Big Bang Theory Premiere Pics: Sheldon Returns — But Where Are His Pants?

Big Bang Theory Season 8

What’s Sheldon doing at a police station? Why isn’t he wearing pants? And where did all of Penny’s hair go?

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites, Including The Big Bang Theory!

These are just a few of the questions you might ask yourself while perusing our gallery of first-look photos from The Big Bang Theory‘s Sept. 22 season premiere (CBS, 8/7c).

And while we can’t answer all of them — Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting got a haircut over the hiatus, so that solves that mystery — we can offer scoop about the state of Sheldon and Amy’s relationship upon his return from Arizona:

“Amy’s not pissed at him for leaving, but she’s certainly not thrilled that when he ran into trouble he called Leonard instead of her,” showrunner Steve Molaro tells TVLine.

(Ruh-roh!)

OK, no more waiting. Click through the gallery below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Big Bang Season 8.

1. Kim says:

Love Kaley’s hair cut. Can’t wait for the new season.

2. Carm says:

I figured they would make her wear a wig or extensions. Good for her they didn’t.

3. MurderMondays says:

So completely without any sense of irony, The Big Bang Theory, widely considered to be the dumbest of mainstream comedies, recreates the plot of the satirical show that represents stupid mainstream comedy in The Lego Movie. A+.

• AK says:

“Widely considered to be the dumbest of mainstream comedies” by whom? Most reviews I read talk about how it’s improved with age; some actors/actresses have been recognized by the Emmys (awards and nominations); and several critics were disappointed by the fact that some of the other actors weren’t nominated this year. I understand if it’s not to you or your friends/family’s taste, but “widely considered” is a little far-fetched.

• Emily Morgan says:

I just love sour grape comments. You don’t like a show and suddenly it’s “widely considered the dumbest of mainstream comedies”. Oh really? Care to back that idiotic statement up with links to where this is a factual statement made by someone reputable, (that would be someone other than you).

• Temperance says:

As a person way out in the one in a thousand (or higher) IQ range, I can tell you that anyone that considers BBT as ‘dumb comedy’ doesn’t understand the jokes. Full stop. In a world full of ‘comedies’ that can’t even make bathroom humor mildly amusing on their best day, BT is a gem.

4. DL says:

Is that Stephen Root in the scene with Penny?

5. Badpenny says:

I don’t care for the short hear, but I hope they at least used makeup to cover that giant tat she has on the back of her neck.

6. Tran says:

TBBT will do great on Mondays for the next five weeks beginning September 22nd before the hit sitcom moves back to Thursdays beginning October 30th once Thursday Night Football is done at CBS.

7. Mary Ann Griffin says:

Leave it to Sheldon!

8. Matthew b Lawler says:

I absolutely hate Penny’s new haircut

9. Pat says:

I love Penny’s haircut and it makes her look so much more professional. This will fit in nicely with her storyline taking her into the Pharmacutecal job. As for Sheldon standing there in his underwear, what in the world is he doing???? I enjoy this very funny show.

10. TimeBandit says:

This and the show, “Mom,” have to be the two most moronic sitcoms on TV. Don’t Americans have enough dysfunction in their lives they have to also get it from TV?

11. Steve says:

Penny does NOT look good with the “pixie” cut.

12. TOM says:

ITS TIME FOR PENNY TO GO BYE BYE SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PULL OFF A SERIOUS ROLE
    HER ROLE WAS BUILT AROUND DUMB GOOD LOOKIN BLONDE SHE JUST ANOTHER BIMBO WITH A BUTCH HAIR CUT THE SHOW HAS LOST ITS CONTRAST

13. Michele Kane says:

Kaley’s new haircut makes her face appear too round. I get the short hair thing for the change in her character’s career and her own desire for a transformation, but I think that something that sculpts her face better like a bob with a little more length and movement would be more feminine and flattering.

14. Dan says:

Please please tell me it’s a wig on Penny, that it is some stupid dream. She looks like crap with the new haircut. I am so disappointed in the show for allowing he to do that. RIP Penny. This is the beginning of the end for the show, she is as big a part of the show as Sheldon, but this changes everything, it’s my favorite show, but now I am not sure I can watch it, I will spend 30 minutes pissed off at her and the producers and not be able to enjoy the show. She used to look sexy, attractive, inviting, loveable, but now looks like a frumpy old housewife who is pissed at the world and trying to act like a man. Women DO NOT look good with short hair, period!

15. Dennis says:

One of my favorite shows, but I believe the best years are already past. I hope I’m wrong.

16. zeppelin says:

Clearly the best show on TV….and the worst show has to be the kardashians….number 2 of the worst is 2 and a half men….with out the great talent of Charlie Sheen….this show is just GARBAGE ……..

17. Bob Bell says:

Kaley blew it with any male fan with that Justin Beiber haircut. What a disaster!

18. Cathy Viviano says:

Attention all big bang theory fans,
    When will penny and Leonard get married?

19. Michael Pahl says:

I’m assuming that that is Stewart’s house in some of the pictures – it sure looks like the Bunker’s house from “All in the Family.”

20. I don’tm think that short hair is going to work for Kaley.She look as sexy.Which is what the show seems to always has gone for, w/ all the geeks.She now looks like a girl that anyone of them (Boys) could date.

21. Susan says:

I love Kaley’s hair cut. She looks so cute. I can not wait for the new season. Sheldon is my absolute fav. I don’t think they could pull it off without him.

22. Toni says:

Seriously, Sheldon needs to stop advertising with his tidy/whitey showing his ass is so inappropriate. Frankly, I wish he would EXIT the show…I can’t understand why he gets the Emmy every year when Penny and Leonard are the stars…in my opinion. If it was not for them, I would not watch that show. I CANNOT stand Sheldon.

23. Wowzers! The Big Bang Theory is the best show ever! This show should be on for another decade! It fits all genres love,romance,comedy,drama & freaky lol.
    #Best $how Ever