Longmire Cancelled by A&E — Might Another Network Lasso the Drama?

Longmire Cancelled

Looks like we may never find out who got gunned down out there by the skeet range.

TVLine has learned that A&E has cancelled Longmire, which ended its third season earlier this month. The sad news comes almost a year to the day after A&E pulled the plug on The Glades after four seasons.

RELATED Longmire Season 3 Finale Recap: Feathers and Sons

“We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling,” reads a statement from A&E. “We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together.”

Sources tell TVLine that producer Warner Horizon will shop the Wyoming-set crime drama to other networks.

RELATED Nick and Drew Lachey to Star in A&E Doscuseries

Longmire wrapped Season 3 with an audience of 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, down 16 and 45 percent from its sophomore finale.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

1. Spikenalabama says:

It was bad enough when they cancelled The Glades but now Longmire too? Bye bye A&E. Youv won’t sucker me in again!

2. Lorie says:

This blows!

3. Shelley says:

My favorite show. Darned A&E canceling a great show again in favor of more reality shows. They suck.

4. rehabber says:

First the Glades and now Longmire..A&E a pox on your house.

5. Shelley says:

Well, maybe one of the other cable stations or prime time will pick it up. It was quality programming.

6. This is just a shame. Hope The Great White Warrior sticks his lance in A&E.

7. jack cannon says:

Fool me twice, my fault. First The Glades, now Longmire. I will NEVER watch A&E again.

8. Schatzi49 says:

Another of my favorite shows cancelled. A&E what is going on. Guess I’ll check out Netflix.

9. Leslie says:

Who didn’t see this coming, seriously!? I knew from the moment the season ended that A&E would cancel it. They don’t seem to like keeping any shows other than the awful reality shows that keep popping up on there. I stopped watching the cable station (except when Longmire came back this past season) after The Glades was cancelled. I don’t watch dribble. Finally I don’t have to worry about watching anything on A&E ever again.

• Barb says:

Leslie, I agree — I stopped watching anything on A&E except Longmire long ago. What the heck is wrong with them? Although I definitely did NOT see this coming — thought this was a great season. I’m just hoping that Netflix picks it up, and then many more people will become aware of it — I think the problem is that A&E carries so much crap, that no one thinks to look there for an interesting show. They should definitely change the name of their network — there is no Art, and now no Entertainment involved in it, whatsoever! :)

• susanj says:

Not everyone has Netflix. Cable is expensive enough already. Just one of the other cable channels can pick them up, one with good programing already instead of all the reality shows. People like to watch catfights and ignorance. I guess it makes their lives seem better. Just watching the commercials for those reality shows is annoying and cause NOT to watch them.

• susanj says:

I tried to email A&E and couldn’t find any way to contact them. Maybe I was looking at things wrong. I don’t have facebook, maybe that is the reason.

• Bob Creer says:

u go girl…well said! ! !

10. Shar says:

So sad, what a great show. Maybe another network will pick it up like USA or TNT?

11. Vicki S. says:

Unbelievable that they would cancel Longmire. It was my favorite show and now you have taken it away from us. How dare you. Instead you put trashy shows on that are not family oriented and we lose out. Shame on you for being so narrow minded. I hope all your shows get low ratings and you fall to the ground.

12. Kim says:

I am so bummer!! I loved this show and looked forward to the next season.

13. Linda Cain says:

Hate that! Love the show! Hope it gets picked up on another network.

14. Mary Allgauer says:

Our family love Longmire, We will never watch A&e again when they get a good show they cancel. Hope another channel picks it up. A&E take your channel put it where the sun don<t shine !!!!!!!!!!

15. Pat says:

That’s it, done with A&E.

16. GildedRose says:

And this is why I’ll never bother with an A&E program again. The Glades was bad enough but they did the exact same thing with Longmire by ending it on an unnecessary cliffhanger when they knew they weren’t going to renew. Totally ridiculous.

17. Cliona says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I love this show. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE another channel pick it up. PLEASE 😭

18. These channels keep canceling some great shows and putting crappy stuff in it place this is why no watches or cares if the channels go bankrupt or not the glades and long mire is the only thing me and wife watch on that channel so I guess hopefully someone will pick it up and keep the same people in the show just saying A&E sucks for this

19. Jerry says:

R U KIDDING ME??????????????????? One of the best shows on TV and u cancel it? I’m still not over the cancellation of The Glades and now this. I guess I’m just gonna stop watching A&E.
    Why not cancel Duck Travesty, uh, I mean Dynasty????

20. jmbarry says:

They pulled the plug on a really good finale. Now we’ll just have to imagine how it ended up. A&E, what’re you thinkin’?

21. mewp12 says:

I hope someone picks it up. this was a stupid move on their part.

22. Barbaramorningstar says:

Aaah! Longmire is one of my favorite shows. I love the cast, the stories, the setting……everything. And it is ending with cliffhangers that will go unresolved. I hope they can find another home for this fine show. If not, a wrap up movie should be done.

23. Lauren says:

Dang it! I will not get invested in another A&E show!!

24. Patrycia says:

This sucks,period. This is a great show I watched it since it started, I watch it live and DVR it for my husband who works nights and then I watch it together with him. The show has a great storyline nd superb characters. I can only hope another station will pick it up.

25. James Cusano says:

That sucks I hate A&E. They get good shows get us interested then just pull the rug out from under us. F-you A&E…

26. Anna says:

Damm!!! This amazing show gets the boot and the crappy ones still goes on… TV is so unfear!

27. Becky says:

A&E really needs to rename themselves Reality Cr*p TV – only for idiots.

28. Mary Stinespring and Les says:

Surely hope someone else picks this up.
    WE LOVE THIS SHOW.

29. A&E likes to just leave viewers hanging. Did the same with the Glades. SMH…why would I invest my time watching any of their upcoming shows (if they have any)?

30. Linda says:

I am very disappointed in A&E for canceling Longmire. I really don’t know what else I watch on that network so I guess this is good bye to A&E for me.

31. Sick of Tv says:

So sick and tired of spending time watching shows that leave a cliffhanger only for them not to be resolved!!! If you think it’s going to be cancelled why have a cliffhanger?????? Stupid!!!

32. Rich says:

Longmire had a decent following what the hell is A&E thinkng? 1st they cancled the Glades another great show and now this.For $hit sakes your A&E This probably dosn’t mean $hit but I will never watch A &E again.$crew you A&E

33. Tony Lang says:

Somebody get Netflix on the line RFN!

34. supertech14 says:

awww bummer-this sucks!

35. Debbie says:

Why? Was a good show is another network going to pick it up?

36. wamboyil says:

Well, I never watched A&E before Longmire, and now I have no reason to ever watch that network again. Bad decision.

37. GhostWolf says:

Bummer. Well, I can now remove the channel from my viewing list. Have no interest in reality show rubbish that this once quality station channel has for the bulk of their lineup. Hope another station picks it up to resolve the bloody cliffhanger they left us with.

38. Carole Smith says:

I am so sad to see that Longmire was cancelled. It was a great show with great actors!!!

39. Cath says:

A&E sucks. This is a great show!

40. Patrycia says:

I don’t think I will invest anymore of my time on A&E First The Glades now Longmire, leaving the viewer hanging. If this is how they run their programs. Well with cable, I have hundrds of other shows to choose from. Shame on A&E for letting their viewers down…. This was a really great show. I watched it live and DVR’d for my husbnd who works nights and then I watched it again, it was that good.

41. Sheldon Wiebe says:

Longmire is/was the best mystery series on TV. This sucks big.

• Sheldon Wiebe says:

Quick addendum: Longmire was the only show on A&E that I watched in real time. Unless The Returned is as good as the French original, it might be the last.

42. Melisa says:

I think A&E is crazy to cancel longmire just like they did the glades a great network would be TNT to pick up one or both

43. Edna says:

Nooooooooooo. Bet they will keep that stupid Duck Dynasty though. Heaven forbid they keep a show with good actors and great scripts. Will cross A&E off my tv list.

44. JeffDJ says:

Well, that is extremely disappointing. I guess A&E has to make room for another crappy reality show. Hopefully the series will find continued life elsewhere.

45. Sandy Murphy says:

Boo, this is a good drama show.

46. Diane says:

Very very disappointed. Why do good shows get cancelled especially when there is a cliff hanger? I hope another cable station takes a look at this great show and take over. The whole cast was superb. Sad sad news!

47. Hank Cheyne Garcia says:

I was blessed to have had a role in 5 episodes this season. I have never worked with a better, more professional group of talented people , I guess thats why they call it show Business. To the the Cast, Crew and everyone involved, here’s to a bright future and continued success. PCE and LV

48. MAS says:

A&E – two shows, two unresolved cliffhangers involving potential death. I can guess Jim survived on Glades, but I honestly have no idea what happened on that shooting range. I won’t take chance on any new shows in the future. You clearly can’t manage your shows to allow them to end with grace.

49. Joan Morgal says:

Devastated – great television – loved this show!!

50. dj says:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed. It’s an awesome show.

• Jeri Bills says:

So Disappointed! We loved this show. Not the cookie cutter cute guys who are all interchangeable, but a rugged, imperfect, older lead. Excellent supporting actors. Interesting weekly stories as well as the uniting thread of Walt’s wife’s death and this past season the gradual decline of Brand. Please let Netflix, our new favorite channel, pick it up.

• Erin says:

Come ON NETFLIX!!!!!! Grab The Glades while you are at it PLEASE!!!!!!! I would love to know who at least shot Jim, why, and did they get married! MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE