Report: Amazon to Revive The Tick, Starring Patrick Warburton

The Tick Returns Amazon

Continuing the theme of reviving unlikely TV superheroes….

Amazon is said to be interested in reviving The Tick, the unabashedly costumed crimefighter played by Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld, Rules of Engagement), a source tells People.com.

RELATED Criminal Minds‘ Paget Brewster Joins Amazon’s Yoga-Themed Comedy Pilot

Also starring Nestor Carbonell (Lost) as Batmanuel, Liz Vassey (All My Children) as Captain Liberty and David Burke (Brothers & Sisters) as Arthur, the live-action Tick originally ran for nine episodes on Fox in 2001.

Per People.com, Ben Edlund — author of the comic book series that birthed The Tick, and who also had a hand in the Fox series — will pen and produce the comeback, with Warburton back in the title role.

VIDEO First Trailer: Will Jeffrey Tambor’s Transparent Be Amazon’s First Big Hit?

Amazon did not immediately respond to TVLine’s request for comment on the report.

1. anonymouse says:

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN

2. torimelching says:

3. Alex says:

Really? Has everyone lost their imaginations to come up with something new and original?

• dude says:

You just posted the same thing that everyone always posts in these reboot/adaptation articles so I guess being unoriginal is contagious. Honestly look at TV and film over the last 40 years. 90% of it is based on a book, movie, TV Show, true story, sometimes even a website or toy (ala The Social Network and The Lego Movie). Everything is an adaptation of something. It’s not like this show on Amazon is taking away space from all the other original ideas.

• TV Gord says:

You can’t get much more original than The Tick.

4. AnnieM says:

Well, this is fine, but I’d rather see somebody revive The Middleman.

5. meresger says:

The cartoon was better since they had to change the names of the secondary characters for the last live action, but it was still funny because of Warburton’s spot-on Tick. If the new version has all of the original weirdos like Dinosaur Neil, Sewer Urchin, Chair-Face, and Speak the “Dog”, I will give it a spoooooooooooooonnnnnnn!

6. SPOO — damn, others did it first!

7. Ram510 says:

I didn’t like this show but I’m happy Patrick will be back on a show. He’s way too talk talented not to be on screen

8. Tony Lang says:

They HAVE to bring Bat-Manuel back!!!!

9. Zach says:

Holy crap, this is the best news ever!!! Also, they didn’t say “Spoon!” in the live action version. Still awesome though.

10. Surf’s up, space ponies… I’M MAKIN’ GRAVY WITHOUT THE LUMPS!!!!!

11. Tom says:

I hope they don’t destroy the Earth in the process of making the show, it’s where I keep all my stuff.

12. Hi there, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am as well glad to
    share my knowledge here with mates.

13. Maryann says:

Why?!!! I love superheroes but could never bring myself to even check this one out.

14. jj says:

Don’t like the casting so I will be skipping.

15. scumdog says:

KEEN!

16. SPOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!

17. HAP says:

I’d love to see it happen. Warburton deadpan in a ridiculous costume. What’s funnier than that. And Nestor probably never had a better role. My only question is when would Warburton find the time? Check his IMDB page. He is one busy fellow.

18. TV Gord says:

I have a fairly unique memory related to this series. I reviewed it on the radio station where I worked at 8:50am on September 11th, 2001. Afterwards, I left the studio and went into the newsroom to see everyone staring up at our bank of TVs. The whole world had changed.

19. Rob says:

I am sooooo incredibly happy if this comes to fruition. SPOOOOOOOON!!!!!

20. Hi, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am
    as well delighted to share my experience here with friends.

21. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it’s time to be
    happy. I have learn this post and if I may I desire to recommend
    you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles relating to this article.

I wish to read even more issues approximately it!