Exclusive

Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!

Fall TV Spoilers

There’s so much to love about the fall. The changing of the leaves, that nip in the air, pumpkin-flavored everything, the… Oh, who are we kidding? There’s a lot to like about the fall, but there’s only one thing to love about it: Its arrival means that the Fall TV season is finally here!

RELATED Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

In honor of this most joyous occasion, TVLine has put together a mind-bogglingly comprehensive overview of 42 of our — and your — favorite returning series, packed it with exclusive intel, added photos that you can’t see anywhere else and answered burning questions you might not have even realized you had. Such as…

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Which rock-solid marriage will be tested like never before? Whose real name is about to be revealed? Which concluding drama is putting a surprising love story front and center? And which couple will not be in a family way anytime soon?

To find out, click through TVLine’s Returning Favorites gallery. It’ll make you the rare know-it-all who does, in fact, know it all!

1. spindae2 says:

Thanks for the scoop TVline team! Can’t wait for the new TV season to start. ^_^

2. Deborah says:

Looking forward to Bones very much. I have to say the paucity of spoilers this season is really frustrating LOL!!!

3. Lucy says:

Nor that I needed other arguments to stop watching TGW after what they’ve done with Cary in the season finale, but the season premiere looks even worse. Gosh, crap never ends when it comes to Cary’s character.

• DW says:

I have to say that all of the Season 6 publicity looks bad for Cary. I just keep wondering why? Year after year it seems like they marginalize Cary. Maybe they’ll surprise us and Cary will be the one to get Chum Hum or something. I’m glad they’re getting Kalinda back to her regular social life. There is no way that Cary could, or should, forgive Kalinda and Diane for what happened last year.

• Lucy says:

I don’t know, really. He’s marginalized or just put in a bad light. He has lived all the time behind alicia’s shadow and they neve gave him a storyline where you can say, wow, Cary is showing his strength and his talent on his own. He was mostly used like a prop to give someone else those kind of storylines. I wish someone with a little of courage would finally call up them on this and ask them why those so critically acclaimed writers are not able to give Matt Czuchry and his character a meaty storyline for once. He’ll “fret about his position at the firm”….really? Just beacause his supportive partner decided to vote for Diane to join without him being there? He should be worry about being sorrounded by a bunch of snakes in his own firm which now just looks like Alicia and Diane exclusive toy. Season 6 looks like another nightmare for Cary fans. But fortunally I don’t have to endure it this time.

4. Lauren says:

So, Shay survives.

5. Lore says:

Is Jennfer Love Hewitt looks very very pregnant in the picture?

6. Laura says:

Can’t wait for Arrow to return. I don’t give a rat’s ass about Ray Palmer — give me Oliver and Felicity!

7. Len84 says:

Fall tv is back!!!
    Once upon a time – Cant wait for it! ,Probably one of the few who is kinda excited for Frozen, because in my head i can see how it fits (esp mentioning ” “Never give up on the people you love” which was also Anna/Elsa in Frozen too) and with characters esp Emma, so as a Emma fan more so, i’m excited about that :) and seeing her finally at accepting home, family and love/romance in her life with Hook, i cant wait to see that relationship progress.
    Overall like the finale left off the couples montage, it seems we going into the season all Frozen and the development of the main 4 couples and obviously each individual character arc/development :)

Revenge – I looking forward to what Victoria has up her sleeves lol, I for one hope we start to see Emily and Jack coming back together – its season 4 now and still no actual build up there which is an important factor in Emily’s life.

About a boy – is a cute show, glad its back.
    The Blacklist – was one my fave new shows from last fall.
    Modern Family, The Middle, Mindy Project and Grey’s Anatomy :)

8. Ana says:

Thank you!
    So excited Once is coming back this month!
    Can’t wait to see what’s in store for everyone. Especially what that “past history” might be that will affect Emma and Killian. Have missed those two and the whole gang dreadfully

9. Lauren says:

TVLine failed to mention if Stephen Amell and Chloe Bennet’s acting has improved.

• Jen says:

There’s no improving Amell’s acting. Gave up hope a long before Arrow. Keep wstching and cringe.

• Briggs says:

We’ll agree to disagree. I have no idea about the actress (don’t watch her show), but I think Stephen has done well with the emotional range he was given. Seeing as Oliver was emotionally stunted for the first two seasons after five years ‘where nothing good happened’. The difference between past and present Oliver is obvious and compelling. Seems to me, the CW wouldn’t take a chance on him if they only wanted a pretty face. Birds of Prey pretty much cured them of banking on ‘pretty’ to make a show successful.

10. JJM says:

” Rumor has it sparks will indeed fly between Owen and Amelia (newly-minted series regular Caterina Scorsone).” – I’m sorry, but she’s fresh out of an engagement and his ex-wife/love of his life JUST left the country. I’ve always been very open to the relationships on Grey’s Anatomy, but there’s a time and a place for characters and it just isn’t right now for these two.

• Jovana says:

I don’t think they will go there immediatelly, they will probably build them up slowly.

• Lilipad says:

I’d say they might be referring to other kind of “sparks”. Meaning tension at work, since Amelia will be new there and has the tendency to do whatever she likes. Don’t think it’s anything romantic.

11. Can’t get over how good Michael Weatherly looks on NCIS. And I hope this means we’ll see more of DiNozzo on screen. And yea, action scenes with McGee, I hope.

12. Tran says:

Returning shows I’m looking forward to this season: The Blacklist, 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Hawaii Five-O, Homeland, Agents of SHIELD, Scandal and the final season of Parenthood.

13. JJM says:

“Olivia’s gone AWOL. Harrison is dead. The Gladiators have disbanded.” – Columbus Short may not be returning, but to reveal such a spoiler about a character is pretty annoying.

• Curly Girly says:

Ummmm…not really a spoiler unless you’ve been living under a rock. It’s been confirmed many times by many sources that Short would not be returning, and that his character was in fact, dead.

14. Claire says:

Looking forward to quite a few on the list but at the top are Arrow (Team Arrow trinity, Olicity, Thea/Malcom), Grimm, Sleepy Hollow and Agents of Shield! I’m ready.

15. Lauren says:

White Collar? Did I miss it?

16. aunni says:

ray plamer is stated as a game changing character, and they (MG n Ak) r very tightliped abt his storyline or arc. EMILY, that girl yeld chemistry with computer every episode. so of course she n routh will hv chemistry

17. Jordan says:

Klaus and Hayley will have scenes!! YES!!!

18. Gwen says:

Great job, Team TVLine! We need to upgrade our DVR to one that records more than two shows at a time!

19. Bianca says:

Happy to see Outlaw Queen get some scoop :) Thanks Matt! While I fully expect some angsty episodes in the beginning, they will prevail and be together in the end :) I am intrigued by the “HOT mess” phrasing, and can’t wait for the 28th!

20. indigovine says:

Can’t wait for Arrow’s Olicity to happen! Olicity romantic chemistry is dynamite! Plus the fantastic action scenes and colorful villains keep the story rolling.

21. Bwhit says:

I am relieved that Shay was mentioned in the Chicago Fire teaser! I am now totally stumped as to who it could be.

I am glad to hear that CCH Pounder will return to SOA. She seems to understand Jax in a way and in the season finale was the really the only one to make him realize that he was a dad and husband first. I want Gemma to slip up in some way and tell the wrong person what she did!

22. Jett says:

What about Homeland?

23. Katherine215 says:

Thanks for the scoop! Much appreciated. Also, I know this is an old gripe, but I really really wish we could get the old layout back. I wanted to make comments about a few shows, but since there’s no comment section below the actual images, I basically forget what I wanted to say by the time I get to the end. :( And jumping between tabs is kind of a PITA.

24. Patrick says:

I’m really worried about Grimm. If this Grimless Nick storyline plays out for more than a few episodes, it will hurt the series. The solution must present itself soon, within one or 2 eps, with maybe 1-2 eps beyond that to implement the solution. Any more than that (and this may be too many episodes even as I projected), and the show will start to bleed viewers. Viewers who won’t be back after the long mid season hiatus.
    We could look back on this huge mis-step as the reason the show gets canceled. I really enjoyed the twist at the end of the season with Nick losing his powers. But, the next day, the PTB on the show seemed to indicate that there wouldn’t be a quick fix to the problem. This despite widespread fan outcry about a long powerless spell.
    This could kill the show. Keep it as short as possible.

• Katherine215 says:

I don’t know if I agree that it will kill the show, but I do hope it doesn’t last too long. 4ish episodes seems like plenty for Grimmless Nick.

• Patrick says:

This is what I’m thinking. What if it takes the better part of the season to get his powers back? What if it takes “only” 8-12 eps, or, the better part of the first half of the season?
        How many viewers will be lost during this process? How many might/will bail on the show if this is handled poorly? This is a Friday show. If they leave, the vast majority won’t be back.
        By the end of the season, Grimm will have 88+ eps, which is “enough” for syndication now. If the viewership has fallen low enough, NBC will can the show. They can sell the syndication to a cable outlet. Probably their corporate sibling SyFy. So, they will have made a solid profit on the show. What is their motivation to continue a low rated show at that point?
        I really enjoy the show. It is the type of show that could continue for another 4+ years. But not if a serious plot misstep causes viewers to abandon the show.

• John NYC says:

I expect he’s quite capable of being a badass without being all Grimmed-up.

• Fran says:

I agree. Would people really abandon the show if this storyline lasts through the first half of the season? I think it sounds interesting and a way to bring some more depth to Nick’s character. Who is he now without his powers? Is he really better off? While I love the Wesen stories every week, at some point you need to branch out some or it just gets repetitive.

• tp says:

Honestly, I’m barely holding on as it is. They never revisited the storyline about Nick’s new power after he was a zombie. I can’t stand Adalind and they brought her back. If the drag out this powerless Nick storyline I’m giving up.

• Fran says:

I do agree with you on Nick and the whole zombie thing. They haven’t done anything with that so I’m probably silly for thinking the powerless storyline will actually go anywhere. It would be nice though. Although Grimm is one of those shows that I enjoy and watch but its never been can’t-miss TV for me personally. Guess we’ll just see what happens.

25. Kyle says:

Thanks for the scoopalozza. Excited to see Katrina Crane in action and putting her witch powers to use on Sleepy Hollow. I’m also more than ready for SoA’s final season. And I’m hoping things turn out well for Regina and Robin on OUAT. Not a big fan of triangles and I’m still on the fence on whether or not bringing back Robin’s dead wife was a smart move for the show.

• Angela says:

Yeah, I’m all for Katrina having a bigger role this season and getting more involved in the action. I’m also looking forward to seeing how she and Ichabod deal with their reunion, and the struggles of her being part of the modern world now, too.
      Also excited for “Criminal Minds”. Very curious to see how the Garcia and Reid storylines play out-hoping this means some good friendship moments between them, and them helping each other deal with the stress and fallout from last season’s finale. That’d be nice. And I’ll be interested to see how Jennifer Love Hewitt fits into the cast, too-hopefully all goes well on that front, too.
      Ahhhhh, I love this time of year, when the regular TV season starts up again. Look forward to all the discussion and reviews and comments and such on TV Line this year!

26. Jill says:

Just love how the Nashville spoiler questions who will Rayna choose, then right after it basically says that Deacon has a new love interest. This show has completely disappointed me with it’s replayed boring storylines once again. No Rayna/Deacon reunion = no interest in watching.

27. Remy says:

Nny scoop on my most anticpated series, Play it Again, Dick? So excited for this on!

28. HAP says:

Have to chuckle at the idea that Sue Heck is entering her senior year in high school, since Eden Sher, who portrays Sue, is 22 years old.

29. Lena says:

Thank you for The Walking Dead spoiler! I will take anything I can get, because I am anxiously waiting for the premiere…

30. Briggs says:

And the picture of Arrow Season 3 gains definite shape in my mind. :) Regardless of which storyline you’re waiting for, it looks like we won’t be disappointed.

31. jess says:

oh lord, the originals and the vampire diaries look like there be going in the same boring circles
    as they did last year, more pointless story lines followed by even more pointless and boring “relationships”

32. M3rc Nate says:

Lol gotta laugh at the idea of Detectives who work with the top tier unit, are trying to keep their relationship a secret…lol a secret from DETECTIVES? $20 it ends how it always does, with them telling the boss, and the boss saying “Ya, no sh*t, im a detective i knew since the start”.

33. traci says:

what about Hart of Dixie,been waiting to find out if they will show her prego

34. Joey Padron says:

Great scoop on my favorite shows new seasons. Thank you TVline! Can’t wait for fall TV season to start!

35. Tom says:

can the season premiere of 2 Broke Girls see Sophie deported to Poland?

36. schu says:

Parenthood!!! Noooo, even if it’s a character I don’t care for I’ll be devastated with a death in the cast! I hope they play it out and wait till the very end, but either way I’ll have to kleenex ready every episode for every other scene. Can’t wait!

37. Bill says:

Excellent pix and previews. No one does it better than TVLine!

38. G says:

the extra mindy scoop isn’t really one since both mindy and the show posted a picture of the scene a couple of weeks ago…

39. Darlene says:

Wow! Michael Weatherly looks absolutely fantastic! I hope that means more Action!Tony for us! Looking forward to NCIS this year. I’m very excited about the upcoming stories and watching Team NCIS in action!

40. herman1959 says:

I’ll admit that I do love a time-jump, but on so MANY shows? Hmmm. Oh well, I’m looking forward to the new season starting; thanks Team TVLine.

41. The Johanna Beckett storyline took up 3-4 episodes in a 23-episode season. Exploring Castle – the title character’s – backstory would not have been “competition.” That would’ve just been 2-3 less over-the-top, slapstick episodes.
    Marlowe bringing up 3XK and Spy Daddy, at least in this context, sounds like a contradiction to past comments about new mythology. All the fans already know about those two elements; that’s why everyone guessed them after the finale…
    We’ve now come to that point in the pre-season where the Castle EPs should consider divulging interesting and NEW info. Because they’re sure as heck not gonna get promo time from ABC.

• well said too all. i’m still not sure if i want to watch the show live or not……don’t get me wrong love the show (and still do love watching reruns) but with every new article that comes out the less and less i want to watch it live. need something important to pull me back in. to me they destroyed a lot of why i watched the show-the main characters……and their love story! I know there were up and downs but they could have done a better job with the ending that had the same impack.

• good point Kitten……they could have even ended it with her getting the call….to me a better ended. to me more suspense yes, i felt something-hatred to all involved. then i got over some knowing the actors were upset too…. It makes me wounder if the crew really care about the fans-who have been around since day one-at all. I will watch but not enjoy it as much…..it just better impress me or I will not come back. they did ruin the best wedding of all times, i just hope their reasoning was worth that! as for the cast-thank you for six great years and good luck on number 7!

42. lame says:

Eagerly waiting for the Arrow premier, the writers pack so much into 43 minuets, it’s amazing how those episodes flash by. Not only do I watch when they’re aired I play them back on DVR.

43. Julie says:

Cityline with Tracey Moore, new episodes

44. boomergrams says:

BRAVO! BRAVO! to the design team & decorators for the new Booth Family abode! I was worried it would be a step down from their “MIghty Hut” but this one looks like it will meet everyone’s needs! It is beautiful and nice to see a few of Booth’s momentos made it through the “war” at the other house. Especially happy to see the seats from the Vet Stadium.

45. illene says:

I thought Criminal Minds was awsome. I really liked Jennifer Love Hewitt.

46. Lois Valentino says:

very disappointed about Dallas…Know that there are signatures being signed as we speak and hope just hope it will help…Not holding my breath but I really loved the show,,,Even better than the original…..Hope to hear good news,,,,,the best being they are giving it another season, although Bobby’s son was blown to bits, maybe that was a dream sequence and Christopher will be in th shower on opening the 4th season….
    Love your premieres…thanks..Lois Valentino