Supernatural Season 10 First Look: Demon Dean Sings, Sam Gets Hunted

Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers

Demon Dean is howling at the moon — or perhaps we should say singing at it?

TVLine has a small-but-juicy first glance at the Supernatural Season 10 premiere, which features a night of karaoke (set to Atlanta Rhythm Section’s “Imaginary Lover”) and flirting for the newly turned demonic Winchester.

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including Supernatural

Meanwhile, Sam has a run-in with Cole (played by Travis Aaron Wade), a mysterious hunter who is also searching for Dean.

Supernatural returns Tuesday, Oct. 7, at 9/8c. A retrospective special, featuring interviews with the executive producers and cast, airs Monday, Oct. 6, at 9 pm.

RELATED Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles

Click through the gallery to check photos from the “Black” season opener, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. lol I’m not a huge fan of karaoke, but I’m not sure I would have classified it as ‘demonic’….I hope we see demon Dean doing a little more than singing and having sex and getting in barfights, because tbh other than the singing that doesn’t really sound much different from regular Dean.

• Am says:

I’m excited about the karaoke part, I just hope that he actually sings cause Jensen is a pretty good singer. I agree with Drew though, Lorne can stay out of it haha.

2. Drew says:

As long as there are no green, horned demons reading his fortune as he sings karaoke, I’m okay with this.

3. Ree Petrillo says:

This is making the wait so much harder…I have never wanted October to come so fast…its going to be an amazing season!!

4. I live in Brazil, so I used to consume Acai everyday, mostly because there was an Acai place nearby function. About 500 mililters
    (17 oz) or a complete liter (34oz) almost each day. Never prepared much of a
    difference, though it tastes good and its
    kinda healthy.

5. rowan77 says:

Vlada, thanks for the pics, but honestly – WE NEED VIDEO. Please.

6. Carrie says:

Oh, wow. I am very excited to see demon Dean! I’m also excited about the retrospective. Bring on Season 10!

7. ninamags says:

Dean being Dean again, can’t wait.

It needs to be October, like, now!

• Arthur says:

I don’t think being a demon is “being Dean again”. We’ve seen in the past that partying, drinking, and womanizing hasn’t made him happy. He’s usually a pretty miserable, tormented dude. The fact that he’s reverting back to all that is supposed to be an alarm/warning sign about his situation, not something to celebrate. Not when he’s grown up over the years and come so far. This is the demon side of things and won’t last.

• ninamags says:

Have you seen the show from the beginning? Because Dean having a few beers and going out with pretty girls was what he did once a case was done. He would unwind and relax.

They would even show Sam waiting in the Impala, outside the hotel room, reading with a flashlight while Dean was on one of his many “dates”. He shook his head and smiled at his brothers antics.

Like I said, this was established in the early years of the show. Before the weight of the world was placed on the boys’ shoulders.

• Arthur says:

Yep, I’ve been watching since it started. I also understand character development and have loved watching Dean mature over the years, weight of the world or not. Jensen himself even said at Comic Con that the way demon!Dean is acting is troubling, so it’s not like I’m just making this up.

• Ree Petrillo says:

I agree, I have been watching since day one and I personally think Dean started “losing” his personality right after he got out of hell. I am very excited to see some of his original antics return!

• Mo says:

I don’t think he “lost” his personality. I think he was traumatized by all that had happened in hell. There was a reason he was never quite the same as in the early seasons. He was no longer the same person.

That said, I am looking forward to his demony antics. I want to see him partying and womanizing and being too much for even Crowley to handle. And I want others to recognize the wrongness in his actions and realize how truly worrisome it is.

• Ree Petrillo says:

I agree Mo, I kind of said it wrong, I miss carefree Dean. Its been way too long.with that said Dean always knew where the “line” was let’s hope Demon Dean doesn’t go to far over!

• Arthur says:

Glad to finally see some teaser pics for the upcoming season – now I just need something about what’s coming for Cas! Can’t wait to see team free will next season – and more Crowley, too.

8. Myat Nandar Khine says:

I am so Crazy upon u; Supernatural!
    I can’t wait to watch Demon Dean!
    I’m so exciting now

9. sarah says:

Poor Sammy is already hurt ! He doesn’t need another beating :(

10. Katherine says:

Demon Dean’s hairstyle is gorgeous.

11. derekhw says:

I need more Sammy and more Cas and more Crowley.

12. Symphany says:

What can I say Dean. Demon OR Not, I Love YOU! So Less Loose, Party On, And ROCK On!

13. Barbara says:

I home dean comes back from this

14. Linda says:

I have been watching supernatural since the beginning of episode 1 season and I have every season on DVD except 9. I love the show and can’t wait until October.