Ratings: Tyrant Ends on Down Note, Final Chelsea Hits 2-Year High, PLL Up

Tyrant Finale Ratings

FX’s Tyrant closed its first season on Tuesday night with 1.52 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating — up a few eyeballs week-to-week yet down a precious tenth in the demo.

Versus its premiere, the yet-to-be-renewed drama was down 27 percent and a tenth.

RELATED Ratings: Talent Tops Tuesday, Special Bachelor in Paradise Matches Monday Numbers

Over on ABC Family, Pretty Little Liars‘ Season 5A finale drew 2.3 mil and a 1.0, up a good 25 percent week-to-week to score its second-best numbers of the season. Yet versus its June premiere, the drama was down 15 percent and a tenth.

RELATED Pretty Little Liars Post Mortem: Latest Victim Reveals Her Ghostly Return, Revenge Plans for Alison and More

Lastly, Chelsea Lately‘s star/”star”-studded finale on E! attracted its biggest audience in two-and-a-half years (1 million viewers) and its best demo rating in one year (0.5). Versus its average for the final week, the talker surged 60 percent.

1. Rebecca says:

Chelsea’s last show was hilarious from start to finish. Such random celebs popping up in the sing-a-long.

2. Cassie Barker says:

I really hope Tyrant is renewed. I’d hate to think the series ended with Barry in prison awaiting execution and Jamal still in power. How bout it FX? Renew Tyrant!

• Ron says:

I tried to like Tyrant, but it didn’t work for me. I stuck it out for the whole season, but just ended up not caring about it at all. I grew to not care for any of them, not even Barry–and I liked him in the beginning. After the season ended, I actually decided I’d be completely fine with Barry in prison awaiting execution if the show weren’t to get renewed. My opinion is that Tyrant would be no loss to FX because they have much better dramas (The Bridge, The Strain).

3. Jeff says:

I didn’t get into Tyrant at the start of the series, but it certainly got my attention by the end. I hope it is renewed; it’s hard investing in characters that get left hanging!

4. ninamags says:

Tyrant needs to get renewed. Why rile us up and think Barry will be the next tyrant only to get caught and all momentum stopped.

Please, FX, renew it.

5. If the ratings for Tyrant were down I would blame promotion. I watch that show religiously and I thought last weeks episode was the finale. I was surprised to realize that there was another episode. Social medium promotion was weak. This is a really good show I need a season 2

6. Cory says:

Tyrant struck a chord with me and it’s one of my fave FX dramas for sure, I’ll be so sad if it doesn’t get renewed.

7. danoregon says:

Hated the kids on Tyrant – and the sister. If it comes back – introducing more likable characters might help.

8. Mercy Kelly says:

Tyrant is a great show ad it should be renewed.

9. Rinska says:

Tyrant was great! I would love to see Episode 2! I agree it had poor advertisement, I just happen to be flipping through the channels when I came across it, and began watching it faithfully!

10. Sue St. John says:

I really enjoyed Tyrant and I really hope it comes back. It is very unusual for me to even check to see how a series did. I just really want a season 2. I agree that it had poor advertisement. Come on FX bring it back…..