Gang Related Cut After One Season

Gang Related Cancelled

It appears that Gang Related did not survive its initiation.

Our sister site Deadline reports that Fox has elected not to renew the freshman police drama, which wrapped its summer run two-and-a-half weeks ago.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites

Fronted by Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn, Gang Related debuted in May to about 3 million viewers and a 0.9 rating (leading out of a fresh Hell’s Kitchen), and at last tally drew 2.4 mil/0.7 (airing after a Sleepy Hollow rerun).

1. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Figured it would be cancelled but it still sucks cause it got good.

• Dean says:

I agree bro

• ScrubsGuy says:

Gang Related – the Chicago Code of 2014.
      Wished Terry O’Quinn could have gotten that series with Michael Emerson made. Compromise – make Terry O’Quinn a villain on Person of Interest. …actually, that’s not a compromise, it’s frakin’ brilliant. Somebody call CBS!

2. Dean says:

Bummer not surprised it was a FOX show.

3. L says:

Too bad, I wanted to see what happened next.

4. M3rc Nate says:

Im not crying about it, it was actually fairly decent, nothing special but watchable, but once they killed off Shantel Vansanten my big time crush from OTH…my interest in the show dropped off, so i wont miss it.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Started out really slow but really picked up and ended great. Too bad.

6. shaw says:

Darn them I really like this show, I like it better than reality tv

7. Tran says:

Gang Related was such a great Summer series but sad to see the gritty cop drama getting canceled by Fox. Really hope Terry O’Quinn and Ramon Rodriguez should find new TV gigs sometime in the near future.

8. Michelle says:

I’m not surprised but I am sad that FOX decided to axe Gang Related. It really picked up the pace towards the end but I guess it was too little too late. Hope we see Terry O’Quinn back on Hawaii Five-O soon :-)

9. Kay says:

This doesn’t hurt me near as bad as Longmire being canceled!

• Tim B says:

I agree…I was very disappointed to see Longmire got canceled! Even though I wasn’t crazy about this seasons story line with the spirit warrior and whatnot, it was something different and unique! Gang Related was just getting good and the story-line was drawing me in. Seems like EVERY show I like, gets canceled these days!!

10. Mark says:

Not surprised, but mildly disappointed. It got pretty good (for a summer cop drama) by the end of the season, barring the girl getting fridged for the sake of manpain.

11. David4 says:

This show was on the whole summer? I figured it was canceled and ripped from the air months ago.

12. Diggy says:

I agree with all the comments about the show starting slow & picking up. Definitely got more interesting in the last few eps, especially when they killed off the daughter. Not too surprising but interesting that such a small drop off & those #s for a summer series are considered cancellation material. Was it off on the target demos?

13. Delaina says:

Noooooo!!!!!!! This hurts me deeply! I really liked this show.
    Maybe Terry O’Quinn can head back over the big island & cause some more trouble on H50. And if he happened to bring Ramon Rodriguez with him, I’d be ok with that.

14. Nicole says:

Of course they cancelled it, I enjoyed it. Damn Fox and you getting me to watch something only to cancel it.

15. Pat D. says:

I’m another vote for “it got really good near the end”.

16. CBWBDK1 says:

Rza killed this show!! Stop acting!!

17. Christian says:

Best show since The Shield. Too bad it got axed.

18. LaLa says:

Loved this show. Oh, well.

19. Nina says:

I hope this means Terry O Quiin can return to H50. Hope it happens

20. Ron says:

Not surprised in the least. It was an absolutely dreadful show in the beginning, but it really got to be a decent show toward the end, so I have mixed feelings about the cancellation. I don’t want to be “that” guy, but I think it could have been better throughout had it been on cable.

• You aren’t the only one! I too think this show was better-suited to a channel like HBO, FX, TNT etc not only because of its ratings (which, by cable standards would’ve been pretty solid,) but also because of how dark and gritty it was!

Maybe a cable network will pick it up; I guess we’ll have to just wait and see! Well that, and start petitioning them to do so!

21. Lee says:

I wish FX would pick Gangs up. RZA and Ramon are such a compelling duo. Hope to see them again soon. The great Danny Trejo will still be seen on Sons of Anarchy.

22. Ella says:

I’m going to stop watching Fox, tired of my shows being cancelled. We loved this show and Almost Human.

23. I am not surprised this decision. For me it was close story with open ending. However, I will miss the cast of the series.

24. Sophia says:

Gang related is a great show and well written with good actors, one of my favorites, reminded me of the the wire from hbo. I don’t think fox is the right network for it. CBS Abc or nbc should pick it up or even USA. Fox is known for reality tv, no one really watches fox anymore. I do love Gordon, but can’t stand how ghetto Hell’s Kitchen has become. Haven’t watched that show for the last couple of seasons And sleepy hollow is horrible. Gang related is my second to law and order SVU. And gang related is way better then Chicago pd and Chicago fire, and I’m from Chicago

Please have a different network pick it up

25. Ronnie says:

NOOOOOO!!!!! WHY?!!! MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

26. It was one of the best show ever aired to have cancelled that a bummer what fox thinking too bad””because they have other shows that suck I will probably cut out fox tv now

27. I will never watch fox channel again this show to me was the best you ever had to cancel it that was bad you have other programs that suck and they are still on gang related is a great show too bad ” this show got a bad deal “

28. Why was gang related cancelled what is fox thinking best show on tv don”t be like abc they cancelled to show I never watch that channel anymore that is like we pay for theses channels and we can”t watch what we like that’s ashamed so fox please bring gang related back it will get your rating back really high

29. EJ386 says:

I must remember to not get attached to FOX shows…. I really liked this one.

30. Ralph Perez says:

That sucks! I love this show. I thought it was very good. Being it back please!!!!!

31. david irving says:

Nice replies in return of this matter with real arguments and
    describing everything on the topic of that.

32. Sսperb ρhotos, the shade and depth of the pictures are breath-taking,
    theƴ attract you in as though you belong of the make-up.

33. Gang Related says:

I will be leaving fox alone, Gang Related is tha bomb! Just not enough time invested in this great series, Fox U sad, thats why Im out.

34. Nafiu Muhammad says:

Even thou Shantel has gone buh I really miss it, I wish could get the written story so that I proceed alone…

35. Heather says:

That sucks, gang related was an awesome show. I really hoped it would continue. Maybe Netflix will buy the rights so it can!

36. Stephanie Buonagura says:

Big mistake cancelling this show. It was fantastic writing and you should have at least given it another season to get it to survive. I’m very disappointed in Fox 5

37. Liz says:

WHY?? This was a really good show. Why do we have to have all the reality shows, life is reality. I want to see good dramas.
    I’m beginning to think my best bet would be to not watch any new shows coming out on FOX or TNT.
    They cancel the good ones, put another one in it’s place. Leave the new one for a season or two then cancel and start the process over. Why bother.

38. don says:

what a bunch of complete dumbasses to cancell the best show on tv, fox now officially sucks to the mega extreme

39. Daniela moreira says:

Disscusting! no respectfor the public At least have one program with an end !!!!!!

40. Gang Related is an amazing show. I expect a Second Season because Season 1 definitely met the expectations of being an excellent show.

41. Jeannie says:

Bummer, it was sooo good!

42. walk says:

Gang related was the bomb. They cancel these shows at the drop of a finger and don’t care about all the ppl who love the show. Shame on them that is why they don’t have anything good on their channel right now they only cater to the boring ppl. That show would thrive on another network.

43. joseph says:

Fox is racist against Mexicans because gang related tells about how Mexicans were raised in the streets. So Fox made an excuse saying not enough ratings. And that’s Fox for you and what their about.

44. Elizabeth says:

I’m really passed off that fox pulled this show they get something I like and they pull it it damm bullsit

45. Elizabeth says:

They pulled it because it was about the Chicanos fox sucks

46. Donald Higgs says:

I cannot believe Gang Related was cancelled after (1)season. Is there any hope of it coming back for another season?

47. D-major says:

allow me ti question the reason behind it’s cancellation. this show was great in it’s own category. tell em to reconcider.besides, not evry1 whi watches goes to rate it. thats a fact.