Matt Bomer Nabs 'Warped' Guest Spot on American Horror Story: Freak Show

Matt Bomer Freak Show

Matt Bomer is ready to get his Freak on.

RELATED American Horror Story: New Freak Show Promo Will Leave You Tongue-Tied

The White Collar star will guest-star on an episode of American Horror Story: Freak Show, according to EW.com, in what creator Ryan Murphy describes as a “warped” role.

“I try to get him to do everything for me,” says Murphy, with whom Bomer previously worked on HBO’s The Normal Heart. “I sent him a text that said, ‘First right of refusal, here’s the role.’ It’s very…warped.”

Your thoughts on Bomer’s casting? Hopes for his one-off character? Drop a comment with your take on the news below.

1. Matt’s such a great actor! Ryan really knows how to write him well, love him, love the show!!! Can’t wait until October :)

2. JBC says:

Matt is a fantastic actor. Love him as Neal Caffrey in White Collar.. The more Matt Bomer on our screens big or small the better!! Waiting for the Emmy win too for The Normal Heart..

3. wordsmith says:

Ryan Murphy does seem to like casting him. I was sort of sad that he never resurfaced again on Glee after that one guest spot. More of Matt Bomer singing is rarely a bad thing.

4. jm says:

Love him on Glee. It was great.
    Looking forward to see him here. I am one of the few who enjoyed most of COVEN!
    Could i ask to Murphy that he write a role for Angela Lansbury? He can get her that emmy that she deserves…

• Aprilcot says:

Love the Angela Lansbury idea!! Ryan Murphy really does now how to create good TV for “women of a certain age.”

5. MattArmando says:

Great casting. Very eager for FREAK SHOW!

6. Skiwitch says:

Don’t watch AHS, but watch everything with Matt Bomer, so I’ll be looking out for this. Hoping his recognition for The Normal Heart opens doors to more opportunities on TV and in the movies. I am missing White Collar already.

7. Jared says:

The amount of star power AHS Freakshow has this season is crazy. Cant wait to watch.

8. Joey says:

I was coming here to look for complaints about RM casting people he’s worked with before, as I usually see in these types of articles. But….Joss Whedon and David Lynch do the same thing and no one gives them grief for doing that. :P

9. Patrick Maloney says:

Hope he’s either a really grotesque character from the Freakshow or a really evil denizen of the town

10. Joey Padron says:

Glad Matt will be working with Ryan again. Matt’s a great actor.

11. Hannah says:

sucks for him that he can only get work through Ryan Murphy . Should have stayed in the closet .

• abz says:

What a stupid comment! Considering his work with RM just got him an Emmy nomination and he’s actually one of the frontrunners to win it and he’s just finishing a 6 year run as a lead on a TV show, I think he’s doing just fine.

• Summer says:

Oh go turn blue you hateful cow.

• Gal says:

Even if he were jobless still I wouldn’t wish a closet on him or on anyone for else for that matter. I bet no amount of professional success can measure up to leading an honest full life.

12. abz says:

Such amazing news. A truly great and humble actor and hope the success keeps coming for him now that White Collar is ending. This makes me even more excited to watch Freakshow. Hope he gets that Emmy.

13. Kevin says:

Well AHS freak show is sure to sweep the emmy acting categories next yr. With abundance of emmy nominated actresses and michael chiklis for actor and now matt bomer for supporting, AHS with its heightened acting style is basically designed for actors to have good emmy submissions

14. Gal says:

Matt is quickly becoming known for his talent as much as his beauty! Can’t wait to see what he brings to AHS!

15. Aprilcot says:

This is welcome news! I’m still holding out hope for a Zachary Quinto appearance. He was one of the best things about Asylum and I felt he was sorely missed last season.

16. Freak Show is shaping up to be epic. I can’t wait!

17. Whitney says:

This is an amazing show, made more amazing by the guest appearance of MATT BOMER. WHAT ROLE CAN’T THIS PHENOMENAL ACTOR PLAY!

18. Matthew J Klein says:

Only the best for this young actor im sure it will be great!! can’t wait to see how warped!!! Mr Murphy from all accounts knows what he is doing Big fan of the show.