Emmys

Video: Matt Bomer on Shocking White Collar Finale, Secretive AHS Role

If American Horror Story creator Ryan Murphy ever switches to smaller jobs and needs some casting help, Matt Bomer is there.

“I trust Ryan implicitly,” the White Collar star — and Emmy nominee — told Michael Ausiello on the red carpet at this year’s awards ceremony. “If he asked me to come do a car-wax commercial, I’d go do it with him. I think he’s one of the great talents of our time.”

RELATED  The Normal Heart Wins Outstanding TV Movie at 2014 Emmys

Murphy, of course, directed Bomer in HBO’s The Normal Heart, and the pair also worked together when Bomer guest-starred on Glee and The New Normal. Their next collaboration will come in AHS‘ upcoming Freak Show season — a part Bomer accepted without knowing what the heck it is.

But first up, the “shock”- and “surprise”-filled series finale of Bomer’s USA Network series, which just wrapped filming.

Press PLAY on the video above for all the details.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Emmys, Finales, Interviews, Video

1. torimelching says:

Any chance we get WC this year or will they hold off till 2015?

2. M3rc Nate says:

After so many disappointing finales…and so many disappointing seasons of TV (Falling Skies, Suits, True Blood, etc)…it would be great for White Collar to step up and deliver a good, or hell great final season and finale. Take a clue from Burn Notice, have some fun twists and turns, have a creatively entertaining season and finale, but give the fans what they want at the same time.

• BTM says:

Interesting. I found the final season of Burn Notice to be turgid and unwatchable, with Michael losing all my sympathy.

• prish says:

Killing off the brother killed the show for me — Burn Notice.

• Temperance says:

I don’t think I’d ever consider holding up Burn Notice as a ‘bar’ to reach – season or finale. It was all pretty competent, but hardly remarkable. White Collar’s lesser episodes top anything BN ever did.

• Mary S says:

I thought the series finale of HOUSE was the best I’ve ever seen from a drama, and the end of Newhart was just spectacular! If you haven’t seen it, find it, it was perfect.

3. Matt is always so charming in interviews. Him not winning the Emmy for his performance in ‘The Normal Heart’ was an absolute disgrace!

4. Joey Padron says:

Good interview with Matt. Can’t wait for White Collar’s final season. Sad he didn’t win Emmy last night. He should have won.

5. Mary S says:

I want Neil to find true love and get hired by the FBI. Unfortunately, from hearing the interview, I am afraid it’s going to be a “cliffhanger” -“leaves them on the edge of their seats” – I have already lost 2 shows on cliffhangers (The Glades and Longmire) and I will be VERY upset if they do that to me again!! Although, A&E is not as trustworthy as it used to be, so I guess those two losses were to be expected. I do NOT expect that USA would do that to us…I hope!