WRONG AND WRONG SOME MORE and that Nicolle Wallace is cold and seems uncomfortable around minority people her vibe is terrible,it’s not a good fit a all and I love Rosie Perez but this show is wrong for her she’s not comfortable too bad. people remember when Wendy suggested Max for dancing with the stars as a judge we all know that was badddd
    Wendy keep your mouth closed!

48. Ruth C says:

I think they are both refreshing and very smart I also think you can’t beat the wise Whoopie. I am watching again.

49. Brittany says:

Besides the fact that Rosie Perez has a very annoying voice, she also clenches her teeth while she talks making her hard to look at too! Seems nice enough but a bad casting decision-it distracts you from whatever she is even talking about.