Erica Durance's Saving Hope Finds a New Stateside Home

Saving Hope Season 3

Paddles!!! Saving Hope is being brought back to life Stateside.

TVLine has learned that ION Television has reached an agreement with Entertainment One Television to host the upcoming 18-episode third season of the Canadian-produced, Erica Durance-fronted medical drama, as well as get dibs on repeats of the first two cycles.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Saving Hope Season 3 debuts Sept. 22 on Canada’s CTV; no timetable has yet been announced for ION’s broadcasts.

Set at Hope Zion Hospital, the supernatural-tinged drama follows Dr. Hope Hope Dr. Alex Reid (Smallville’s Durance), a surgeon whose fiancé/Chief of Surgery (Stargate SG-1‘s Michael Shanks) at one time narrated the goings-on from a comatose state; now awake, he can see “ghosts”/spirits. The cast also includes Daniel Gilles (The Originals), Huse Madhavji, Julia Taylor Ross and Kristopher Turner.

RELATED Erica Durance: Saving Hope Is Not a Sorrowful Ghost Story But a ‘Wonderful Love Story’

NBC had broadcast Saving Hope’s freshman run during the summer of 2012, then opted not to pick up Season 2.

ION, meanwhile, similarly has played host to Canadian offerings such as Flashpoint, The Listener and Rookie Blue repeats.

1. TV Gord says:

Good move, ION. I’ve seen all three season here in Canada, and it’s developed into a pretty interesting and entertaining show!

2. Jaime says:

I need to make sure I get ION! That’s great news.

3. Kira says:

Loved the first season!!! Anybody know where I can find season 2? Gotta get caught up!!!

4. Rich Stowe says:

hopefully they’ll replay seasons 1 and 2 in order before airing season 3 for those of us who missed season 2

5. Drew says:

Umm… What are we supposed to do about season 2? Can’t they at least put it on Hulu or Netflix?

6. Jess says:

Anything that means more Daniel Gillies on the TV I’m happy with

7. Jett says:

I’ll be honest this show was super boring when I watched it on NBC. I’m kinda surprised why Durance even decided to do this show cuz I think she could’ve done better stateside on a big network show or high-profile cable show (but maybe I’m thinking too highly of Durance and this Saving Hope show is all she’s good for lol, guess we’ll never know)

• Jay says:

Erica Durance and Daniel Gillies have great chemistry why is this show wasting their chemistry? Shanks and Durance have absolutely no chemistry, it’s like watching paint dry. I’ll only watch this show for more Gillies and Durance. That’s it.

8. M says:

This is proof that I’ll watch just about anything with Michael Shanks in it.

9. Liz says:

Thank you ION! That’s great news! I miss seeing Erica on TV on a weekly basis.

10. MKRR says:

great news, i love erica durance, she was the best on Smallville.

11. pamela says:

great news, although i was watching it online after nbc didn’t pick it up after season 2, but now i can watch it on the big screen :)

12. sophia says:

Nothing special! The programs Canadians will never have the quality and brilliance of the programs of the United States in fact I’ve seen a few episodes of SH nbc on the first season, Saving Hope was boring with mediocre actors look like pieces of wood. On the NBC network has been a Flop it has been deleted!

13. mary says:

No please…..saving hope was Boeing!=(

14. Yasmin says:

This show is still going on? It needs to get canned already so Erica could move on to a high profile gig. I mean c’mon she’s a fabulous actress and the whole world needs to see it. Also, I agree Erica and Michael have no chemistry and it’s one of the many reasons I was turned off by the show. Erica and Daniel totally have chemistry but I think the show is hung up on the Mr. Boringpants Charlie and sorry I ain’t watching that.

15. Eric Wilson says:

Thank u for the info. Glad & happy that ION found our beloved Candian TV show Saving Hope a home for US viewers. Love #SavingHope much love and respect!

16. Wow! This is brilliant news for this Durance and SAVING HOPE fan. I’ve loved the show from the beginning, and it keeps getting better. It’s smart, but more importantly it’s a show with one of the biggest hearts on television. I always feel richer after having watched it. Plus, the acting is superb, especially from Erica.

17. msstargate says:

Love this show…started watching for Dr Daniel Jackson..err mean Michael Shanks but stayed because it is really good. Too bad NBC gave up so soon. ION made a good decision.

18. John says:

That show is tons better than whatever NBC has on its slate usually.

19. Carla Krae says:

Fina-freaking-ly!!! I only saw season 1 because of Canada holding so tight to the rights.

20. TinLV says:

This is cool. I liked that show.. but I missed season 2.. will have to figure out some way to get caught up..

21. Kristina says:

Yay! I was disappointed when it got dropped :)

22. Moment says:

Hopefully this stays on the air long enough for MGM to give its Stargate TV series some love. I do think Shanks and co deserve another shot on Stargate.

23. Diz says:

Good news. I never saw season two though. I know ION on Dish isn’t HD so that’s an eye burner too.

24. Debi says:

so, where can we see Season @ before watching season 3.

25. I never even saw the end of season 1 after NBC pulled it from the schedule. But I guess it’ll be in good company with The Listener and Flashpoint on ION. It is surprising when CA and US tastes differ so much on shows.

26. sooze says:

I knew it was ION TV picking this up. I watch this network a lot. I watched Hope on NBC and now I can see it again and Michael Shanks.

27. angel says:

To ION: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!

28. I watched what episodes NBC showed and was heartbroken when they didn’t show the last two. I have watched ION since you were PAX TV here in Florida. Thank you for bring this wonderful show, as well as others to the U.S.

29. Maryann says:

Fantastic!!! I absolutely loved Season 1 and totally despired of ever being able to see additional seasons.

30. LadyC says:

Doing a happy dance here! I got hooked on this show when it was on NBC. I tried streaming it from CTV but their stream did not cross the border. I cant wait to see Seaon 1 again and then the other seasons.

31. Greg says:

I forgot about this show. Hope they rerun season 2 before we get season 3 since we never got it

• cdhaskell says:

I hope that they will show season 1/2 before the season 3. I know that the first season is available on DVD. I wish that the second season was also available on DVD.

32. Mbethmason says:

Do you know when saving hope will be seen on ion tv

33. Mbethmason says:

Do you know when saving hope be shown on ion tv

34. Purita Avila says:

We need the previous seasons. Where can they be seen?