The Following Changing Showrunners — For the Second Time in Three Months

the-following-ryan-mike

The Following is once again answering to a new leader.

Less than three months after taking over for exiting showrunner Kevin Williamson, Jennifer Johnson is also stepping down from her post at Fox’s serial-killer drama, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED  Lost Alum Joins The Following Season 3 as the Love of Ryan’s Life

To fill Johnson’s absence ahead of Season 3, Following writers Brett Mahoney and Alexi Hawley will now co-run the series alongside director/EP Marcos Siega.

Johnson — whose producing credits include Lost, Cold Case and Gang Related — was brought on board in June, after Williamson stepped down to focus on the upcoming CBS thriller Stalker. (Johnson is staying at Warner Bros. Television where she will focus on development, Deadline notes).

RELATED  Glee Season 6 Plan Revealed: Rachel Revives New Directions and More

The change in showrunner won’t affect the timing of The Following‘s third season, which debuts at midseason and has yet to begin filming.

Your thoughts on the Following shake-up? Drop a line in the comments.

1. Ian says:

It shouldn’t have even been renewed for the 2nd season. No wonder showrunners don’t want to commit to it.

2. CBWBDK1 says:

I was surprised it was renewed.

3. Jonathon says:

I’m surprised people don’t like it. 2 really good seasons only picked on for the stupidity of police in first season which was corrected the 2nd season. I’m excited for season 3 and hope new show runners keep this show fresh the way it has worked for The Walking Dead!

4. TVMAN says:

Show went off it’s track after the first season. Season 2 was trash.

5. chris says:

Cancel this mess

6. Michael says:

Should have been a 1-off limited series. Season 1 was fun and entertaining. Season 2 was a terrible, boring mess. Season 3 sounds like it’ll be the same.

7. cas says:

I still love this show. I will say season 2 was a little less exciting than season 1 but I agree that they did fix some of the issues with the FBI, they didn’t seem quite as dumb. I think that there is a chance season 3 could be quite good. I will still give it a chance, as so many shows constantly change show runners I feel like it doesn’t really matter. On a side note, does Kevin Williamson stay through all seasons of any of his shows?

8. kirads09 says:

You know. I like the following. Incredible cast especially in Mr. Purefoy. Interesting premise.
    I don’t care for some of the direction S2 took – especially with Carroll. I hope the changes are only In an effort save what can be an excellent hit show.

9. Јe prends lla peine de publier ce com simplement pour féliciter son auteur