Exclusive

Sons of Anarchy's Katey Sagal: It Was Time for [Spoiler] to Die

Loading video...

The Grim Reaper has been a regular fixture on Sons of Anarchy over the years, but the collector of souls was particularly busy in the FX drama’s sixth season — which marked the end of the road for Ron Perlman’s Clay and Maggie Siff’s Tara.

RELATED Sons of Anarchy Final Season Trailer: SAMCR-OMG

Both deaths are hot topics in the show’s Season 6 DVD and Blu-ray box set (out Tuesday), but it’s Clay’s murder that’s the focus of the above exclusive sneak peek.

In the clip, series creator Kurt Sutter and SOA leading lady Kate Sagal reflect on the character’s inevitable end game, with Sutter saying there was a certain “nobility” in Clay’s whacking, and Sagal confessing that “it was time” for her onscreen ex to meet his maker.

Press PLAY on the video and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Did Clay get the death he deserved?

1. Jett says:

Gemma better die in this final season or this show will be a major fail for me if she doesn’t.

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree. If she somehow manages to survive after all this it will ruin the entire series for me. I have to think that is Sutter’s end game in some shape or form. Some people say that having everyone else die and leave her with nothing would be better but for me, I want her to suffer the worst, most grisly death at Jax hand, LOL.

• Bwhit says:

My thoughts exactly! Everyone is saying the worst punishment would be her alone. I don’t care about that, the best payout for us fans who love the show is Jax to do her in!!!!!

2. rose says:

He definitely deserved it. But, at this point when it was finally done, it was heartbreaking because you can see a change in him & actually felt bad for him. I cried when Jax took him out. Very sad, but needed to happen.

3. Amanda says:

I think they both die and Wendy ends up with the kids…why else would they bring her back?

4. B says:

I will say this: Jax or Gemma…one of them must die this season, and the other will either do the deed him/herself or make it happen. That’s the only way to properly end this one!

5. Ray says:

I say Gemma will lose everything and then kill herself.

6. Theresa Guillemette says:

God yes. His greed led to his demise but putting the hit out on Tara sealed.his fate! Glad he met his maker.

7. Bwhit says:

Clay really needed to go and his ending was almost poetic in the way he accepted it. It made me hate him a lot less. After all this time I also think it was right to have Tara go. I loved her character and Maggie Siff but now Jax is going to be so dark and out for revenge which sets up this last season and I hope an epic end to Gemma’s story. I believe she is the most evil one on the show because of her ability to manipulate everyone. Katey Sagal is so amazing in this role.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Clay should’ve died in S4 while Opie was still alive! Love Katey Sagal but Gemma is going down and will see Clay again……in HELL. I hate and love Gemma she’s the only interesting female character on this show and without her causing some trouble the series won’t be that good. Clay and Gemma BOTH are villains…..They deserved what’s coming to them.

9. Tracey says:

I saw an interview a while ago where Sutter said a lot of the writing for the show was based on Shakespeare’s “Hamlet”. So if you know your Hamlet then that just might be how season 7 goes down. I can’t freakin wait!

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

It is going down like that……But! with Sutter you NEVER know what tricks he has up sleeve he likes to mess with the fans when it comes to what’s going to happen next.

• tigersmurfette says:

ah but its been said that only 2 club members die this season. read it on ew.com

10. Coal says:

The Emmy for best Female lead in a Tv Drama goes to ? Katey Segal….wait ?

11. Kelly says:

Yes, with all the people(well most) that he hurt the most watching..bye bye..

12. Leamon says:

I really feel there are several great seasons left. I wish SAMCRO would stay and play a while longer.

13. Steve says:

I’ m crazy about Maggie Sifft and her charachter. I’d have preferred that she offed Gemma instead. Then took over as a ruthless club moma.

14. Mary says:

I dont think clay should have been killed off and thats is why i think the show is going off the air clay made the show.

15. james says:

You guys know this isnt his(Kurts) first show.He did the same thing with Shane and Lem on the Shield that he did with Gemma and Tara.As for Clay he DID deserve to die but that way was to easy but it was the only way to sell what Jax was gonna tell the IRA.The next thing is Gemma dying,does she deserve it,who knows.She has been gang raped,beaten and lord knows what else for Jax and the Club so will she die at the Clubs hand???Probably not but she will die.I think she will kill her self of get caught up in what the Club has going on in this season.

16. Steve says:

I don’t see a strong character that can take over if Jax gets whacked. I don’t like what Kurt has done with Jax. He’s worse than Clay now. Innocents being tortured and killed? Sam Crow looks to collecting enemys faster than prospects. I miss Tara.Please have Wendy whack Gemma and become the new patriarch.