First Photo: Lucy Lawless as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Isabelle Hartley

If looks could kill… Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. may want to hit CostCo for a shrink-wrapped 48-pack of body bags, based on the first photo of Lucy Lawless’ Season 2 character.

RELATED Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts FNL‘s Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird

As previously reported, TV’s erstwhile Xena will debut in the season opener, titled “Shadows,” as Isabelle Hartley, a veteran S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who is — it should totally go without saying — “tough,” EP Maurissa Tancharoen has affirmed. “She may have a knife that’s always by her side.” Marvel.com first posted the photo below.

RELATED Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Scoop: Kyle MacLachlan to Play [Huge Spoiler]

ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. opens Season 2 on Tuesday, Sept. 23, now airing at 9/8c.

Agents of SHIELD Lucy Lawless

1. dancmh says:

Hate the show but love Lucy. Damn I’ll have to watch an episode or two.

2. christine says:

This may draw me back for a few episodes but the first half of the first season was underwhelming. It did have a nice few episodes as the season closed. I do want to see Mockingbird too.

3. Rick Katze says:

Based on the Marvel Movies, looking back one can see how the first half of SHIELD had to play. Fortunately the 2nd half of the season brought a story line back.

Hopefully they will NOT suffer the same situation this year with Avengers 2 coming out. if they repeat the season one script, SHIELD is not likely to survive which I would find unfortunate.

• cobalt20 says:

Avengers 2 doesn’t come out til May 1, when SHIELD should be almost over. And given what we know of the subject matter of A2, I doubt it could have the same significance to the show that CA:TWS did. AoS has plenty of material to work with rebuilding SHIELD from the ground up, I don’t think they will need or want to have major tie-ins to the movies this season.

4. Caitlin says:

So ready for this…

5. Joey Padron says:

Good first photo of her on show. Can’t wait to see her in new season!

6. pam says:

Awesome casting! Can’t wait for season2. Wasn’t to sure about the show til the last few episodes with paxton sealed the deal. Oh, and the betrayer guy. Cute but can’t remember his name. Damn.

7. cjeffery7 says:

let’s hope she doesn’t pull a BSG ;-) then again, she played that twist and subsequent character arc with aplomb!