Young & Hungry's Emily Osment Teases 'Huge' Wedding Finale Cliffhanger

Young & Hungry Finale

Josh’s wedding day finally arrives (early!) on Wednesday’s Young & Hungry finale (ABC Family, 8/7c), and star Emily Osment admits to TVLine that her character is “not exactly as ready as everybody else is for him to get married.”

RELATED Young & Hungry‘s Ashley Tisdale on Playing Gay, Leaving Sharpay Behind

After all, a ring on Josh’s finger would mean the end of his will-they-won’t-they (again) relationship with Gabi, which Osment hopes to explore in future seasons.

“Because Josh is a little older, and a little out of her league, being with him might mature her,” she says of Gabi. “That said, when you’re dating someone who’s so far ahead of you in life and in their career, it can also make the relationship unbalanced. I don’t know if Gabi’s necessarily ready for that, so I’m hoping we can expand her journey over a couple seasons so she can become the leading lady Josh needs and she deserves.”

But maybe she won’t have to worry about that. As with most TV weddings, Josh’s nuptials don’t exactly go as planned.

“There’s a huge cliffhanger moment in the episode,” Osment teases. “It was partially for us, and partially for ABC Family. Like, ‘Hey, don’t you want to know what happens next? We should have a second season!’ It truly does end with the most amazing cliffhanger.”

Young & Hungry FinaleHypothetically, if Josh does tie the knot, there’s only one guy from Gabi’s past Osment would like to see back in the game: Jesse McCartney’s Cooper.

“We’ve made such a great story with Cooper,” she explains. “Jesse and Jonathan Sadowski have a history together, as do Jesse and I, and I feel like we have such a great chemistry, the three of us. He’s a completely opposite character from Josh, and it makes you wonder which guy would really be best for her. It would be great to have him back and to explore both relationships.”

Osment would also like to see Rex Lee’s Elliot find love in a potential Season 2 — and she’s already playing matchmaker.

“I’m hoping, and this is just my pipe dream, but I want Sean Hayes to guest-star so we can see a Rex Lee love story,” she says. “I’m such a big fan of Sean’s, and I think they’re friends, so I really think we should have him on. Why not? We haven’t given Rex anybody yet!”

How do you hope the Young & Hungry finale ends? Are you Team Josh or Team Cooper? Go ahead and drop your thoughts on the ABC Family comedy in a comment below.

1. Sarah T. says:

I was slightly surprised that the season finale is going to be Josh getting married. It felt kind of fast since he just proposed at the beginning of the season (which was just a few episodes ago). That being said, it makes sense since they’re more than likely setting him for Gabi down the line. I’m thinking that both Josh and his future bride to be (I can’t remember her name) are set to write their own vows. Josh is going to struggle to find the right words to say and his fiancé will freak out a bit that he’s not ready to marry her. When the fiancé bails during rehearsal and Gabi stands in, I’m guessing Josh will be able to find just the right words to say to her (proclaiming his love) which will take everyone (including Josh) by surprise. Naturally when he does this, his fiancé will show up at rehearsal and see that Josh has feelings for Gabi.

2. Tran says:

Hate to wonder if Young & Hungry gets renewed. Like Emily Osment even though she was so great on Hannah Montana.

3. Jared says:

I hope ABCFamily gives Young & Hungry a chance to grow and renews it for a second season. Its a cute comedy that deserves some love from the network, even though ABCFamily loves to cancel shows with cliffhangers..and that worries me.

4. Kay says:

I really like this show, hope ABC Family renews!

5. MP says:

I love this show and hope it gets renewed. I find it charming and it makes me laugh out loud. I was surprised how much I looked forward to watching it every week. I can’t wait to see what happens!

6. Megan says:

My daughter and I love this show and look forward to It every week. Young and hungry is the best new show and I hope they renew it but more importantly, I hope it is super soon. The cast had great chemistry. Gonna miss it. Wish I could watch it and Baby daddy and M/J every night!!

7. sarah says:

This show has to be renewed! I’m in my 20s and I still looked forward to it every week. Laughing out loud too! Need to see Gabi with Josh!

8. Kailey says:

Please renew! The cliffhanger was horrible and I love this show! I look forward to watching it every week!

9. Becky C. says:

Love this show. My family and i, look forward to watching it each week.
    Fingers crossed that it gets renewed. Especially after this cliff-hanger.

10. Becky C. says:

By the way. I’m for team Josh!

11. Aria says:

I am so on team Josh

12. Anthony says:

The wife and I can not believe that it is over, it sucks. Now what are we going to talk about? Actually the only show I have followed since I quit following Weeds and The Lying Game due to moving from Texas to Georgia. I hope ABCFamily will give it a chance to continue for a second season and maybe evolve into something bigger.

13. Jaclyn says:

I look forward to seeing this show every week! It’s something new, not the same boring sitcom! Hope ABC Family renews it!!

14. shelby says:

I love the show and hope they renew. I can’t believe how the season ended. Don’t get me wrong I’ve loved Jesse Mccartney since i was little and i like seeing him on the show but I’m team josh all the way. i mean come on he climbed the fire escape

15. mommy 3 says:

Love the show team Josh hope hope there is a season 2

16. Haydee says:

I was so very excited at the end when Josh was finally going to make his move and be with Gaby and when she opened the door to find Cooper that excitement flew out the window and i was so upset haha. I ship them so much! If they dont get renewed, there will be little hole in me that will never be filled due to the unfulfilled cliffhanger ><

17. MDMM says:

Season 2 please!

18. annette hall says:

I Love Young and Hungry Wednesday night would suck if it wasn’t on….

19. S&N says:

Please renew this show! Didn’t expect much and was pleasantly surprised. Whole family loves it. Laugh out loud moments in every episode. Love the idea of Sean Hayes guesting! Love the cast of chacters including Jesse McCartney. Team Cooper!

20. Lisa says:

Team josh!!!! Must renew!!

21. Deanna B says:

I really hope Young and Hungry is renewed! I look forward to new episodes every week. It’s a fun, new show that deserves more episodes. The cliffhanger made it practically necessary for more episodes! I think the cast is really talented and funny and would love to see the characters continue their work. Abc family could use this fresh comedy since there are already many dramas. I love sitting down and watching the new episodes and laughing so much. Please renew it for at least another season ABC Family!

22. Jasmine says:

I had a feeling that Cooper was going to ruin that ending because like all finales they all end the way we don’t want it to be. If it did, it would make the TV show shorter and i’m pretty sure no one wants a short season. But I have a feeling Josh is going to slowly show his feelings toward Gabby in the next season. Plus, I have a feeling Caroline is going to come back and change for Josh making Gabby jealous and so forth. Gabby and Josh are going to slowly get back together when they learn that True Love always comes back to each other. So, Josh and Gabby for the win!!!

23. Rachel Hansen says:

I’m so in love with young and hungry! Emily does an amazing job playing Gabi and I am forever team Gabi and Josh broke my heart seeing josh out on the fire escape looking in. I couldn’t be happier he broke it off with Caroline! I’m the old fashioned love story kind of girl and I hope for many more episodes. I even have to DVR them so I don’t miss any not even one episode! Great casting job!

24. bari kula says:

Great show. Cast is so much fun. My college daughter and I are having the Cooper-Josh debate. She is Team Cooper and I am Team Josh! It is not often a show leaves you thinking about two great guys.
    How long until we see new episodes?

25. Rose says:

Team Josh always!!!! Talk about a big cliffhanger!!!!Can’t wait to see how this plays out. But Gabi does deserve to be with Josh.

26. Diana P. says:

I love this show! Way to funny. I look forward to it every wed night!! I really hope it gets renewed! I need to see Josh and Gabi get together :) :)

27. Donna Franco says:

Please don’t cancel! Twisted already got cancelled and left us with a million questions please don’t do that with this show. TEAM JOSH!

28. PLS DON’T CANCEL “YOUNG AND HUNGRY.” It’s the best!!!!!!!! :( JOSH SADOWSKI ALL THE WAY!!!!!! ABC Family please don’t cancel :-(

29. NINA says:

love this show!!!!!hope abc family renews they already took so many good shows away better not be this one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Cali says:

I want to see gabby and josh together !

31. sam says:

Please renew this show, it’s cute and refreshing, the chemistry between the cast members is amazing.

32. iliana says:

Hopefully they have a 2nd season, I LOVEEEEEE this show. I always looked fwd to the next week so I can watch the new episode. Josh & Gabi are meant to be together & Cooper needs to go back to China!

33. Hannah says:

I’m soooo TEAM JOSH. the finale made me angry cuz I thought finally they can get together but then cooper came out of NO WHERE.

34. Hannah says:

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeee don’t cancel this show. Cuz this is my favorite show. I wait for it to come on every Wednesday.

35. Briana says:

Team josh !!

36. Leah says:

I really hope Young and Hungry gets renewed I love the show and would hate to see it end on a cliffhanger like that. The season finale legit broke my heart, I’m team josh all the way.

37. Katherine says:

Love this show and look forward to it every week! Please renew it and make it soon. Totally team josh! Chemistry of the characters is great and the show makes me laugh, especially after a long day of work. Unbelievably refreshing – way better than reality tv which seems to be the only thing on anymore!

38. Ashley McCoy says:

Team josh !

39. Peaches says:

Teem josh

40. michael perales says:

#TEAMJOSH#LOVINTHE#PRETTYWOMAN#MOMENT##SIGHHH…….#####SEASON2!!

41. vict says:

Definitely team Josh .. I believe there will always be that connection between them more so than with Cooper. He’s just the next best thing.

42. trish oliver says:

Gotta be Josh!

43. Mary says:

Team Josh all the way they belong together they both know exactly what means the most to the other

44. Rose says:

Totally team Josh! He has loved her from the beginning and now stupid Cooper the pooper scooper shows up and expects to get gabbi. No!! I really hope her and Joh come together!

45. Nicole says:

Josh and Gabi are the cutest! We need a season 2!

46. darlin says:

Team josh

47. rachael says:

Love the show and I hope it’s renewed! I agree with someone else’s comment that the finale was fast, it felt like they just sped up to get to the wedding and then there was so much they had to fit in to a half hour it seemed rushed and could have developed the story more. The cliffhanger was great though! Definitely did not see that coming. I hope there’s a second season so we can follow their story more!

48. Aisha says:

I’m team josh ! They belonged together since day 1, please make a second season and let josh and gabbie be together