New Girl Casts Once Upon a Time Prince as Jess' Not-So-Charming [Spoiler]

New Girl Season 4 Cast Julian Morris

Next up on the love horizon for New Girl‘s Jess: Sleeping Beauty’s sloppy seconds.

Julian Morris, who plays Prince Phillip on Once Upon a Time, will join the Fox comedy for a multi-episode arc in Season 4, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED New Girl Recruits Alan Ritchson as Jess’ [Spoiler]-Challenged Beau

Morris will play Ryan, the teacher who replaces Jess in the classroom now that she’s vice principal of her school. Ryan is “distractingly handsome” and has a confidence and swagger that irks Jess… until — per EW.com, which first reported the casting — she starts to fall for him.

Morris will debut in an episode airing in October.

RELATED New Girl Scoop: It’s Always Sunny‘s Kaitlin Olson Joins Cast as Jess’ Nemesis

In addition to OUAT, Morris has appeared on Pretty Little Liars24 and ER, among other series, and has a role in the Amazon pilot Hand of God.

1. Nic says:

Now I’m going to have to start watching that show again! I love him! I wonder if they are going to let him keep his accent…

2. Tran says:

Don’t know if he’s ever going to come back on PLL soon.

3. Cass says:

Is this thing still on. TMP is way better.

4. JC1 says:

“Sloppy seconds”? What?

5. Asia says:

Honestly, I don’t know about New Girl anymore. Last season was a mess, I didn’t even finish the last couple of episodes. It was that painful. I loved Nick & Jess but the writer obliterated everything good about them. Even the chemistry was gone. It’s just really clear to me that the writers don’t know what they’re doing and that just goes for every character on this show. So why watch?

6. analog says:

Hopefully since Malifecent is coming back to OUAT, so will Aurora and Phillip

7. meresger says:

Good for Morris. Jess and Nick need to move on without dragging out their break-up moping any further than last season. And like most guest actors on OUAT, he was way under-valued (and Sleeping Beauty had oodles more chemistry with Mulan, anyway!).

8. Fred says:

I hope this doesn’t block his schedule too much, I want him to return to OUAT this spring for the Maleficent arc! I need sleeping beauty backstory and he’s part of that.

9. dru says:

how many guest stars does this show need?

• roki says:

that is exactly what i’m thinking. the season isn’t even started yet and there so many casting news from this show already. i am still occasionaly watch the show so i hope next season will be better

10. Lexdy says:

I just hope this doesn’t mess with his gig in OUAT

Since Maleficent is coming back I’m hoping Mulan/Aurora/Phillip triangle will finally come to a head after the Frozen arc is done. I’m guessing they’ll be the meat of the B-Side of the season.