Emmys

Video: Idris Elba Promises 'There Will Be More' Luther, Floats Film Idea

Idris Elba has some good news for all the Luther fans out there.

“It’s not over. There will be more,” the British series’ star promised TVLine’s Michael Ausiello on the Emmys red carpet Monday.

Elba’s psychological crime drama is “one of those shows that can keep going and going,” the Emmy nominee said, adding that someday he’d even like to bring the detective chief inspector to the big screen.

Press PLAY on the video at the top of the post to hear Elba elaborate on Season 4 — and to find out whether or not we’re likely to see Alice again anytime soon.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Emmys, Interviews

1. Tran says:

He’ll always be Stringer Bell from The Wire forever. One of my favorite TV dramas of all time.

2. sladewilson says:

Brilliant series. And they definitely need to go to the big screen….

3. torimelching says:

I am all for more Luther and Idris on my screen.

4. Autumn says:

I would love more Luther, except I thought the ending was so perfect I wouldn’t want it to be ruined…

5. LaLa says:

I think there is so much more that can be explored in the Luther series. But Mr. Elba has been so busy. It’s good to know this will remain a possibility.

6. Kris says:

I’d love more Luther. But it should definitely include more Alice. She makes the show much more interesting.

7. More Alice!!! My only objection to a movie is that it would limit the time. I think the 6-8 hour series are perfect.

8. CKG says:

As long as Alice is there, I’m watching.

9. Maxine says:

LOVE>>>LOVE>>>LOVE Luther!! Best TV series…Need MORE episodes! Should have swept up every award out there!

10. Hi my boyfriend and I are crazy over this show. Its very addicting !!!! Love love love!!!!!!

11. ? says:

Sweet, but Alice is an integral part of what makes this show for me. His weird sympatico pseudofriendship with a sociopath killer somehow comes from a place of real truth for these characters, and is endlessly interesting. It’s the kind of thing you’d groan about if you only read that sentence and hadn’t watched the show ’cause it’s something a million bad shows try to do with trite results, but on this show, for some reason, it’s authentic.

12. Love the show, it should be on tv instead of law and order. I will watch, keeps your attention. Love Luther.