Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie: Watch the First Five Minutes Now

Saved By The Bell Movie

In Lifetime’s The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story, freeze tag is no longer just Zack Morris’ game.

RELATED Saved By the Bell Turns 25: Tara Reid and 14 Other Forgotten Guest Stars

The first five minutes of the biopic, posted below, find “Dustin Diamond” (Shameless‘ Sam Kindseth) interrupting “Mark-Paul Gosselaar” (Degrassi‘s Dylan Everett) during one of his classic “freeze” moments. Only this time, it’s happening in real life — the movie’s version of real life, anyway.

Premiering Monday, Sept. 1, at 9/8c, the movie also stars Tiera Skobbye (Supernatural) as Elizabeth Berkley, Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani Amber-Thiessen, Julian Works (NCIS: Los Angeles) as Mario Lopez and Taylor Russell (Emily Owens, M.D.) as Lark Voorhies.

Watch the first five minutes below, then drop a comment: Will you be checking out The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story?

1. Delante says:

Nope…I’ll pass

2. Sara says:

The real cast was a lot better looking that these kids! Only the guy who plays Dustin Diamond is cuter than the original. And they look like they were wearing 90’s costumes and not like people really leaving in the 90’s and wearing normal clothes.

• Dude says:

I’d say the girl who plays Tiffany and the girl who plays Lark are pretty comparable to their counterparts. Only the guys who play Mark Paul and Mario are considerably less attractive.

• Melissa says:

I figured out why the casting is so bad. Dustin Diamond was an executive producer. This explains why Zach and Slater look so horrible and Screech is taller than both and actually better looking too. Dustin Diamond is getting his payback!

• JA says:

That’s funny! I’m a little afraid to watch this because I don’t want my memories tarnished, but I think the fact that Zack and Slater don’t look like Zack and Slater might help.

3. Ann says:

Can’t wait to see this! Although, that boy playing Dustin Diamond looks and sounds too old. And the boy playing Zach looks too short. Don’t know about the other actors yet since they didn’t really talk much in the intro.

4. Kelsey says:

What is the point of this movie?

• Andy Swift says:

To apparently “expose” what life on the SBTB set was really like… according to Dustin Diamond, I think. (Short answer: I don’t know.)

• Jenny says:

Was Dustin Diamond involved in this?

• Dude says:

It’s based on the tell all book he wrote that the rest of the cast has brushed off as BS.

• Paul says:

Even Dustin claimed it was somewhat BS too. He didn’t write the book. He was working with a ghostwriter to make the book and the things he wanted to put into the book got over exaggerated. Dustin tried distancing himself from the book after it was published.

• Melissa says:

He was an executive producer according to imdb. No wonder his character is the only normal looking male.

5. Babybop says:

Saved by the Bell was my childhood. My sister and I watched it obsessively when we were kids and there is video of me watching it as a toddler… It makes me sad that Dustin Diamond wrote this book to begin with. As cheese-tastically amazing as this looks, I may have to skip it to keep SBTB as pure and kiddish in my mind as possible.

6. Matthew b Lawler says:

Could the wigs on Zack and Slater have been any worse and more obvious wigs The acting looks horrible the cast is unattractive if this had been the original cast of saved by the bell the show would have failed after the first season

7. Matthew b Lawler says:

This movie is following in a long line of other behind the scenes true story like the Brady Bunch behind the scenes movie the Partridge family behind the scenes movie

Watching this five minutes of this movie it looks atrocious the clothing I’Ve seen better coatumes in high school plays as someone else noted it looks like people wearing costumes not people authentically dressing and living in the late 80s early 90s the wigs on Zack and Slater look like she Cheap Halloween wigs
    I grew up loving saved by the bell and Zack and Slater were two of my first crush is growing up but this cast of this movie looks nothing like Dr. supertrain if this had been the cast of the original saved by the bell this would’ve been horrible and canceled after the first season I mean from what I just viewed none of them can act

8. CK says:

After watching that trainwreck Liz and Dick…..I’m going to pop open a bottle of wine and watch every second of this. Lifetime is slowly turning into the dramatic equivalent of SyFy.

9. Mrs. X says:

Gees, everyone has Canadian accents.

10. Et al says:

I forgot this started as Good Morning Miss Bliss. That’s when I started watching.

11. Matthew b Lawler says:

This isn’t the first made-for-TV movie look behind the dark reality of lighthearted sitcoms there’s been similar movies made based on suppose it behind the scenes happenings with the Brady Bunch and the Partridge family I think I might’ve even been one about different strokes

12. Matthew b Lawler says:

I can’t wait to hear what the original cast thinks of this movie and the actors chosen to portray them

13. Kae says:

OMG!!! LOLOLOL REALLY?? LOLOLO

14. Cobra says:

This looks absolutely awful. Will still probably watch it, but this looks absolutely awful.

15. Meh says:

Why did they cast someone so short to play Mark Paul Gosselaar?? It’s really distracting. I’m not impressed with the Tiffani Thiessen casting either.

16. Rocker Rocker says:

So, the worst TV series in the history of TV series gets its own biopic, with the trailer hosting the worst acting I’ve seen since the original? Really? REALLY Lifetime? Oh, wait. It’s on Lifetime. Does that count?

17. Travis says:

Cause everyone was hoping Dustin Diamond would be the focus… I’ll pass.

18. The lack of dimples and Jheri curl mullet on Mario Lopez is very disappointing.

19. Ezzy Klein says:

I don’t know what’s worse: Justin Beiber still making bucket loads of money or having this drivel on your resume..

20. Halina says:

I will be watching this movie because it will be telling all the truth about what happen and yes I believe a lot more happen but he could not bring too much of it out due to laws and regulations