Syfy's Lost Girl Ending After Season 5, Star Anna Silk Announces

Syfy’s Lost Girl is going out “with a bang” — and sooner than anticipated.

RELATED True Blood Post Mortem: EP Defends Finale Death, Explains Sookie’s Future

Star Anna Silk took to Canadian broadcaster Showcase’s YouTube account on Monday to announce that the drama’s upcoming fifth season — consisting of 16 episodes, airing in two parts — will also be its last. (TVLine has confirmed Silk’s announcement.)

“While endings are always sad, this one comes with a tremendous gift,” Silk says of the “super-sized” final season. “So while we might be saying goodbye, we’ll be doing it with a bang.”

Lost Girl fans, are you bummed the series is reaching its conclusion, or do you think it’s time for Bo to hang up her hat for good? Drop a comment with your take on the news below.

1. rivensky says:

Honestly, good. The show was always campy, but last season was too much. And with the only two characters I enjoyed gone, I see no reason to watch season five.

2. Brian Reed says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Derek117 says:

TV series have a lifespan dependent on how long the characters and stories remain interesting. While “Lost Girl” is not at the point that it’s no longer interesting, the signs were beginning to appear. I’ll be glad to see the SuperSized final season.

4. Will (@IWillifIWanna) says:

Totally bummed that it’s ending and wish that it’d had a longer run. I’ll miss them when it’s over. It’s not over yet and I miss them already!

• Elizabeth Morgan says:

Agreed! I love this show, and I really believe that they could’ve gotten at least one more season. There are a lot of unanswered questions and storylines that could be built upon. So, yeah, totally bummed here as well.

5. Now let’s end the fiasco that has been a near quarter-year delay in Continuum’s renewal or not, Showcase!

6. Nicki Dreyer says:

I just binge watched seasons 1-4. I have to say I’m happy to see an end in sight. Season 4 was a mess and was no longer the show I enjoyed. I really didn’t enjoy the second half and the 2 major deaths featured my fave characters.

• Shunda1177 says:

Totally agree! Season 4 was a HOT mess. I know the arc was about “The Wanderer” but each episode just seemed like they were jumping all over the place. Here’s hoping they go out on a good note…

• Csbd says:

iTA.. I kept feeling like I had missed episodes last season because the story and canon was all over the place.

• Chris says:

This thread says everything about Lost Girl. I hope that can figure out a way to make it the interesting/fun/clever/involving show it used to be.

• Thici Diniz says:

Agree. S4 was a MESS! i knew that a terrible season like that would bring consequences. And here it is.

7. Lem says:

Another great Canadian based tv show to end.

8. Deborah hartwell says:

Thank goodness . It should have ended last season very campy and stupid

9. kelly says:

I love this show but it probably is time to end. I just hope Haven isnt over.

• Thilia says:

Given their track record for killing shows after 5 Seasons, I would say Haven has an expiration date on it. They likely won’t announce it until after 5A airs, but count on 5B being the end. Haven is now the oldest show not marked as a final season.

10. Mark says:

Although I’m sorry to see its ending I’m glad they are getting to end it on there terms. So hopefully we will get a proper ending to the series like Fringe when they knew this was there final season….. Only request less camp this season and more story unlike warehouse 13 which failed until the last two episodes in its final run…..

11. dj says:

definitely time to hang up her hat…

12. It would have bothered me had it ended last season.

13. David4 says:

Well of course, no Syfy show can go longer than 5 seasons, it’s a rule.

14. Cassandra says:

I think I’d be more upset by this news if season 4 hadn’t been so awful

15. christine says:

Go out while its still good

16. JC1 says:

I’m fine with it. It’s been a Netflix show for me, and not one I’m hugely invested in. I just finished the fourth season a couple of weeks ago, and while I wouldn’t have liked it ending on that particular cliffhanger, I agree with others that season four was kind of a mess. Hopefully they pull it together for the final season. The Bo and Kenzi relationship is what I enjoy most about the show, so I hope the season four cliffhanger doesn’t take too long to get resolved.

17. Jimmy says:

Season 4 was a mess, which is a shame considering how great it was up through season 3. I’ve never been one to believe series should go on forever and if they can end this on a high note then great. See Dexter and True Blood as examples of how not to end a series.

18. I would have liked to see it have at least 6 seasons. I will especially miss the amazing cast. I’m looking forward to seeing their future projects!

19. meatwad says:

this show has been a favorite of mine from the beginning but there were definitely some storylines that i didn’t care for. I’m glad its going out before there is nothing left. Still hurting over what happened to our girl, yall know who i’m talking about :(

20. Lizo says:

Glad it’s choosing it’s own end. Plus, this makes it much more likely that Continuum will get a renewal!!

21. hmph says:

Whaaat a show that airs on the Syfy channel that getting canceled after the fourth or fifth season? Oh my gosh who would have expected, that never, ever, happens. (Yes, yes I know, you don’t have to say it, I heard it the first 3 times, it wasn’t their decision. Clearly it was just a coincidence that this is the twelfth show they’ve aired that was canceled after either the 4th or 5th season. I guess 2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern, and 12 is a . . .coincidence again, apparently)

22. Jess says:

I’ll miss this show. I love Bo and Kenzie. I am so sad that it’s ending but at least they will be able to end it properly.

• jessica says:

I hate that lost girl is ending I’ve watched scence season 1 and fell in love with it Kenzie is awesome but Bo and Lauren r the top couple they should be together and I wouldn’t mind seeing season 5 end with Bo and Lauren tying the knot

23. Kat says:

The last season was nearly incomprehensibly awful. Usually when I say I think monkey’s must have been writing a show, I’m being glib. I literally think monkeys wrote Lost Girl season 4. So yeah, I’m not too bummed it’s ending, I only hope they can salvage something watchable out of the last season so I can say proper goodbye to the characters I used to love.

24. Jack says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :(
    This. Sucks.

25. Tiff says:

After Hale and Kenzie, who’s next…Lauren? Trick? Let’s just make the last season about Dyson’s abs. Oh, wait…

• JC1 says:

I will be very surprised (and disappointed since she’s my favorite character) if Kenzi is gone for good. I do think we’ve seen the last of Hale though, sadly.

26. Gail Nichols says:

THEY CANT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!! we have to petition them to keep it going!! whose with me on this?? everyone, find out the address of the producers or whoever is resposible, and start sending them packages of glitter- Kenzi’s ‘pixie dust’. drown them in a sea of glitter, so they know we mean business when we say we want the show back!

• Teresa says:

Agree with you, send the petition, we need more “Lost Girl”

• piper1299 says:

I’m with you and it’s already begun. I and many other Lost Girl fans have started petitions to re-new the show. We have re-new Lost Girl fan sites all over Twitter and Showcase is hearing from us all on a daily basis. Go to #Re-New Lost Girl S6 Twitter.com

27. Thici Diniz says:

I stopped watching Lost Girl in the middle of the AWFUL season 4..The show got really boring to me..and the writing became so bad..all over the place!! S1 and S3 were very good (especially S3), but yeah..i’m not gonna miss it, because the show became a train wreck in S4. But the good days will remain in my memory anyways.

28. Tee says:

Love this show but it’s really gone downhill. I was kind of over watching it, but might tune back in just to see how it ends now.

29. Kitsa says:

I love Lost Girl. I will miss it dearly. Especially Doccubus. I love the way the writers treated same sex relationships. They will live in my heart forever.

30. twohot4summer@yahoo.com says:

Noooo this is so sad : (

31. Renee Easley says:

I am so unhappy about this . However since they killed my Siren I guess it is time for the succubus to give her last passionate kiss.

32. Vince Martin says:

Truly sad to learn season 5 will be the last. I enjoyed the short breaks from reality that every episode so far has given me. Thank you to cast and crew, and hope your next ventures are enjoyable and rewarding.

33. Emigdia says:

We as loyal fans please tell us the truth we would have so much more appreciation for you guys. I know everybody needs to move in by not this soon. But it was an incredible show.

34. fae_natic says:

This series took me by surprise ! It is so good and season four was so interesting , hope it doesn’t end so quickly.

35. Sweets says:

The Alphas…now, Lost Girl. Honestly, guys, I think it’s my fault. Every show I take interest in gets cancelled. My bad :-( . If it WOULD help, I would sign a petition to keep Lost Girl airing.

• tyler says:

I feel the same way i also loved alphas and was heart broken by both of their cancellations every show i watch gets cancelled.

36. Emigdia says:

Why is an awesome show ending, this is stupid. And kesenia solo better be in the last season. Just cuz season 4 was dang what happened doesn’t mean it needs to end.

37. Janice F. says:

I am soooo sad that my favorite show (of my life) is about to end!! :(

38. amber poling says:

I can’t believe being human isn’t coming back and this is the last season of lost girl. But vampire diarys is still going. They are way off target and never lived up to the books anyway. This is crappy

39. I really loved this series and I am really happy that they will be given the chance to create an ending they want. To many times have I seen great shows get canceled with out getting to end the story properly. I look forward to seeing this last and final season!

40. tyler says:

Im truly upset that lost girl is being canceled and they need to uncancel the show so i can keep watching it

41. joules says:

I am TOTALLY BUMMED!!!
    And agree, season 4 was all over the place. Why can’t they keep good writers!?!
    This started out as a good show – then it went campy- but was still fun to watch.
    Then it went to left field.
    Hey

42. That crazy why would they end it i mean Trublood had eight seasons why couldn’t. They do that for lost girl

43. Steph says:

I’m still really upset that the shows getting cancelled. I really loved it and it felt like it could go on for many more seasons. It’s a bummer but there’s not much we can do but accept it. As long as it doesn’t end on a cliff hanger I’ll be happy. This is my favorite show.

44. aj says:

Well you can thank a lot of things 1 Anna silk had a kid pushing season 4 back 2 it’s hard to wright for a action show if you’re star is limited because she’s pregnant 3 it’s her first kid she’s got the I want to stay home with the baby thing going on don’t blame her 4 season 4 was trash only thing good was the last 2 episodes 5 kenzi and Dyson broke up in real life so drama on the set I love the show and the actors don’t get me wrong I still think kenzi really is the show and Anna silk is not on par as a actor compared to the rest of the cast I wish them all well and hope to see more of solo

45. Lisa says:

I am so said about this! It’s like every time i find a show that I like it gets canceled. U guys r killing me here

46. ellen gibson says:

This ticks me off one of my favorite shows and you cancell it why being human and lost girl are the only reasons i watch syfy you have just lost a big fan you suck

47. Kate Weller says:

Started watching through Netflix, watched all seasons now. Love it. Researched when season 5 would be released to find out that it’s going to be the last season. I’m gutted.
    Brilliant series that I’ve enjoyed so so much

48. Amy says:

No!!! It is ending way to soon. I will be sorry to say goodbye.

49. Lin Somers says:

I love this show. Why?????