Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke

Nope, hell hath not Frozen over, just Storybrooke — and its residents are having none of it.

ABC has released its first promo for Once Upon a Time‘s Frozen-centric fourth season, and it captures Elsa from behind as she arrives in town.

RELATED Once Upon a Time‘s Season 4B Villain Revealed?

Played by Fringe‘s Georgina Haig, Elsa’s TV incarnation will pick up some time after the animated blockbuster left off, with kid sis Anna (newcomer Elizabeth Lail) heading for her wedding to ice merchant Kristoff (Greek’s Scott Michael Foster). In a short teaser shown at Comic-Con, the sibs meet at their parents’ gravestones, where Elsa reveals that she has a wedding “surprise” for Anna.

Judging by the clip, which first debuted on HollywoodReporter.com, the Queen receives a chilly reception from the locals.

Once Upon a Time returns to ABC on Sunday, Sept. 28 at 8/9c.

1. jeremy says:

GAHHH I can’t wait!

2. Dark Defender says:

I have never seen (nor do I wish to ever see) Frozen. Now, for the first time, I actually want to see ONCE this coming season. The teaser looks good and I am a fan of Ms. Haig – so they “hooked” me Once again. :)

• Larry says:

U should lol. Frozen is pretty good. Not the best, but fun. That and a good way to spend 90 minutes if your bored or something. So looking into this season!!! :)

• AnnieM says:

I finally watched ‘Frozen’ to prep for the new season of OUAT. Like most Disney cartoons, it was cute. I can also see now why ‘Let It Go’ became such a big hit – the sequence in the movie that it accompanies is pretty awesome. :-)

3. Amy H says:

Fun promo.

4. Susanne says:

I really hope this arc is as light as this promo makes it out to be. I’m really over the Big Bad Of The Week Will Destroy Your Happiness OMG! theme that we’ve had for the past few years. Can we have one season of fun where the danger doesn’t reach the level of killing someone’s child for the sin of being born?

• AnnieM says:

I totally agree with you, Susanne. The whole Regina/Robin Hood/Marian arc will probably be the ‘serious’ one this time around. It would be nice to have a ‘villain-less’ season for once. Especially since Elsa isn’t evil. I’m guessing that Rumple was holding her prisoner for whatever reason, and he (and possibly Regina) are the only ones she’ll have a grudge against. I would love to see this arc played more for laughs than danger.

• Kay says:

THIS! I completely and totally agree.

5. rachelle says:

I’m so excited, I can’t even breathe! And Regina’s wearing her Queen garb! And Gold’s wearing his Rumple garb! Squeeeeeeeee! I love Once so much.

And people who haven’t seen Frozen, I’m not saying run and watch it, but please don’t bash it just because it’s popular. I don’t get the people who hate things because they’re mainstream and popular. If you’re not a Disney fan and you’re genuinely not interested, okay, but if you just want nothing to do with it because so many people hype it up and love it, then that’s just silly. I personally love Disney and love Frozen. It reminds me of the awesome movies that came out during the Disney Renaissance and that couldn’t make me happier. I wouldn’t call people stupid for not liking it, but only if their reason is valid. Not seeing it and hating on it just because so many people fell in love with it is just so stupid.

• Stormy says:

I’m very much a Disneyphile, but I got about a third of the way through Frozen and gave up on it. I’m not a fan of the song either. IMO Tangled was 10Xs better but to each etc. That being said, I’m hoping we get more of the core group and fewer new characters this time around. I want to see Ruby, Grumpy, Nova etc. Enough with the revolving door of characters who never really become part of the population [Hatter, Ashley/Cinderella, Giant, Paige/Grace, etc.].

• rachelle says:

Yes! I miss Ruby. I know Meghan was on another show, but Ruby is one of my faves and I missed seeing her. And I so miss all of the other characters we got to know and love in Once’s earlier days.

• AnnieM says:

More Ruby, please, and I’d love to see Jorge Garcia again, too. :-)

6. Fernanda says:

Remind me a little bit the promo for Season 7 of Desperate Housewives

7. Best part of that entire clip is Regina saying “Here we go again.” and Emma being snarky and replying with “Really?”

• mo says:

I know!

And that’s pretty much how I feel about this show at this point. I couldn’t get through last season. I don’t even know what happened to Green Girl!

8. Name That Tune says:

Totally bored by the concept. Was bored by the movie.

It will be Sunday night football at my house. Until season 4B..

9. mya says:

this is my fav show cant wait when things get very cold.

10. Kiera says:

I think I missed a season but will have to recap regardless…..but WHAT THE HELL……No. Just no. Elsa is DISNEY’s once upon a time, not this….I dont even know if this is a good idea or just a farce. Why. Just why? I imagined these ”fairy tales” to be more of a ”Grimm Brothers” twist not a ”Disney” twist. And plus the freezing over and cold parts look way under budgeted and fake. I dont know what to think about this.

11. Jillian says:

Haha I just seen the new season premiere, and don’t worry Essa is the good guy! :)

12. Jillian says: